Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Carnie Wilson Sacked For Not Losing Weight

^^ Carnie doesn't look all that big there, or maybe it's just a good angle? Her sister looks the largest of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I dint think that she does "want" to be fat... She's done a lot of things to try not to be. Living in LA, I can totally see that, even more than anywhere else, giving an "excuse" for being overweight is deemed more "acceptable". I find the body culture there both insane (where if you're more than a size 2 you're a non-person) and the "norm" of overweight Americans. I don't think it's a healthy environment for anyone with any body issues.
    I know she doesn't want to be fat. But she sure acts like it and it's annoying.

If she were embraces herself and said, "this is me world! Fuck you all I like being this size!!" I could support it.

But if she's going on and on about the "battle" and then stuffs herself with cheesecake and blames her pancreas (!!1) then I hate her.

No one could eat cake every day and stay thin regardless of their pancreas. NO ONE. Unless they were puking it after.

Nov 9, 2010 photo. I hope it comes through:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I know she doesn't want to be fat. But she sure acts like it and it's annoying.

If she were embraces herself and said, "this is me world! Fuck you all I like being this size!!" I could support it.

But if she's going on and on about the "battle" and then stuffs herself with cheesecake and blames her pancreas (!!1) then I hate her.

No one could eat cake every day and stay thin regardless of their pancreas. NO ONE. Unless they were puking it after.
    I think that you are missing the point. An eating disorder is like an addiction - except you can't go cold turkey.

You can eat cake everyday & stay thin if you manage your calorific intake.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Nov 9, 2010 photo. I hope it comes through:

She's nowhere near the size she was in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Pre-op psychological evaluation is usually required for weight loss surgery patients, however, from what I've seen, it's not very extensive and easily manipulated. I constantly encourage extensive counseling for anyone before they undergo surgery, but most people seem to think that the surgery will fix all their problems so they just see the counseling as a necessary evil to get the surgery and don't take it very seriously.
    Curious why you're saying the evals are easily manipulated. I did an eval on a lady (the only one of these I've ever done) and she brought a long list of questions I had to answer, as well as give recommendations. They wanted a certain type of test done & a full report. I was thinking that the requirements probably vary from doctor to doctor, but I really don't know. You're right in the sense that there is only so much you can glean from a person in one sitting. I ended up recommending that she have the surgery but said that she definitely needed follow-up counseling because I thought her family would sabotage her. That's another issue in this deal - family. When you are the matriarch & have cooked big comfort food meals for decades, people don't want you to stop.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Curious why you're saying the evals are easily manipulated. I did an eval on a lady (the only one of these I've ever done) and she brought a long list of questions I had to answer, as well as give recommendations. They wanted a certain type of test done & a full report. I was thinking that the requirements probably vary from doctor to doctor, but I really don't know. You're right in the sense that there is only so much you can glean from a person in one sitting. I ended up recommending that she have the surgery but said that she definitely needed follow-up counseling because I thought her family would sabotage her. That's another issue in this deal - family. When you are the matriarch & have cooked big comfort food meals for decades, people don't want you to stop.
    my step-cousin definitely got past the eval. he is bi-polar, doesn't take his medicine, is delusional, doesn't bathe or take care of himself or apartment and he passed. no way he can maintain the guidelines someone needs to in order to make the surgery a success.

Oh lord. That's not good.

Carnie Wilson Embraces The Chunk

Carnie Wilson got her stomach pinched and her intestines rotated live on the internet in 1999 and the chunk quickly slipped off her body the same way the name of the other ginger in Wilson Phillips always slips off your mind (It's WENDY FYI). For the next 11 years, the weight came off and on several times. Well, Carnie is back in all her BBW glory and tells Popeater that she's embracing it:

"I'm fat as fuck, what can I say? You know, after all these years, it's just like we are who we are and it's a struggle for me and sometimes I'm heavier and sometimes I'm thinner."
    You go Carnie Coco! Fuck it and fuck putting your internal organs on webcam. No, seriously, don't put your internal organs on webcam again.

Carnie Wilson Embraces The Chunk | Dlisted
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    The psyche eval is a requirement from the insurance company. The Drs require it because they have to include it when they file to get approval to perform the surgery. I have seen many people get approved by visiting a social worker who knows nothing about the surgery. It's sad. Most Drs also require patients to meet with a nutritionist and go to support groups. After the surgery is completed there is nothing they can do to ensure compliance.
    Last edited by sluce; December 13th, 2010 at 09:44 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yeah, they didn't check me out beforehand. I even called & talked to them to make sure I would meet their requirements and they didn't act like they really cared about my background but just my licensure.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Yup as always such types are in denial. Blame it on everything except the fact that you stuff your face with the unhealthiest of foods 24/7.

I don't know what to say. She's done gastric surgery which could have killed her. That's like the ultimate step, and even that didn't work.

It's all about portion control. There's simply no excuse. It's hard at first but eventually you and your body will adapt to that new mindset and keep the weight off. That's how I managed to lose almost 30 pounds a few years ago and keep it off. This, even with eating fast food and junk food, not to mention exercise.
    good for you celeb! I did too after getting fat in college, but i got too skinny and lost my ass and looked disgusting, but now i'm healthy and I've maintained the same weight for like over 5 years now. its portion control and weight-lifting/gym visits for me.

Yeah Qwerty its sad and silly, the only person who I've known who's had gastric (my evil aunt) is like at death's door all the time now b/c her body is unable to absorb nutrients and she's in pain all the time too and uses injectible pain killers that she gets from mexico and is on disability. she went from reletively healthy and working able-bodied adult to an invalid (she wasn't that fat though either, she actually gained weight so that her insurance could cover her procedure )

Hit By Ban Bus!

At least she has a pretty face....

I think she's really pretty when she dresses appropriately for her body. That big satin leopard print mumu looks ridiculous.
    Fat women can be attractive, too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information