Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you believe??

I work out too. I'm not a nut about it, but I do. Plus, I walk my dog several miles a week to keep us both in shape. I have pants in my closest that are the same size that I wear now, but they are about ten years old and they don't fit. My body is different now. I don't know if it's my age, or working out or the vanity sizing....but they don't fit. They are way too small.

I can't compare myself to the girls I work with...I don't want to. Heck, they may look hot, but they are so insecure about their looks. I'm not. That's the beauty of getting older.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

damn thats awesome that you work out your pup too! You know how good walking is for you right?! its really good for u!

Yeah, we walk a lot. Usually to the beach, which includes the dog going for a swim

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    You guys should start a thread in Health and Fitness about weight training. I think I could use some advice from you guys. I kind of alternate between the 5-10 lb. dumbbell kind of workout (that I can do at home) and the heavier weights at the gym. I also do a Pilates class once a week that combines Pilates and strenth training moves with 5 lb. dumbbells, but as many reps as we do I certainly achieve muscle fatigue. I am not quite as dedicated to the strength training as I am to cardio (running), and I have been spinning my wheels for the last year trying to get from 20% to 18% bodyfat. I am wondering if I actually increased the amount of strength training I am doing and laid off of the cardio a bit, if that would help.

My problem is that the more I exercise, the hungrier I get! So I just maintain my current weight and BF% because I eat to compensate for all the calories I burn so I can't create a deficit.
    Good idea....I've found it's not easy to keep in shape as I get older. I may feel young at heart, but my body notices if I eat french fries or pizza every day for a week

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Good idea....I've found it's not easy to keep in shape as I get older. I may feel young at heart, but my body notices if I eat french fries or pizza every day for a week
    mine too! i miss being able to eat what i want whenever i want!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

I'm 5 '6 and I weigh 125. Everyone thinks I'm super skinny. I guess I hide my fat well. I wear anywhere from a size 00 - 6. Depends on the designer. Doesn't make a bit of sense. I do feel fat compared to most celebrities but I'd rather look like this than abuse my body the way they do.

^^125 and 5'6" is very slim. You are not fat at all. Not in any way, shape or form!

Bronze Member

Hey girls !I have a question,if you start working out 3 or 4 times a week instead of 6 times a week and that you still manage to keep a healthy diet,is it possible to gain some weight back?

I've been so obsessed about my weight lately!That's insane.So i'm trying to give me a little break right now,the more i'm obsessed and the more it's difficult and frustrating.I was so obsessed about being slim and healthy that i started being a bit unhealthy(how paradoxical!)I no longer use that f.u.c.k.i.n.g. scale!!And i'm much better.That thing is a nightmare!
    Last edited by makedah21; March 15th, 2007 at 04:59 PM.

i suppose you could gain some of it back but i'm not sure. it sounds like you would still be working out and if you stuck to a healthy diet and stuff you would probably be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by litupgirl View Post
    I'm 5 '6 and I weigh 125. Everyone thinks I'm super skinny. I guess I hide my fat well. I wear anywhere from a size 00 - 6. Depends on the designer. Doesn't make a bit of sense. I do feel fat compared to most celebrities but I'd rather look like this than abuse my body the way they do.
    oh i think most of us feel fat compared to celebrities! when most of them are a size 0 or under 100 lbs....but you sound like you are built just right!

The thing is, when you start lifting weights...and I mean something more than light dumbbells for high reps, where you'll actually see results...you can't go by merely bodyweight anymore or you'll freak out and quit before you really accomplish anything.

For ex, I'd rather be 125# and able to wear a size 4 and have a metabolism that allows me to be able to eat what I want than 110# and having to diet my ass off and constantly watch what I eat to stay in a size 6...and still be plagued by flabby parts and cellulite. (This was the difference between me before starting weightlifting..."skinny-fat"...and me a couple years after....not skinny, but waaaay less fat)

You can lose weight be eating less, burning more calories, or a combo of a little bit of both. And any kind of exercise is always good for you even if you're totally satisfied with how you look. But if you want to make real changes, weights are the way to go.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

There are two women in my office that are OBSESSED with eating and weight. Both in their forties...Lisa is maybe 5'2 and weighs a whole 100lbs, Barb is about 5'7 and id say she goes maybe goes 120lbs...they both look sick because they dont eat..they starve themselves to be thin. Lisa constantly talks about how fat her ass is, the girl hasnt eaten bread in two weeks!!! She wears her 7th grade daughters clothing. Here I am 5'8 and 170lbs, a size 12...can i tell you i feel like a fucking cow when i hear them talk...if they think they are fat, i must look like an elephant to them I am 20lbs away from my goal weight (150lbs), ive already lost 30, by eating better,portion control and walking. I see how miserable lisa and barb are every single day, they are tired, hungry and just plain grumpy. I always say i would rather be fat and happy then skinny and miserable. I feel like smacking them both in the head and telling them to do some reading and they will find out that starving yourself isnt the answer.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I could not and would never starve myself. I'd rather work out more. The more you starve, the more you have to keep on doing it. I bet at this point if those women even ate what they should be able to eat without gaining weight they'd pile it on. Add to that the fact that when you get older your metabolism slows more. Believe me, you'd rather be YOU than them.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

congrats on your weight loss! yes, it's pretty much a fact that when you starve yourself you are pretty unhappy. i've had issues with this in the past myself and it's not fun. i wish i could eat what i want when i want it but as i've gotten older the metabolism slows down and that's just not possible for me anymore but i don't deprive myself, either. i just use portion control and exercise and limit sugar and stuff.

I'd love a weight training thread too! I just started going through the gym, and although I'm doing pilates and other group workouts, I'll combine it with some weight training to get better results. I'm still pathetically unfit (that 'skinny fat' stage), so I'd love to see tips and just gain some motivation from others' experiences.

And I agree that size and weight are relative-it depends so much on a person's height, bone structure and fitness level.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information