Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australia's next Top Model winner: Alice Burdeu

^^

She is too skinny, to chicken faced, and I can not believe she is a model.

PhotoShop has opened modeling to everyone!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    She looks DEAD. But the fashion industry LOVE that.
    Sadly shes not any more alive when it comes to personality.
    Exactly. She has the perfect look for the catwalk and that's where she'll get the work. The judges said all along that she's not so suitable for advertising, photoshoots, etc.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Does anyone seriously find ribcages attractive? I wouldn't be surprised if most photos of skinny models were photoshopped to make their jutting bones disappear, leaving them w/ small but perfectly smooth bodies. Which will confuse girls who want to achieve that body shape but will end up w/ bones sticking out instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I think we take it as read that these girls have some kind of ED and so long as the fashion industry demands women like this to model clothes nothing's going to change.
    I'd like to share that "eating disorders" was not the first term that came to mind when reading that abbreviation!

She's quite thin and I'm unsure if it's natural.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by cherrychip View Post
    Does anyone seriously find ribcages attractive? I wouldn't be surprised if most photos of skinny models were photoshopped to make their jutting bones disappear, leaving them w/ small but perfectly smooth bodies. Which will confuse girls who want to achieve that body shape but will end up w/ bones sticking out instead.

I'd like to share that "eating disorders" was not the first term that came to mind when reading that abbreviation!
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised. Often when I see models in magazines and they look all smooth, I wonder where their ribcage even is, or their hipbones. If I was that small, my ribcage would jut out, but theirs don't. It would make sense that it was just photoshopped to appear that way.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I don't find her attractive at all and it has nothing to do with weight.

the runner up also got signed to Priscilla Model Management so im sure we will see her around ... In the final runway Steph H did look like a lost little girl who didnt belong whereas Alice looks awesome. Steph will definatly make a great commercial or photographic model whereas Alice will do well on runways and not so well in photos.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I want Steph to make it; it broke my cold heart when she was crying! Especially when they led her on all that time.

oh..so the aussie top models..are just as ugly as the american ones..hm..

Hit By Ban Bus!

why are runway models always ugly? i mean seriously.

Probably so the clothes stand out more than them.

Hit By Ban Bus!

good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrychip View Post

Kind of OT, but I have noticed there are certainly men who are fascinated with thin, fragile looking women. Since losing 30 pounds and getting back down to my runway size, the male attention I've received is astonishing. They tell me I need to gain "5 pounds" then go on and on about how tiny my waist, wrists are and beautiful and blah blah blah.... I think they like the youthful look, the sense of fraility, and the fact that in the rural country, girls just ain't thin unless they're methed out. It honestly creeps me out a bit. Maybe I just exude more confidence now b/c I feel more like my old self, but it is STRANGE. I have no tits or ass and yet guys are looking at me ( and hitting on me and GRABBING at me) like they haven't in over a year. It's soooo odd. I am not saying they would turn down your typical hot sorority girl (tan, short, bleached, big boobs, small ass), but I am the complete opposite! Everyone is telling me to gain weight, yet I'm getting all this attention (too much, actually getting me in trouble!). I'm really confused. I don't know what else to say or whether I conveyed my point without sounding bragadocious, it's just something I've noticed. Blah.... so tired of the weight game.

^Oh yes, there are men who love thin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information