Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just hate having a supermodel sister-in-law!!!

Excuse me while I gag. What a whiny piece of rot. What she really needs is a supermodel SIL who's as insecure and self loathing as she is. Y'know....someone who never tires of mentioning her height and weight, extensive beauty routine, favorite designer labels. Classy shit like that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

There is no comparsion between her or the husbands for that fact....thats very rude to write something like that; she is so obviously jealous and thinks writing that article will make her seem better or get sympathy.

I can totally understand feeling a bit envious, but this woman seems to have let it take over her life. Like all have said before, is the SIL a bitch? Is she vain and condescending? Like you all said, think of the make up tips, new styles before they hit the masses, wild stories, vacations, and maybe even a good friend. The last dig at her SIL was so pathetic. I really can understand feeling ugly next to someone, but to write about it publicly? To let it affect you so much it becomes a part of your work? Eeek, sad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

oh man that would be awesome to have a supermodel sister in law. i'd me making her supermodel me up. with makeup and accessories and shit. sometimes in life you gotta just look at a beautiful woman for what she is. beautiful. and not get all obsessive jealous cuz randy uncle isn't paying attention to you. she could definately see her sil for who she is and admire her qualities. her fashion sense. it would be exciting!

No joke! Most of us would be thrilled to have one in the family!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well, I guess it depends on whether she's nice or a bitch...

I thought that this was a funny piece, but..... hey, twisted sense of humour...

To me, this is almost like finding out an urban legend is true. I've never been into comparing myself to other women in any department, much less looks, and my friends and I don't talk about this type of stuff. (At least nothing beyond "she has nice legs", etc.) So to be honest, I never really believed that this shit existed. This type of jealousy and self-criticism. I've heard stories of it related, but always thought the depth of it was majorly exaggerated. (The whole jealous, bitter, fatty thing was just always a joke to me.)

But reading this article makes me believe that it really is true, even though it seems so out of this world to me.

Why do women do this?

Edited to clarify: I know we all (men and women) look at and judge other people's looks, to a certain extent. And possibly even judge ourselves for our shortcomings that we can control (like carrying around an extra 20 lbs) when someone else is obviously better at controlling themselves.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the blatent "woe is me, she's thin and tall and makes me look like a troll, so won't you all join me in hating her" mindset. Like attractive women are the enemy and less attractive women have nothing to offer or will automatically be overshadowed.

To me, this whole article is such a self-serving prophecy and circle-jerk. The writer is complaining about how she pales in comparison to her super-model SIL while in beach attire, yet she is furthering this type of behavior herself by her very comments and comparisons.
    Last edited by nwgirl; April 2nd, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

I think the person who was writing the article was trying to be funny, but failed and came across more angry and jealous than anything.

I totally relate to her pain though. I had TWO 19-year-old models at my wedding. They weren't supermodels, I think one was a catalog model and the other did some catwalk. But my reception was held on a yacht and everyone brought their swimsuits to sun themselves on the deck while we cruised around the ocean. Needless to say, I was NOT the center of attention. LOL.

So, I did what any self-respecting, bitter, fatty would do. I got smashed on champagne!

I agree with the bitter jealous fatty.

I'd be happy to have the horny uncle off my hands

My mother-in-law has 19 year-old twins that are supermodel gorgeous. I don't mind one bit. If I get married one day they can be in my wedding picture, no worries.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Eli

That's a supermodel?

I am far from a supermodel, but I can relate to the jealous thing. It's so stupid women do that to themselves, they should focus on improving themselves instead of being jealous of other peoples looks. I always enjoy looking at attractive people, and if they deserve it I will throw in a compliment. She just comes across as bitter and spiteful, not making herself look good at all.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I think that article was intended to be quite lighthearted, and perhaps a bit of fun. I don't think she bitter, jealous or a fatty.

If she moved them legs on the treadmill as much as she flapped those lips complaining, she'd be half way there by now.

Come on, is she Claudia Schiffer?? I don't think so... it cannot be that bad then.

Maybe if the woman shut her mouth and stopped shoving food in it and doing that stupid smile, she'd feel a little better about herself
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information