Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Carnie Wilson Sacked For Not Losing Weight

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 209 I weighed 229 a few months ago.
    Congrats on your weight loss and good luck! Your height and weight don't sound like you're that overweight, though. I thought you had to be around 100 lbs overweight before you got the bypass surgery?

For gastric bypass you need to be about 100 lbs over or a bmi of 40 unless you have other issues such as the diabetes. Then the insurance comapnies will approve you at a bmi of 35. The lapband does not require the bmi to be as high.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Type 2 diabetes can be completely cured by a low-fat plant-based diet, as can heart disease, obesity, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, and a myriad of other lifestyle diseases. I always find it curious that people would take surgery or drugs with scary side effects (that don't cure, but merely suppress the symptoms) over simply changing what they eat. I guess it's a statement of the power that food has over some of us.

Dr. Dean Ornish once said he finds it amazing that people consider having their chest ripped open for heart surgery completely normal, but changing how they eat to be too radical. It is certainly mind-boggling to me.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ me too

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Type 2 diabetes can be completely cured by a low-fat plant-based diet, as can heart disease, obesity, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, and a myriad of other lifestyle diseases. I always find it curious that people would take surgery or drugs with scary side effects (that don't cure, but merely suppress the symptoms) over simply changing what they eat. I guess it's a statement of the power that food has over some of us.

Dr. Dean Ornish once said he finds it amazing that people consider having their chest ripped open for heart surgery completely normal, but changing how they eat to be too radical. It is certainly mind-boggling to me.
    Yes, food has an incredibly strong hold over me. It is hard. It is my go-to drug when I'm tired, stressed, etc. Because I have diabetes and an BMI of 35 I was qualified for the surgery. Wish I could tell you it would be as easy as changing my diet. Wish I could change my diet and keep to it. This surgery will more or less force me to.

Also after having diabetes for almost 20 years, just losing weight will not cure it. Neither will lapband. So far gastric does, immediately. They don't know why, but they think the body resets itself.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

With respect, that is because food is not your addiction.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information