Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skeletal Cate Blanchett shocks NY fashion gala

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    Oh dear god, Christian Bale...that was INSANE...

I cringed almost everytime I saw him without a shirt!

He went WAY too far, although he's a wonderful actor.

I heard he dropped down to about 120 lbs or so and he wanted to lose even more than that!!!

Jeeze he could have SERIOUSLY jeopardized his health...and who knows? Hopefully he won't suffer any long-term damage as a result of this later on in life...
    ^and he had to get the Batman body in a few months time. No idea how he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    In this picture if you look on either side of the straps, there seems to be a faded marking on each side. I hope it's not what I'm thinking.
    Yeah, what is that?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

She's ill.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

I adore her, and I hope its true that she's only this thin for a role. She definitely looks better meatier.

Here's what Lainey had to say about Cate Blanchett (Lainey was actually there, covering the event):

"PS. Re: Cate Blanchett…yes, I’ve seen the photo printed by the UK tabloids accusing anorexia, and I’ve read your emails blasting me for saying she looked great at the Gala. Believe whatever you want but that photo was taken from a ridiculously bad angle under the most terrible light inside a white tent with every kind of weird glare bouncing from side to side and up and down. Girl is naturally slender anyway and also naturally pretty pale. Because she’s not Jessica Simpson obsessively on a tanning bed! Anyway, at one point, I was standing 5 feet away from her. She was not shockingly thin, she was not deathly thin, no one gasped – as suggested by the rags. There were no “murmurs” of alarm about her frame and everyone I was around seemed to be in agreement with her gorgessity, including members of our crew that consisted of a non-fashion dude cameraman who doesn’t know a Stam from a Birkin - even he was impressed by her beauty. But that’s boring right? Stick thin sells papers, period…but nevermind that last Fall she signed onto a film called Cancer Vixen based on Marisa Acocella Marchetto's real life battle with the disease. By the way – did you know that Christian Bale lost 65 pounds for a movie called The Machinist and no one lost their shit? Sorry, I digress. All I’m saying is give her some credit. It’s CATE BLANCHETT and not some learning impaired Hollywood starlet battling the Hollywood standard. You think the formidable Cate Blanchett would succumb to vain starvation? Please."

I think it's better to takew the opinion of someone who was ACTUALLY there than some sensationalist newspaper who has nothing better to write about. And Lainey is not one to favour skinny girls.

am i the only one who thinks all these women are on drugs and not suffering from eating disorders...i truly dont think any of these women are anorexic, just coke/meth abusers

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    In this picture if you look on either side of the straps, there seems to be a faded marking on each side. I hope it's not what I'm thinking.
    All me stupid - what are you thinking? I can see the marks but.....
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

ewwww what r those marks?

Could be smudges from something, or just stretchmarks that hit the light in a weird way.

Silver Member

I’ve just looked on the Daily Mail website, and it looks like Cate Blanchett is back to looking like her normally glam self. The pictures of her looking like Marc Anthony’s long lost Aussie sister that appeared of her at the gala for New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York were thankfully just a result of bad lighting, bad make-up, and a bad dress choice.

In the Met Gala picture, Cate’s face looks severe with her hair pulled back, and her make-up makes her look ghostly pale, emphasising the cheekbones resulting from her weight loss. In the Time party pics, you can see she is using much rosier colors on her cheeks to make her face look warm, not gaunt.
    I’m glad to see Cate is back to looking like a million dollars. If I were her, I would really consider firing the stylist who shamed her at the Met shindig. Dawn of the Dead is never a good look to go for.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » When Bad Stylists Happen to Good People

She looks wayyyyyy better at the TIME 100 party last night.

I think a curvier person would never be able to wear the gold dress. The fringe would only add bulk! I think it was fabulous and she wore it very well, the only thing that spoiled it for me was the hair, and the eye makeup a bit.

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=phishtickie;663576] By the way – did you know that Christian Bale lost 65 pounds for a movie called The Machinist and no one lost their shit? Sorry, I digress. All I’m saying is give her some credit. It’s CATE BLANCHETT and not some learning impaired Hollywood starlet battling the Hollywood standard. You think the formidable Cate Blanchett would succumb to vain starvation? Please."
    quote]

i think alot of people thought christian bale was an idiot for starving himself. especially for a film that six people saw, two being his parents. thank the stars that cate b. has that good ol' hole-licker lainey doing her p.r .

lol
    I don't think she needs anyone to do her PR, she is pretty kick ass on her own... But I don't agree with killing yourself over a part either. You could do damage that won't be easily undone.

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    i think alot of people thought christian bale was an idiot for starving himself. especially for a film that six people saw, two being his parents. thank the stars that cate b. has that good ol' hole-licker lainey doing her p.r .
    Yeah, this reminds me of all the fuss that was caused when Matt Damon practically killed himself when he lost 40 lbs. for 'Courage Under Fire' and his part wasn't even all that big...

He looked horrible, my god...but he was playing a heroin addict so, meh.

The lengths some actors go through...

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Christian Bale was damn scary looking in the Machinist, so it is actually weird that nobody lost their shit. I felt so uncomfortable looking at him, because he looked so ill. Someone involved in the movie could have told him that he didn't have to go that far.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information