Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Full House's Candace Cameron lost her "chubby" weight

^^It's a US size 6-8 depending on build. Upper end of thin for that height. Hollywood really has all us women screwed over weight. A woman is considered fat if she's got an extra 5 lbs on her. It's sick.

i didnt think she was fat in the 90s anyway. but im glad shes back and i always liked her

Elite Member

What bothers me was the FEMALE director telling her to "suck it in." Disgusting.

Well, at the very least, I'm pleasantly surprised her weight loss didn't have something to do with Jesus and prayer. She looks really good. And size 0 is ridiculous. But she is short and this vanity sizing has gotten absurd. I am 5'2" like Cameron. But the way things are sized now, if I got down to the size/weight I used to be before my son (which was a 4 at the smallest, back when a 4 was small) then I would probably have to buy stuff that said "2" or "0" on the label because sizes are so fucking large now. I bet if I laid out some of my old clothes (even using a tape measure) next to the same clothing out there today my old size 4's would be about what a 0 is now.

I told a story on here once about wearing a vintage lace 2-piece skirt and top "dress" to a dance in highschool that my mother once wore. The size on the label was 8! This was in the late 80's that I wore the dress, and the dress had been taken in a size, so you could probably legitimately call it a 6...or rather what was a 6 in the late 50's (a size which was considered very "tiny" back then, BTW). I bet that same dress (the measurements) today would be comparable to a 0 or 00.
    Last edited by MsDark; December 13th, 2008 at 09:37 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    132 even on 5'2" is hardly fat.
    I am ready to hop on a plane just to track this skinny bitch down and throw acid in her face for daring to complain about "chubbiness" at 132 lbs. Fucking bitch. I am really mad. Better yet, I'll just throw her on the ground, sit on her and crush her with my 210 pounds of love until the breath seeps out of her.

Whore.
    Last edited by landerq; December 13th, 2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell.

^^I'm not sure I'd be mad at her. She's just another woman victimized by Hollywood's impossible weight standards.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    ^^I'm not sure I'd be mad at her. She's just another woman victimized by Hollywood's impossible weight standards.
    I understand what you saying. But I truly take issue with this "victimized" bit. A child is victimized by a molester. A women who can't see past some bullshit is just an idiot.

I'm mad at her because she is just another one of the army of women who spend more time thinking about their damn weight and wondering if they are pretty enough for their men rather than worrying about whether they are smart enough or clever enough or talented enough. This is what I say to those women: Be thin or be fat or be whatever. But don't blame anyone for your own inability to put down the fork. STFU about your weight and realize that real people with real lives and real problems don't care about your diet. Realize that being overweight is not as bad as having cancer. Realize that millions of people the world over who are starving would love to have your fucking problem of overeating and not being able to fit into your "skinny" jeans. Christ. No wonder most of the world hates Americans.

This chick who is boo hooing about 132 pounds isn't victimized but anyone but her dominating husband who she allows the final say on all matters pertaining to her and her family because it's what God wants. What a freak. She's got more problems than her weight, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by landerq View Post
    I understand what you saying. But I truly take issue with this "victimized" bit. A child is victimized by a molester. A women who can't see past some bullshit is just an idiot.

I'm mad at her because she is just another one of the army of women who spend more time thinking about their damn weight and wondering if they are pretty enough for their men rather than worrying about whether they are smart enough or clever enough or talented enough. This is what I say to those women: Be thin or be fat or be whatever. But don't blame anyone for your own inability to put down the fork. STFU about your weight and realize that real people with real lives and real problems don't care about your diet. Realize that being overweight is not as bad as having cancer. Realize that millions of people the world over who are starving would love to have your fucking problem of overeating and not being able to fit into your "skinny" jeans. Christ. No wonder most of the world hates Americans.

This chick who is boo hooing about 132 pounds isn't victimized but anyone but her dominating husband who she allows the final say on all matters pertaining to her and her family because it's what God wants. What a freak. She's got more problems than her weight, it seems.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Well, at the very least, I'm pleasantly surprised her weight loss didn't have something to do with Jesus and prayer. She looks really good. And size 0 is ridiculous. But she is short and this vanity sizing has gotten absurd. I am 5'2" like Cameron. But the way things are sized now, if I got down to the size/weight I used to be before my son (which was a 4 at the smallest, back when a 4 was small) then I would probably have to buy stuff that said "2" or "0" on the label because sizes are so fucking large now. I bet if I laid out some of my old clothes (even using a tape measure) next to the same clothing out there today my old size 4's would be about what a 0 is now.

I told a story on here once about wearing a vintage lace 2-piece skirt and top "dress" to a dance in highschool that my mother once wore. The size on the label was 8! This was in the late 80's that I wore the dress, and the dress had been taken in a size, so you could probably legitimately call it a 6...or rather what was a 6 in the late 50's (a size which was considered very "tiny" back then, BTW). I bet that same dress (the measurements) today would be comparable to a 0 or 00.
    I was wondering how she could be a size 0. I'm 5'3 and at 105 lbs(when I got married, which was MANY lbs. ago) I was wearing between a size 2 and a 4.
    I could really give a shit about scale numbers or how big my ass is in my jeans anymore. I eat right and exercise to FEEL better.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

^At that height and weight, you would most likely be part of the size 0 crowd today due to vanity sizing.

She looks great, but I'm also surprised she's a 0 at 5'2" and 110 pounds.

After reading her 'submissive' bullshit, I just wanna rip her stupid face off.

Sorry. It just angered the crap outta me!!! And all I can think is if she's THAT freakin' brainwashed, she must be all hating on non-christians, gays, etc. and all that hard core crap. Burns me up.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    132 even on 5'2" is hardly fat.
    Thank you. I don't get this zero business either. First of all, I weighed 110 pounds when I graduated high school 20 years ago and I was not a zero. More like a 5/6 and I was several inches taller. It seems to me that to be a zero at 5 foot 2 she would have to weigh less than 100 pounds. She looks good. I respect her commitment to her beliefs although they aren't the same as mine. If God is suppose to love us like a father loves his child then I do not believe He would want us in a bad marriage. What father would want that for his daughter?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    She looks great, but I'm also surprised she's a 0 at 5'2" and 110 pounds.
    I think it's all how you carry your weight. I'm 5'6" and when I'm 130 lbs. I wear a slightly loose size 4. I've always heard that to get your ideal weight you take 100 lbs. for the first 5 feet of height, then add 5 lbs. for each inch. So 130 is my ideal weight according to that.

But even at 130 I have a little tummy so I'm always shooting for 125. I have never been lower than 132 since after college. It just takes so much work to even get down in the low 130's, I just lose steam.

In college I weighed 120 but I still had that super-fast youthful metabolism thing going. I even had a tummy at 120 but I never exercised. So I can see how these Hollywood women fall into the trap of lower and lower weights because their bodies are so scrutinized for every lump and bump, and they feel like maybe just another 5 lbs. would do it.

Incidentally, when I was 120 lbs. at 5'6" I wore a size 5/6. But that was 20 years ago and I am certain I'd fit into a 0 or even 00 if I weighed that now. On my frame 5 lbs. = one pant size. I can wear a size 6 when I'm in the 135-140 range.

I'm 5'1" and weigh about 105. I wear a 27 in jeans, which is a 4 I think. I don't think she's a 0.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information