Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 4 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Anne of Green Gables star Jon Crombie outed at funeral

Bronze Member

Default Anne of Green Gables star Jon Crombie outed at funeral

https://twitter.com/spaikin

Scroll down to June 14th. I was really surprised his sister stated that he was gay but chose to keep his orientation private. I know that there have been rumors about that circulating for years since he never married nor was seen with a woman. Although I did read he had girlfriends. He probably knew how to avoid the spotlight, besides Anne of Green Gable stars were never front page celebrity news. That is good, they used common sense to avoid being tabloid fodder. Anyway, I can imagine despite the fact he is dead, a lot of female fans will be disappointed. He was cute and a nice guy. According to his sister, he came out a few years ago.

Silver Member

Thanks for posting, it was pretty much implied that he was gay, but this confirms it.

That's odd that she would feel a need to say that at his memorial.

Who?
    SHELLEE and msdeb like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

After the 1st Anne movie, I could tell he was gay (I was 4 years younger than him). He was gorgeous in the 2nd Anne of Green Gables movie. The guy could have been a big time romantic star, like Ryan Gosling in "The Notebook" etc. He supposedly never wanted to fly and only took the bus. Why? He could have moved to Hollywood and become a movie star easily after the 2nd Anne movie. He was a major hearthrob and girls and women LOVED him as Gil. He probably didn't want to be seen with man, or he might lose romantic parts (just like Richard Chamberlain didn't come out as gay until many years AFTER "The Thorn Birds" or his world-wide fans would be upset that Gil was GAY in real life! He did NOTHING really after Anne. Why didn't he do TV movies, movies or a tv series. Surely with those looks and recognition, he could have been a star. To me, Jonathan looked like he contracted HIV/AIDS by the 3rd Anne movie. And Googling him the past 7 years doing plays, he looked old. I don't believe for a second he died of a brain hemorrhage. He died, and then very quickly, his sister said he died of a brain hemorrhage. How would she know that without an autopsy? Those take days, even weeks to look at heart attack, or other problems. I find it odd also is parents never spoke about him. Were they upset he was gay, and only his sister supported him? Either way, so tragic to die at only 48.

Okay.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

um, who?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Actor. TV miniseries. Mid-1980s.

Also, I would like to add that it is technically possible for gay people to die of non-AIDS-related causes! True fact.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Bronze Member

Seemed a lovely guy and good actor. He is at peace now.

Thread Information