Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ginnifer Goodwin: I've Been Dieting Since I Was 9

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I know a few chubby vegans because they live off french fries and pasta much.
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I have a friend who is vegan and quite overweight. Her son (also vegan) is overweight as well but to a lesser degree. They eat tons of pasta and bread.
    for some reason i always thought being vegan comes with a... very "healthy" attitude to life. like not only not eating animal products, but also not eating any junk food and doing lots of sports. but now that's obviously a generalization and not always the case.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    Her wiki page indicates that she herself changed it from Jennifer to Ginnifer (Ginnifer Goodwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I don't know what she was thinking.
    That does make me like her a bit less. I know it's completely shallow, but things like that turn me off.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    for some reason i always thought being vegan comes with a... very "healthy" attitude to life. like not only not eating animal products, but also not eating any junk food and doing lots of sports. but now that's obviously a generalization and not always the case.

depends on if you are doing it for 'health' reasons or if you are doing it because eating animals and their secretions freak you out.

on that note i've never met a fat raw vegan.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    That does make me like her a bit less. I know it's completely shallow, but things like that turn me off.
    I wonder if there was already a "Jennifer Goodwin" registered with the actor's union? Maybe that's why she changed it. Otherwise, she is just a little tooooo precious.

I really like her spelling. But I like Ginnifer Goodwin, she reminds me of a fairy or elf.

Elite Member

I know a girl who insists her name is Margaux because her family is French even though I grew up with her (in NY) and it was always "Margo" until she got to college. It comes off as very pretentious.

But, Ginnifer/Jennifer doesn't bug me much since lots of actors play with their names. And in Hollywood you do what you can to be memorable.

Nah, it says she changed it because of her family's accent. It would be like if Maci's son (the girl from Teen Mom) changed his name to Bintlee because that's how his mom says his name. It's stupid as all hell.

Otherwise I like Ginnifer. She's super cute and I really like Big Love.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Default Ginnifer Goodwin reacts to uproar over her Weight Watchers history

Ginnifer Goodwin Reacts to Uproar over Her Weight Watchers History
    By Blaine Zuckerman

Saturday January 08, 2011 09:00 AM EST

Ginnifer Goodwin
    Jordan Strauss/WireImage

Ginnifer Goodwin has never tried to keep secret the method behind her svelte figure – but when the Big Love star revealed publicly last month that she's been on Weight Watchers for much of her life, she was taken aback by the uproar.

In fact, the actress, 32 – who doesn't attend Weight Watchers meetings, but is a member of the group online – maintains that she's never been on an actual diet.

"I was so shocked when it was this whole, 'Ginny's been on a diet since she was 9 years old!' I was like 'No!' I've never had body issues, I've never had an eating disorder," she tells PEOPLE. "I've never had to go on a diet and that's because of Weight Watchers."

Goodwin, however, says she was an overweight child, which led her to the program. "I began to identify myself as fat." Goodwin says. "At 9 years old I weighed about 10 lbs. less than what my weight is at 32. I needed to get help."

"I ended up going to my mother crying,"she recalls. "With the counseling of my family doctor, my mother ended up turning to Weight Watchers and their children's program. I went to weekly meetings, got counseling and would exercise with my peers who were my size. It was the first time I saw a proper children's portion size, and it wasn't two burgers, it was one."

Takes Time

Losing the weight, recalls Goodwin, "was extremely easy to accomplish." But she adds, "It takes time because you lose the weight slowly. It's a healthy way to do it."

And she's kept the weight off with ease over the years. "You don't have to go through that horrible yo-yo cycle of binging," she says. "I've always been able to satisfy my cravings; it's just a matter of balancing."

It saddens her to see her peers struggle with weight. "I pulled an actress friend aside and I said, 'I get it. I get what it is that you're trying to do, but there's being healthfully skinny and then there's starting to look like a scary alien cat,' " she says.

Goodwin has a not-so-flattering name for the diet secrets of some of the rich and famous. "I call it the 'Cocaine and Cigarettes Diet' in Hollywood," says the actress, who also doesn’t believe in a low-carb diet as a permanent solution. "I see girls who haven't had a carbohydrate in three years. The second you go back to eating right, you're going to put that weight on. You eat one piece of bread and you are screwed, lady!"

Goodwin, who became engaged to actor Joey Kern last month, concedes that she has lost weight since getting to Hollywood.

"At lunch the last day [of shooting Big Love] they showed the pilot and I was shocked at how much rounder I looked. We shot the pilot almost a decade ago when I was just out of college," she says. "I think it took me a long time to lose more baby-fat. And yes, living in L.A., you exercise a lot more because it is gorgeous year round. I do a lot of hiking. I can see that my habits have changed."

In the end, Goodwin credits her mother for her healthy approach to life. She looks back to the day when she told her mom she was fat. "Her reaction was not, 'Oh, I'll help you get skinny," says Goodwin. "My mother's reaction was, 'Why don't we all go and learn a little more about our health."
    Ginnifer Goodwin Reacts to Weight Watchers Uproar : People.com

Whenever I read her name I want a gin and tonic.

She has a really round face, which makes her look pudgier than she really is.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

She feels like she's dancing when she does the elliptical? Either she's doing it wrong or I am.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenshelton2 View Post
    She feels like she's dancing when she does the elliptical? Either she's doing it wrong or I am.
    I know if I'm listening to the music on the elliptical I go to the beat of it, and there's definitely more of a bounce and swing in my hips when I'm on it as opposed to the treadmill. I see what she's saying, maybe you ARE doing it wrong!!!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information