Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valerie Bertinelli celebrates her upcoming 49th birthday by posing in a bikini

Default Valerie Bertinelli celebrates her upcoming 49th birthday by posing in a bikini

Valerie Bertinelli Back in Bikini for 49th Birthday! - Bodywatch, Valerie Bertinelli : People.com

Valerie Bertinelli Back in Bikini for 49th Birthday!
    By Elizabeth Leonard

Originally posted Wednesday March 25, 2009 01:45 PM EDT

The night before Valerie Bertinelli prepared to step out in public wearing a bikini – for the first time in nearly 30 years! – she found herself unable to sleep. As her mind raced with insecurity ("I thought, Am I really going to do this? Can I pull this off?" the actress admits), Bertinelli tried to summon up a pep talk, telling herself, "What am I so afraid of? Come on – it's just a bathing suit!"

And yet as any woman knows, those innocent-looking strips of Lycra can be a terrifying sight – especially for someone just shy of her 49th birthday (April 23), who only two years ago tipped the scales at 172 lbs. – more than 40 lbs. over her goal weight for her 5'4" frame. But after whittling herself down to 132 lbs. in about 9 months on Jenny Craig (for whom she serves as a company spokeswoman), Bertinelli, who had last worn a bikini when she was 20, was ready for a new challenge.

"I thought, If I'm so afraid of a bikini, there’s something wrong. And so I had to get back into one!," Bertinelli says in the new PEOPLE, available on newsstands Friday.

And so – after about a year of exercising on her own while losing weight, primarily by walking 10,000 steps a day – she hired a personal trainer in December. Before long she was running up to five times a week. During what she calls the bikini "homestretch" – the last three weeks – she trimmed her daily caloric intake from 1,700 to around 1,200, and gave up her regular "splurge" glass of champagne. "It was crunch time," she says, "like getting ready for your class reunion!"

The result? Bertinell says she is now in the best shape of her life. "I never, ever, ever had deltoids!” she says. "Oh my God, when I'm doing exercises and I see them pop out, I'm like, Yes!"

That photo looks wonky.

Valerie BertandErnie
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

She looks good. Real good.

Good for her.
    Her hard work paid off.

WOW, she looks great!
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Nice work Val!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I love her. She looks great.

I'm convinced that those legs are photoshopped thinner.

Terrible photoshop job...Valerie still looks great!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Elite Member

She looks great. Good for her!

and somewhere Kirstie Alley dies a little more inside

Yawn.

Posing in bikinis on magazine covers: the old black.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    and somewhere Kirstie Alley dies a little more inside
    Yep, as she sits in front of her tv, slurping milkshakes and eating cheeseburgers while watching her Oprah bikini show, over and over.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Good for her,but her face looks weird in these pics.

Valerie Bertinelli had already shed some pounds after nine months on the Jenny Craig diet – she is a company spokeswoman, after all – when the 48-year-old former One Day at a Time star decided last December to step up her game. Her goal? To slim down and trim up enough to slip into a bikini for the first time in nearly 20 years.

The results – on display in the new PEOPLE, on sale Friday – are nothing short of spectacular. "I can't believe I did it," says Bertinelli. Here's how:

Bertinelli's 60-minute bikini workout routine, done four to five times a week, included two fitness components.

Cardio: Overall, she ran on a treadmill for 30-45 minutes. But some days she broke up the time into 5-minute segments, starting with a 5-minute warm-up run followed by strength exercises, before getting back on the treadmill for another 5 minutes.

Strength training: Bertinelli used resistance bands along with weights to perform a series of alternating combinations of up to 25 triceps dips, 20 push-ups, up to 30 squats, step-ups and over 100 sit-ups total.

Valerie Bertinelli's Back-to-Bikini Workout - Bodywatch, Valerie Bertinelli : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information