Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Carnie Wilson Sacked For Not Losing Weight

It's her genetic destiny to be a pachyderm
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I feel bad for her. I know it's lifestyle and people CAN lose weight and keep it off but it's harder than it seems. If you're stuck in the "fat girl" mindset you can gravitate towards either of the two extremes: starvation or binge mode.. IF you don't get mentally healthy too. Both are eating disorders, IMO. I think a lot of people rely on gastric bypass as a quick fix... it'll take a lot of weight off and you're under the impression that you can eat shit but it won't matter because your stomach is tiny. Not so apparently. And consider the fact that she was schilling some bullshit cheesecake diet... I'm pretty sure she still has a lot of psychological issues to work out in terms of her relationship towards food.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    If you're stuck in the "fat girl" mindset you can gravitate towards either of the two extremes: starvation or binge mode..
    and you know that's the problem too, you starve yourself for so long and then when you start eating again, everything you eat sticks to your poor bones, because you are in starvation mode. (we've all talked about this before)

if i was told i had a 'too small pancreas' or whatever the hell that means, or i had this huge ass hunger that couldn't be satieted, i'd at least try eat HEALTHY. no processed packaged foods, no white flour carby crap, just eat well. i really believe it's more what you eat than how much you eat. and if you are eating too much of the fattening foods then you are really gonna eff up your body.

I don't know her history, so, I'm going to guess here that she was always overweight due to not learning healthy eating habits, so she claims that it's natural and she's always been heavy. To me, that's BS. My aunt's kind of like that. She was heavy as a kid, then lost some weight, then gained it all back, and it's been that way since. They work hard and restrict themselves, and then when it's all done they don't know what to do and go back to their old diet habits.
    What does annoy me, though, is when they blame it on genetics. People actually having a bona fide genuine reason to be overweight or obese is uncommon. I don't at all buy her pancreas story, I think it's just a way for her to justify her weight, like when they say they've always been heavy.

EDIT: I hope that didn't come out as harsh, I didn't mean for it to.

ALL her organs are too small for such a huge body.

Why the HELL would she start a cheesecake business, that's like a drunk working in a bar, few could resist

^ because she's got self-destructive behaviours that she's not addressed?

You know, I get that it's not easy to diet. I've been trying for eons and yet have only just discovered that my "super-efficient" metabolism will only loose when I'm on 1200 calories. It's not easy, it involves planning and not eating processed food, or budgeting for them & having them occassionally. But you try to make healthy choices & it cones off little by little.
    I'd LOVE to have this Fresh Food delivery every day, it would make it so much easier so I could concentrate on other things (like life), but I've addressed my comfort eating & worked hard to break my bad habits too. Not impossible, but yeah, hard work!
    Maybe she doesn't value herself enough to make these changes to her lifestyle? It's a hard thing to learn, to value yourself especially if you've been told otherwise your whole life, so maybe she needs a good shrink not a dietician?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

She was on Wendy Williams today. Either her Spanx were on point or she lost a little weight recently.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ^ because she's got self-destructive behaviours that she's not addressed?

You know, I get that it's not easy to diet. I've been trying for eons and yet have only just discovered that my "super-efficient" metabolism will only loose when I'm on 1200 calories. It's not easy, it involves planning and not eating processed food, or budgeting for them & having them occassionally. But you try to make healthy choices & it cones off little by little.
    I'd LOVE to have this Fresh Food delivery every day, it would make it so much easier so I could concentrate on other things (like life), but I've addressed my comfort eating & worked hard to break my bad habits too. Not impossible, but yeah, hard work!Maybe she doesn't value herself enough to make these changes to her lifestyle? It's a hard thing to learn, to value yourself especially if you've been told otherwise your whole life, so maybe she needs a good shrink not a dietician?
    I would also love to have that! And while I get she probably has unresolved issues (who doesn't?), she also has many many other resources that 99% of us do not have. She got FREE Gastric Bypass, wasn't she on Celebrity Fit Club?, she has MONEY to pay for trainers/delivery services. I think that is what is most unsettling to me. Not saying she should be stick thin, and that many other factors don't come into play, but I just find it hard to feel super sorry for her. I dunno...
    I want that Fresh Delivery sooooo bad......

That Fresh Delivery service does sound good!

Celebrities definitely do have access to a lot of services to help them in their dietary efforts that everyday people don't have: personal trainers, chefs, nutritionists... If I had somebody on my ass everyday to exercise, and somebody else cooking me healthy food, I bet I could lose a lot of weight too! That is a definite advantage that the rich & famous have. I do also think that she has ALOT of unresolved issues with food, though, that are adding to her weight problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Alexander View Post
    Celebrities definitely do have access to a lot of services to help them in their dietary efforts that everyday people don't have: personal trainers, chefs, nutritionists...
    Not to mention the best cocaine money can buy.

If she wants to be fat, fine. Be fat.

But don't stuff yourself with cheese cake and then blame your pancreas!! That's just annoying.

I dint think that she does "want" to be fat... She's done a lot of things to try not to be. Living in LA, I can totally see that, even more than anywhere else, giving an "excuse" for being overweight is deemed more "acceptable". I find the body culture there both insane (where if you're more than a size 2 you're a non-person) and the "norm" of overweight Americans. I don't think it's a healthy environment for anyone with any body issues.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

That Fresh Diet does look good but ... dayum, it's around $1400.00 per month...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    She was on Wendy Williams today. Either her Spanx were on point or she lost a little weight recently.
    she looks pretty good here but maybe it is all smoke and mirrors:

The ladies of Wilson Phillips – Wendy Wilson, her sister Chynna and Carnie Wilson – strike a pretty pose while visiting The Wendy Williams Show Wednesday in New York, where they performed a song from their new holiday album, Christmas in Harmony.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information