Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skeletal Cate Blanchett shocks NY fashion gala

^^I do see some marks on either side but what is that supposed to mean?

Shit that was in response to sweetpea!

SVZ

Do you think maybe she looks dehydrated? She certainly looked like a raisan that night.

Someone should do the pinch test or get her to poke her tongue out. She definately does look sick to me.

Im so dissapointed by this i could almost cry. I mean here is a woman who is simply stunning to say the least, and then this.

Yes i know that food related illness affect older women too, but this seems so sudden, and uncharacteristic of her. It doesnt make any sense at all.

I pray it's for a role, maybe a play, or the new Elizabeth or whichever. How am i supposed to feel, how is young hollywood supposed to feel, about image, and weight, when IMO the best, and one of Theatres most renowend actress pulls a stunt like this.

I mean, doesnt this woman know that she's the fairest of them all.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

When people get cancer treatments they have markings so the radiologist knows exactly where to follow. So I got a little sad thinking that is what she's going through, but now it makes perfect sense that it is for this particular role.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I ve seen cancer victims in the last stages and some of them were looking healthier than her,even with no makeup on.

What a difference a day makes to skeletal Cate

What a difference a day makes. Just 24 hours after the actress’s gaunt appearance startled onlookers at a benefit gala - actress Cate Blanchett looks back to her sleek best.
    Appearing at a gala for Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People In The World, the actress’ well-chosen black gown and glossy hair and make-up is in stark comparison to her appearance which shocked onlookers at the Costume Institute fashion gala.
    In comparison to yesterday’s disaster where she appeared frail and painfully thin, Cate’s sleeveless black gown suits her slender frame, and cleverly conceals the jutting collarbones which featured so prominently in the gold-fringed gown she wore at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.

The 37-year-old mother of two looks much healthier despite wearing slimming black, after the addition of warmer-toned make-up in comparison to the pale harsh look she wore yesterday.
    Finished off with a head of sleek shoulder-length glossy hair it’s clear that Cate is back to her stunning best.
    Let’s hope the skeletal look was just a one-off for the Oscar nominated star, who was voted one of Time Magazine’s Most Influential People.
    And unlike the previous night’s disaster - this is a look which screams do try this at home.

In Case You Didn’t Know » Archive » What a difference a day makes to skeletal Cate

"Blanchett was joined at the event by a host of high profile fashion and celebrity figures including Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Lindsay Lohan and Scarlett Johansson. "

so they are only figures these days...
    good from far but far from good.

Bronze Member

"she's just ugly is all, like golem from LOTR."

LOL!!! Blanchett has now taken ugly to a new level here.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    How incredibly sad, she is exceptional at her craft, she doesn't need to do this to herself. Hopefully (fingers crossed) its for an upcoming role.

Edited to add: Okay, I feel better. She dropped the weight to play a cancer patient. Whew!
    I feel relieved and amazed: my first thought when I saw the picture was "She looks like she has cancer"....

i know a day makes a difference, but sheesh....what the hell was that at the Gala....she looks sooooooooo off.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

When's the last time she frigging acted in anything?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

Notes On A Scandal? She does a lot of little indie/arthouse movies too that no-one's ever heard of.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Of course she looks better in the new pic. She is covering her shoulder blades. Anyhow I do think the next few times we see her, she will look better. I have high hopes for Cate.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information