Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Australian Idol 2004 winner Casey Donovan

  1. #16
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenseventeen View Post
    The only people who can judge are those who at within a healthy weight range themselves, work out many times a week and eat healthy food. Just because you're slim, doesn't mean your insides aren't being messed up just like hers.
    You are totally right! Thank you! Also, she obvs has major emotional problems, just as people who are very slim with eating disorders do.

  2. #17
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    poor girl....she's a wreck....the clothes are making it worse also- not flattering! But jeez i guess at this point it doesn't matter. she needs an intervention cause she's gonna kill herself

  3. #18
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    6,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    You are totally right! Thank you! Also, she obvs has major emotional problems, just as people who are very slim with eating disorders do.
    I disagree not everyone who is very slim has an eating disorder. I think you should be a little bit more careful with the generalisations. Think about fast metabolisms, cancer patients and other illnesses. Being skinny DOES NOT automatically equate to an eating disorder.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

  4. #19
    Elite Member Voodoo Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweet Down Under!
    Posts
    12,646

    Default

    I don't want to be rude here but this is a gossip site and we all sit around and judge, gossip & bitch. This isn't Sunday church group! It is only opinions and we are all entitled to them!

    ps. That wasn't directed at you Slueth. You just posted right before I did!

  5. #20
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    6,641

    Default

    ^^ lol that is perfectly fine. I also didn't intend to sound that uptight!! sorry y'all. anywhos i was only trying to state my opinion that there are many different reasons for being both too skinny and overweight. And not all of it is based upon eating disorders or overeating.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

  6. #21
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Shannon Noll has done OK (2nd to Guy Sebastian). Nothing stellar, but he seems to have the highest profile since AI. Casey Donovan wasn't the best singer in that comp anyway. I think she was picked as a 'protest vote' by people who don't want the stereotype skinny/pretty popstars and, surprise, it's backfired because the music industry does NOT employ fatties - sorry, but someone had to say it. And Casey had and clearly still has other issues too - the angst/goth/rebel from a highly dysfunctional family thing.
    Unfortunately for Casey, she didn't stand a chance against runner up Anthony Callea once Idol was finished. That man can sing - really sing! The fact this his rendition of 'The Prayer' from Idol immediately went to #1 following the show and remains - to this day - the highest-selling single and fastest-selling single in Australian music history made things all the tougher to compete on the charts. I still think Anthony Callea is the best singer from any of the Idol shows in any country and still can't believe he didn't win the damn thing.

    As for Casey's weight, it's sad to see that she's gone from bad to worse; however, for someone who was 16 at the time, I thought she handled it all very maturely and said 'this is me - accept me for who I am' and people obviously did.

  7. #22
    Elite Member Karistiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Alba
    Posts
    12,628

    Default

    Ooh she's quite large, she looks rather unhealthy with it. Poor thing, I'm a big girl too and it's proving soooo tough to lose weight :/
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

  8. #23
    Elite Member Voodoo Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweet Down Under!
    Posts
    12,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    ^^ lol that is perfectly fine. I also didn't intend to sound that uptight!! sorry y'all. anywhos i was only trying to state my opinion that there are many different reasons for being both too skinny and overweight. And not all of it is based upon eating disorders or overeating.
    Oh no! That wasn't intended for you hon!

  9. #24
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hrmmz i dont know how to comment on this one as i have a big friend and she is comfortable with her weight...and she knows my views on her wieght and that i am worried about her health but i guess if that how she wants to live her life...thats her choice...as so is casey Donovon's!
    "Be strong minded and always think that the impossible is possible."

  10. #25
    Silver Member Nerissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A better place...
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Unfortunately for Casey, she didn't stand a chance against runner up Anthony Callea once Idol was finished. That man can sing - really sing! The fact this his rendition of 'The Prayer' from Idol immediately went to #1 following the show and remains - to this day - the highest-selling single and fastest-selling single in Australian music history made things all the tougher to compete on the charts. I still think Anthony Callea is the best singer from any of the Idol shows in any country and still can't believe he didn't win the damn thing.

    As for Casey's weight, it's sad to see that she's gone from bad to worse; however, for someone who was 16 at the time, I thought she handled it all very maturely and said 'this is me - accept me for who I am' and people obviously did.
    About idol and singing... Don't forget who won World Idol few years back! Kelly Clarkson go to bed

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnievKw6pWc

  11. #26
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    I disagree not everyone who is very slim has an eating disorder. I think you should be a little bit more careful with the generalisations. Think about fast metabolisms, cancer patients and other illnesses. Being skinny DOES NOT automatically equate to an eating disorder.
    woah. looking back on my comments, couple months later, you are so right. It came out totally wrong! I think I meant that some overweight people are dealing with emotional problems. Some people may turn against food, and some may turn to food. I just wanted to show that eating disorders can go both ways, and I know of a few women who are older than me, maybe late 50s, who are not obese, but none the less turn to food for comfort. After I had a family tragedy at 13, I did so as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Idol
    By Eli in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 31st, 2006, 06:15 PM
  2. Laetita Casta - Guess Jeans - 2004
    By SVZ in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 4th, 2006, 09:08 AM
  3. Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix married
    By PurpleHaze in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: June 21st, 2006, 07:51 AM
  4. Ben's brother Casey Affleck getting married
    By moomies in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM
  5. Scarlett Johansson at 2004 BAFTA Awards
    By teforde23 in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 20th, 2006, 07:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •