Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Carnie Wilson Sacked For Not Losing Weight

^ That mumu was totally uncalled for. She's too young for that. I was surprised to read her pancreas quote. She usually takes responsibility for her food issues. She admits to cheating and hating exercise. She said she has an addictive personality. When she got the surgery, she replaced the food with alcohol and then had to get into a 12 step program. She still goes to meetings. She's been sober for a few years. The woman may say stupid things and joke around about being fat but she's struggling. I really hope she can find a way to find some peace. I have a friend with severe food issues. He admitted that he prays he just falls over dead one day. He wasn't trying to get attention or make me feel sorry for him. He was just speaking the truth at a very low moment. He doesn't drink or do drugs. He eats. That's his medication. Life fucked him up and this is how he copes. It's nobody's fault. He's starting to understand that he needs therapy to help him deal when he's feeling out of control. Medication is probably something he needs, but he has a hard time understanding that he's not just super hungry. He's dealing with an addiction/illiness. I hope he can figure out that the hate and disgust he feels about himself is bullshit. Because that's also fueling the vicious cycle he's in. Sorry to go on and on. But this really is a constant struggle for some people. They don't need pity or hate. Just a little understanding.

I'm curious if her stomach has stretched back out to its original size? That would be a shame, going through surgery only to be back at square one again.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am fat, and I don't exercise right now. I eat too much, it is not an addiction or and illness.

Really fatsos know why they are fat and we all know what we can do to change it. I dont know why some of us feel the need to explain it ad nauseum like Carny.

Youre fat. Big deal, next!!

i have to disagree somewhat. there is a difference in 'letting yourself go' and having an eating addiction. it's just like alcohol or drugs. but worse because you can't just stop food. some people do feel the need to eat to numb the pain or fill the proverbial hole inside of them. emotional eating is like that. having a bad day? go and eat a cake! that to me is very similar to having a bad day and downing a bunch of alcohol.

binge eating disorder is classified in the DSM-IV as an eating disorder (not otherwise specified). so it certainly can be seen as a deeper issue or 'illness'.

She appears to be kinda short which makes extra pounds even more noticable. Honestly though, I don't think she looks all that bad. Yeah she's chunky, but it suits her. She looked weird when she lost all that weight. Like a skinny Santa Claus. Same goes for Oprah.

She's got a pretty face, a wonderful personality, plenty of money, a nice family, and she can sing.
    Not too much to complain about there.

I'm having gastric bypass in May or June of next year. Kaiser is doing the surgery. I had to go to a 3 month nutrition class (waste of time, I know what I should eat and what I shouldn't, I just don't do it) Now I'm in a 6 month class to find out why I have been fat since I was 10. I'm now 60. I'm 5'7" and weigh 209 I weighed 229 a few months ago. We have to lose 10% before our surgery. I think I even know my underlying issues. It helps, but it doesn't make it go away. I use food for comfort, similair to an alcoholic. Unlike a drinker or drug abuser, I can't not eat. It has been a 50 year struggle. I have diabetes and gastric bypass cures it....immediately. 2 of my siblings and my dad have died from heart attacks due to diabetes. I'm so scared I will eventually gain the weight back. I will do everything to prevent that.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    I'm having gastric bypass in May or June of next year. Kaiser is doing the surgery. I had to go to a 3 month nutrition class (waste of time, I know what I should eat and what I shouldn't, I just don't do it) Now I'm in a 6 month class to find out why I have been fat since I was 10. I'm now 60. I'm 5'7" and weigh 209 I weighed 229 a few months ago. We have to lose 10% before our surgery. I think I even know my underlying issues. It helps, but it doesn't make it go away. I use food for comfort, similair to an alcoholic. Unlike a drinker or drug abuser, I can't not eat. It has been a 50 year struggle. I have diabetes and gastric bypass cures it....immediately. 2 of my siblings and my dad have died from heart attacks due to diabetes. I'm so scared I will eventually gain the weight back. I will do everything to prevent that.
    Good luck, Nana.

Good luck Nana, I wish you all the best

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah good luck with that; and take it 1 day and 1 meal at a time

Good luck nana. Did you decide to do the bypass instead of the band?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I wanted to do the band, but they told me the band will not cure the diabetes. It may eventually as I lose weight, but the bypass cures it immediately. They don't really know why, but people 10 years after, (who didn't gain too much back) still do not have diabetes. That is the main reason I'm doing it anyway. Also with lapband, you have a foreign object inserted, and then a permanent port in your side. To inject the saline.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Yes I know all about the surgeries since I had bypass 7 years ago. You will start a war on the weight loss surgery sites if you talk about the foreign object in your body. The banders will come bakc with "oh, so a foreign object is a dealbreaker but having your insides surgically rearranged is fine.... " LOL I support whatever procedure works for people.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

i bet you will feel really great once the diabetes is gone!

She was on Dr. Oz a while back. Dr Oz had set her up with a nutrition and exercise program. When they returned to her a few weeks or so later, She had not accomplished any of the goals set up for her. She had an excuse for everything except the truth. She has no self control when it comes to food. You could see the irritation on Dr Oz's face listening to her.

IDGAF what she looks like, bring back Wilson Phillips!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information