Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you believe??

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I could not and would never starve myself. I'd rather work out more. The more you starve, the more you have to keep on doing it. I bet at this point if those women even ate what they should be able to eat without gaining weight they'd pile it on. Add to that the fact that when you get older your metabolism slows more. Believe me, you'd rather be YOU than them.
    I just wouldn't be able to starve myself either. I have a lot of trouble even trying to eat clean. I just did 3 days of fruits/veggies/oatmeal/brown rice/yogurt and it about killed me...I was supposed to do 9 days but I couldn't make it. I binged on Cheerios and Rice Krispy treats for several days afterwards. I am just always hungry. If I don't eat every 2-3 hours I start to feel very hungry and weak. I try the tricks they say to fill up on fibrous fruits and veggies, but it doesn't work for very long. I try the hot tea trick too, doesn't work.

If I didn't exercise I'd be overweight because of all the food I eat. But I'd like some tips from those of you that stay slim by lifting weights because obviously I'm not doing enough.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i dont use a lot of weights but i do pilates and alot of cardio and i have a voit gravity rider, too. i also find that working out when you are angry or upset is an asset, too. i work out twice as hard and feel awesome when i'm done. good stress reliever!!!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

I don't know why people screw around with sizes1 Who cares as ,long as you look nice it it-but if you try on an outfit at Neimans it will say a much smaller size than one at an ordinary department store, yet they will fit the same! Someone has a low opinion of womens ability to connect simple dots!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hotncmom-try this: make a soup/stew of your favorite veggies-
    I use cans of Kentucky wonder beans,black eyed pea,black beans, whatever you like thats low in cals with 1 can of rotel & Cavenders seasoning. Tastes great, almost no calories . With up to 5 saltines.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

that sounds good, i may have to try that one
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makedah21 View Post
    Hey girls !I have a question,if you start working out 3 or 4 times a week instead of 6 times a week and that you still manage to keep a healthy diet,is it possible to gain some weight back?

I've been so obsessed about my weight lately!That's insane.So i'm trying to give me a little break right now,the more i'm obsessed and the more it's difficult and frustrating.I was so obsessed about being slim and healthy that i started being a bit unhealthy(how paradoxical!)I no longer use that f.u.c.k.i.n.g. scale!!And i'm much better.That thing is a nightmare!
    honestly I dont think that'll make u change much in size b/c your metabolism will still be up but remember to do just as much weight training as cardio! u need that muscle to keep your metabolism up! but try it out for a few weeks/months and see what happens. It is tough as you get older, my mother works her ass off to maintain and she's always been a fitness buff, but i think after a certain age is almost impossible not to gain/ be affected by what you eat unless u want to spend your damn life in the gym. Its so wierd to see my always a petite mom gain a little chub; she's turning into a grandma i swear! but of course i still love her no matter what

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh HELL Alice you sound like my daughter

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg working out when ur angry is sooooo damn good! i've had my best workouts then!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I am 5'6" and a size 0 and I think that many of the celebs are actually SMALLER than a 0 and exaggerate their size to make it seem that they are at a somewhat reasonable weight (Mary-Kate, Nicole Richie, Kate Bosworth). I promise you there is NO way that those girls are fitting into 0s or 00s.
    I'm 5'7 and a size 0 too but I believe that Nicole and Kate Bosworth are 0's also. A pair of jeans fits everyone differently. Two people can share the same size but it doesn't mean they both wear it the same way. It can look entirely different on one person and body type to the next. I don't believe that Victoria Beckham ever had a 16 inch waist, that would just be absurd. How tall is Victoria anyway? I think she is at her skinniest now. Are US sizes entirely equivalent to Canadian sizes?
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

^ So are you as thin as Nicole Richie Juicy?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    omg working out when ur angry is sooooo damn good! i've had my best workouts then!
    I have to admit, I have too.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Eh! That's the only time my kitchen floor gets cleaned... don't worry, I'm steamed a lot - as I'm sure you've noticed!

Here's something that's scary...I weighed 85 pounds when I was in high school. I'm the same height as Nicole Richie and the Olsen twins...I think the difference is, I was always tiny and I really always ate. I never looked like those girls...ever! I was healthy. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks too. I was a skinny girl, but I didn't look bad.

Now that I'm 37, I have to watch what I eat. During the day, I eat out of necessity, I don't try to make every meal the most fabulous. So breakfast is usually cereal with fat free soy milk or a low fat cottage cheese cup. For lunch I eat mostly salad with a piece of fish or some tuna, sometimes I'll grab a frozen Lean Cuisine frozen pizza. Then for dinner, I eat something yummy. Whatever I want I don't restrict myself at all. I still try to keep it fairly healthy, but I fall victim to pizza and french fries from time to time. On the weekends when we are out and about or going out to dinner, I love to get some good Mexican food and chips and salsa.

Hit By Ban Bus!

KrisNine, I could swear you're one of my high school girlfriends except that we're older.

Of course, you're the envy of many of us here... I was even like that when I was younger but as we age our metabolism and hormones play havoc with that m.o. Really, being female is a bitch most of the time... no pun intended!

Mira, believe me...I noticed that once I got to my late twenties, I started to gain weight. I didn't change my diet, but I still gained weight. Now, if I'm not careful about what I eat, I'll gain weight pretty rapidly. That's why I don't indulge during the day. Basically I eat to nourish myself during lunch.

Forget it when I'm PMSing....all I want is salty, greasy garbage. If I don't get it, I'm pissed. Hormones!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information