Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: The Keto Diet

I lost 4lbs over 5-6 days then it all went back on. I’m sticking to keto, not missing the sugar and…… nothing.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I had a busy day yesterday so I ended up doing a 24 hour fast. I actually feel good. I'm back to where I was before the stall and 3# gain.

Anything from here forward will be progress and even if it's slow I can live with that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Nov, how frustrating. I don't know if you're already tracking and measuring your food, but I use a food scale & an app called Cronometer to calculate everything (calories, protein, carbs). That way I'm sure I'm not underestimating how much I'm eating as opposed to eyeballing.

The other thing that makes a difference is giving myself a cut-off time for eating in the evening, since that's when I tend to overeat. Right now I'm eating nothing after 6 pm, but it can be any time you like. The point is to get used to not mindlessly grazing when I'm most likely to.

Mrs. D, that's great, sometimes a fast here and there is exactly the jumpstart your body needs to kick it back into gear.

I've been doing keto and IF 18:6 and checking my blood sugar--I am firmly in pre-diabetes territory. After 14 hours' fast I was at 113 (normal is 100 or under after a 12-hr fast) I mean, I have been pre-diabetic for a long time, even 6 years ago my A1C was hovering riiiight under the diabetes cut-off. And if you look at my weight/eating habits I should be diabetic, but not quite.

But I'm waiting to see how long before my fasting blood sugar drops into the normal range. Just to give myself a different goal and motivation than weight.
    sputnik, Novice, czb and 1 others like this.

I think that I might be there with you B!
    It was frustrating until I realised that a) I am feeling better about it b) I’m more relaxed (the majority of my weight is a stress-tummy) c) I’m not feeling hungry d) I’m breaking my bad eating habits.
    I’m not done with it yet as I am seeing other benefits.
    I really struggle with IF due to how active I am and how my body reacts to low blood sugar.
    I’m still working shifts (ish I started at 8:30 today & finished about 18:30….) so the cut off point isn’t going to work for me at the moment.
    Beeyotch and palta like this.

23# down since 3/23.

14 was pandemic year weight gain. It's slow going but at least it's back going again.

Wore a smaller size scrubs today for first time and they are comfortable.
    czb, Novice, faithanne and 5 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well done!

14 kg or 31 pounds down since February. I don't do Keto, because I can only be careful with sugar, avoiding it completely is not always possible for me. No meat, mostly vegetables and yes, plain eating far less is so far doing the trick. I'm currently 61 kg and want to go down to 56 kg until october, when I have my breast reduction. I think I should be thin for that. Then I'll go up to 58 kg, which is theoretically my ideal weight.
    That's the plan.
    Novice, MsDark, czb and 2 others like this.

14 kg is great Lofty! Well done!
    I hope that the breast reduction is everything that you want and need it to be.
    Lofty Bike and palta like this.

^^^Thank you, Novice!
    That's myhope, too. I'm pretty scared and the cost is high, but on the other hand - I've never liked the big boobs and the HRT made them even bigger, so now they're like old balloons that had been inflated for too long, if i may give you a mental picture. I hate it, they're always in the way...
    Novice and Beeyotch like this.

congrats Lofty, that's amazing! and hard work.
    Lofty Bike and Novice like this.

congrats, lofty!!
    and the breast reduction will be totally worth it! i had one and never regretted it for a second
    Lofty Bike, fgg and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^^Good to know! My mother had one, too and she always says that the only regret she has is that she didn't get it done earlier.
    sputnik and Novice like this.

^^^^
    i was really young but i've heard lots of women who had them later say the same thing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike;[URL="tel:3819371"
    3819371[/URL]]^^^Thank you, Novice!
    That's myhope, too. I'm pretty scared and the cost is high, but on the other hand - I've never liked the big boobs and the HRT made them even bigger, so now they're like old balloons that had been inflated for too long, if i may give you a mental picture. I hate it, they're always in the way...
    When I was my “usual” (old?) weight I was a B cup and was quite a clothes horse….
    I appreciate that my boobs & my arse now match but I’m an E cup and haven’t learnt how to dress properly as I’ve been on a diet for 20year to get back to the b-cup size.
    I know that an E is probably tiny to you but I hate them and am wanted to move down the scale again. I can’t imagine what it’s like for you.

I hope everything goes well, you’ll have to let us know when you go for it doing.

I’d forgotten that Sput had a reduction, I think that there are a couple of other posters too. The only time I’ve read a comment it was that they were glad they had it done.

^^^I'm an E cup, but I think german measure is bigger. they're not monstous, but they are unproportinal and somehow not part of me, it's difficult to describe.
    sputnik and Novice like this.

Thread Information