Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curves, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers; etc

A*O

Weight Watchers online is very good. You get the various diet plans, recipes, etc and the online community for support/encouragement/advice if that's what you want. You can download the software or I think there's a CD-ROM you can order. Some people like to attend WW meetings for the social aspects - it's a very personal choice.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo View Post
    I'd like to lose 10 lbs. Would I get looked at funny if I went to WW to do that?? Just wondering. I'd like to go for healthy recipies and stuff like that but I don't want to go if I'll get eyeballed for not being overweight enough.
    No, you wouldn't. I had a friend who's goal was to lose 11 lbs. She went to WW and did just that. So did my niece -- she wanted to lose 10 lbs. while she was home over the summer from college. Her mom is on WW so she went too. There are all different sizes at meetings.

OK, but you do get people who want to lose 10lbs who are basically slim, and some who want to lose 10lbs who actually need to lose 20lbs but their standards are just lower, dont u? I cant imagine someone slim going into those places, they will think you're irrational?

i dont like curves. the music sucks and its boring. working out at the gym is a lot better for me.
    weight watchers works well for me . its the only thing thats worked for me. i havent tried other "diets" cause i dont believe in them. but i tried to lose on my own by just exercising, and that got me nowhere. ww is worth the money. and trust me, i dont like spending money frivolously either.

Bronze Member

I don't like Curves either, I quit and started at a regular gym. Any place with those curcuits are not good news because you aren't working out properly, there is no resistance, just fast fast fast machine-work. Resistance training is a lot better for you. And, Curves promotes a "diet" like Atkins, which isn't healthy. I lost 16 pounds and 11 inches in 6 weeks on that diet, but gained it alll back and more.

ReinaBikipatra

My sister started doing the online meetings and boards because it is easier to ignore certain people online! She had this one chick who came to all her meetings at the WW Center and whined and cried because she was so fat she couldn't leave the house except to go to WW-she was too afraid people were looking at her. She only weighed about 150.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo View Post
    That's what I was asking.... I'm slim but starting to get some love handles. I don't want to go there and have people look at me weird like I don't belong there because I'm not obese.
    I was the same (except I am a pear so I was getting saddlebags instead of handles!), and I did WW online. Worked fine for me, and gave me just enough structure so I stuck to it and lost the 9 or 10lb I wanted to pretty easily.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I thank you guys for opinions and stories. I started this thread cause I wanted to know where I should go. Although I made the desicion to work out at Balleys. I feel their more of a challenge and I can talk to some people about what I need to work on. Curves in my opinion is not that much, I mean meeting for at least 30 mins or less and whats foods that I can eat, It's not gonna make me stay determind. And weight watchers either. I wanna feel and physically see the results, modivation. Nutrition is a big factor too, but I've made my decision, thank you all.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information