Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Claire Sweeney piled on 2 stone-on purpose!

Default How Claire Sweeney piled on 2 stone-on purpose!

How Claire Sweeney piled on two stone ... on purpose | Mail Online

How Claire Sweeney piled on two stone ... on purpose

By Paul Revoir
    Last updated at 1:02 AM on 27th December 2008

She's often spoken about her struggle to maintain a slender figure.

But now Claire Sweeney has willingly put on two stones - in only six weeks.

The 37-year- old actress deliberately gorged herself for a TV documentary to show how easy it is to become obese.

She goes from 9st 12lb at the beginning of the process to 11st 10lb at the end, and sees her bra size swell from a C cup to a G cup.

Claire Sweeney's weight went from 9st 12lb when she started filming the documentary My Big Fat Diet to 11st 10lb
    In Claire Sweeney: My Big Fat Diet, to be shown on ITV January 6, the former Brookside star travels to America where she is told she should be a UK size six to make it in Hollywood.

The documentary sees her try to gain as much weight as possible in an attempt to show the 'personal and social consequences of being overweight'.

And for Miss Sweeney, it is an experience that will bring back unpleasant memories.

Her weight ballooned after she appeared in the West End musical Chicago in 2001.

She said: 'I went to my favourite restaurant in Soho every night and had Thai chicken, fat chips, eggs benedict, Jack Daniel's and wine. And I loved Pizza Express - I was just eating everything and dancing it off during the performances.

'I got so fat, gossips thought I was pregnant.'

She became conscious of her figure after appearing on Celebrity Big Brother, also in 2001, and went on the low carbohydrate Atkins diet, but collapsed after four weeks.

Claire admits her weight ballooned in 2001 after she appeared in the West End musical Chicago

She said: 'My temperature soared and I couldn't stop shaking. I was diagnosed with a kidney infection.'

After that she vowed she would never follow such a diet again.

For the documentary Miss Sweeney, who is currently playing Snow White's evil stepmother in panto, was advised by a doctor and her health was regularly monitored.

The programme is one of three diet shows on ITV in the New Year. One will feature celebrities and experts explaining how best to diet.

The third, The Biggest Loser, sees people competing to shed the most weight.
    Apart from her pot belly and slightly rounder face I don't think she looks THAT bad, really.

And uh, why are you following this 'diet' again if you vowed never to do it again for health reasons. Ugh.

Gold Member

How does that translate to US weights? When I gain weight, that's the exact way it piles on to my body. Face, boobs and belly. It's so much easier to put it on than take it off, lol.

She doesn't look horrible and I wouldn't think anything of her weight to just see her walking around. Seeing her with the before and after shot makes a big deal of it.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

1 stone = 14 pounds. She gained 28 pounds...

Elite Member

She looks pregnant. The weight she gained went right to her belly and boobs.

Ya rrrrright. Now people are using documentaries as reason for pigging out and putting on the pounds?

Really, how stupid are people getting, what exactly is the point in doing something so unhealthy and so pointless.

Um, how is 28 pounds overweight obese? I thought obesity was 100+ pounds overweight. She has a long way to go to look obese, IMO.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

She doesn't look like she has gained 2 stone, her tum is abit big hardly obese

Gold Member

Pippin, I've been falling into the obese category for years at 5'4" and the most I've ever weighed was 181 pounds, not including pregnancy of course.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wanted to know what the range is for my height and found this, Recommended Body Weights for Women and Men. I guess this is the type of thing that set it all off.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

From the front it looks okay, but the side angle.... you can really tell.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

"The 37-year- old actress deliberately gorged herself for a TV documentary to show how easy it is to become obese."

AMAZING! Someone has finally proven a direct link between gorging and becoming obese! And that fat people are treated differently!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wanted to know what the range is for my height and found this, Recommended Body Weights for Women and Men. I guess this is the type of thing that set it all off.

err, my height isn't on there. I guess girls aren't supposed to be over 5'10"

She must be tall - I would have estimated her weight gain at no more than a stone. If she sucked in her gut, she could probably get away with wearing that bikini on the beach.

Her boobs don't look that different and I swear most of that is bad posture in second picture

Her face looks better after her weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    She must be tall - I would have estimated her weight gain at no more than a stone. If she sucked in her gut, she could probably get away with wearing that bikini on the beach.
    She's 5'8". I'm sad, I googled it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information