Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anorexic Allegra Beck Versace relapses - hospitalized

^^ I think one of the reasons being skinny is fashionable in societies where everything exists in abundance, because it proves your self-control.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^yeah, you are probably right. You can't stand out by being a skeleton when everyone around you is one, too. I guess I'll never understand how someone who weighs 70 lbs. can stand in front of a mirror and think that they look fat. I totally agree that it is a mental thing. Not much different in some ways than the people who eat as much as possible and end up weighing 700 lbs.

Why is it that as our society supplies more and more of the physical requirements for living, it seems that mentally we are all getting sicker and sicker?

I believe its the human condition to struggle. If we aren't struggling to survive, we find something else to have troubles with.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I want to know why people always feel sorry for people with ED but yet drug addicts they don't. I mean, in my eyes and I don't mean to offend anyone, but they are both mentally addictive and both pure stupid to even start.
    Again, I mean to offend no one, maybe it's my ignornace because I have never had to deal with an ED.

I do feel sorry for drug addicts or obese people, too. Those are fatal diseases that are tragic.

Only in some cases, some addicts don't deserve your pitty, because they seem to enjoy it. Those are the once who flaunt it and celebrate it. If you join a Pro Ana forum on the net and wear a red wristband with pride (N. Richie), then you won't get any sympathy from me. If you smoke a crack pipe during an interview, because you think it's cool (Crack Pete), then I won't be understanding.

Those who fight however, have my admiration.

And some are simply beyond hope, which I'm afraid is the case with Allegra.
    Last edited by Chilly Willy; March 27th, 2007 at 09:49 AM.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^ Yeah, that's true but I was talking about society as a whole.
    People always seem to say, "Oh I hope they get better" when they are starving themselves but yet a druggie it's always, "I hope they OD."
    I just cannot understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedbeauty View Post
    ^ Yeah, that's true but I was talking about society as a whole.
    People always seem to say, "Oh I hope they get better" when they are starving themselves but yet a druggie it's always, "I hope they OD."
    I just cannot understand that.

Addicts steal, which tends to piss people off......

^ True, but normally that's only crack heads. I have never known a pot head or a coke head that has stolen anything to get high.

Drugs addiction is a social disease,and addicts do steal,they start with loose change and their granny,s pension,and move on to mugging ..oh,they steal and do traffiking,and worce.
    Ana,s end up hurting themselves and their families.
    Looking at the mirror means nothing,you still think your ass is big no matter what they tell you.
    You think people is jealous of you,and hate you cause you re thin AND pretty ,while they are fat and can never put on your zero sized clothes,you feel PROUD of your bones,believe me.
    Poor girl,she is long gone,no way she can be healthy again..

Damn that sucks. Wasn't she starting to look healthy for awhile? I was shocked at how pretty she was in a pic during that (probably brief) time she was closer to normal weight.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

I guess I have a degree of pity for anyone in the grip of an addiction, but it's mixed with a large amount of contempt that they could allow themselves to get into that situation in the first place. You don't suddenly wake up one morning as a fully fledged addict. It takes time, conscious effort (and often money) to get to that point and it's that process that I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I do feel sorry for drug addicts or obese people, too. Those are fatal diseases that are tragic.

Only in some cases, some addicts don't deserve your pitty, because they seem to enjoy it. Those are the once who flaunt it and celebrate it. If you join a Pro Ana forum on the net and wear a red wristband with pride (N. Richie), then you won't get any sympathy from me. If you smoke a crack pipe during an interview, because you think it's cool (Crack Pete), then I won't be understanding.

Those who fight however, have my admiration.

And some are simply beyond hope, which I'm afraid is the case with Allegra.
    Agree with Chilly although I am not really sure what is going on in Allegra's case.

She is a very beautiful girl when healthy, unfortunate these turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    Agree with Chilly although I am not really sure what is going on in Allegra's case.
    Me neither. She's just been very, very sick for a long period of time. Basically, ever since she found out that she was to inherit. And it only seems to get worse and worse (except for last summer).

I just can't believe that she is going to get better again. Poor kid.
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedbeauty View Post
    I want to know why people always feel sorry for people with ED but yet drug addicts they don't. I mean, in my eyes and I don't mean to offend anyone, but they are both mentally addictive and both pure stupid to even start.
    Again, I mean to offend no one, maybe it's my ignornace because I have never had to deal with an ED.

When I was in hospital I was in with Drug Addicts, People suffering from Bipolar and Schitzophrenics and you know the strange thing? we all started in the same place. My psych was saying how all of us more or less had a smiliar way of seeing the world, a smiliar upbrining. ED sufferes are actually a mix of all of the above according to most studies. I often find that I feel a little schitzophrenic or have multiple personalities. And to just emphasis the fact I am on anti psychotic medication ontop of the anti depressants.

Basically what I am trying to say is 99% of the time all these disorders are the same disorder with different symptoms. ITs thoes who purposfully go out to try to 'catch' the illness who are just begging to find something to struggle with. I look toward thoes girls who go out and do the whole thinspiration thing and want to have an ED. Its sad - if they knew what they wanted their bodies to go through they'd think twice.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information