Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carnie Wilson: "I lost 50 pounds!"

Default Carnie Wilson: "I lost 50 pounds!"

OK! Exclusive: Carnie Wilson: "I Lost 50 Pounds!"

(Caroline Greyshock)

She did it! After starting a diet and exercise program in the spring, Carnie Wilson has taken off nearly 50 pounds, with OK! documenting every step of the way. When we first visited Carnie in March, she admitted that she had "hit rock bottom" with her weight and ballooned to 208 pounds.

After gastric bypass surgery in 1999, she went from 300 pounds to 146. Sadly, Carnie slipped back into bad habits through the years. But now, after following a sensible regimen, she's at a healthy 160 and is determined to keep the weight off – even as she tries to have a second child with husband Rob Bonfiglio to join their daughter, Lola, 3.

OK!: Congratulations on reaching your goal. How does it feel?

It feels spectacular! I'm so proud. I was determined to get my body to a healthy weight to prepare for the rest of my life and also for a baby. When I put my mind to something, I can do it. Some days I'll wake up and be like, "I'm not there yet" and there will be a little voice that says, "But you've come so far." If I get caught up in self-loathing, I stop it quickly and look on the bright side.

OK!: Do you feel super confident now?

I have a bounce in my walk. It's not that I feel sexier; I just feel more proud. I think when you feel proud about something you do, you radiate that positive energy and that is sexy. That is confidence.

OK!: Do you have any cheat foods?

I bake cheesecake for other people and taste it and spit it out. Every six or seven weeks, I have a tiny bit of dark chocolate and I actually will say, "You can swallow this. You deserve to taste something that you love." My saviors are baby carrots, hummus, natural peanut butter, baked yams and almond butter sweetened with agave."

OK!: What's going on in your career?

I have a book coming out next year and a clothing line for women of size – really fashionable and affordable. Wilson Phillips is touring; we're trying to work on a reunion album for our 20-year reunion in 2010. I'm thrilled!

When OK! first shot Carnie back in March, she was frustrated she had "rock bottom," tipping the scale at 208 pounds.

After implementing a new diet and exercise regime, Carnie was down to 193 pounds in this picture, taken in May. "My natural way of dealing with anxiety is food," she says. "I've changed my attitude."

By August, Carnie had reached 168 pounds. "My saviors are baby carrots, hummus, natural peanut butter, baked yams and almond butter sweetened with agave," she says of the foods that keep her from temptation.

"It feels spectacular! I'm so proud," she says of reaching 160 pounds. "I was determined to get my body to a healthy weight to prepare for the rest of my life and also for a baby."

"When I put my mind to something, I can do it. Some days I'll wake up and be like, 'I'm not there yet' and there will be a little voice that says, 'But you've come so far. ' "

"If I get caught up in self-loathing, I stop it quickly and look on the bright side," says the ever-positive Carnie.

Up next for Carnie? "I have a book coming out next year and a clothing line for women of size – really fashionable and affordable," she reveals. "Wilson Phillips is touring; we're trying to work on a reunion album for our 20-year reunion in 2010. I'm thrilled!"

"I have a bounce in my walk," she confesses. "It's not that I feel sexier; I just feel more proud. I think when you feel proud about something you do, you radiate that positive energy and that is sexy. That is confidence."

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - OK! Exclusive: Carnie Wilson: "I Lost 50 Pounds!"
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

And by next march, carnie wilson gains it all back! And then some! And by the end of the year, carnie wilson, i lost 60 pounds. Repeat the cycle.

She looks good. Does she remind anyone else of a heavier Ashley Judd?

Sad thing is that she will probably get pregnant and pack on another 100 lbs. Then it will start all over again. She's got a eating disorder, hope she is seeking help with a professional for her mind and body.

Bless her heart, this woman truly struggles.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

A*O

Yeah - she's always struggled with her weight. Her Dad has the same problem. I think she looks good in these pics, overweight by Hollywood standards and those dumb charts the diet companies make up, but healthy. Last time she lost a ton of weight with gastric band surgery and piled it all back on again. She's also much more attractive as a brunette - that top pic is horrendous. And the bottom black dress is very flattering. Isn't the short, asymetrical black dress supposed to be The Dress That Suits Everyone? The blue dress doesn't do anything for her at all.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^ I agree, the blonde was bad.

She looks gorgeous here:

Wonder how tall she is?

she looks nice. she looked really horrid when she was in Wilson Phillips, she was a big girl.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    She looks good. Does she remind anyone else of a heavier Ashley Judd?

Sad thing is that she will probably get pregnant and pack on another 100 lbs. Then it will start all over again. She's got a eating disorder, hope she is seeking help with a professional for her mind and body.
    I've always thought she resembled Ashley Judd. Even during her Wilson Phillips days, I thought she was quite pretty.
    Rock the fuck on!

She looks happy and healthy and thats what truly matters!

She does look far better as a brunette, I agree!!

Elite Member

She looks great. I never realized how pretty she is. The darker hair suits her.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ I agree, the blonde was bad.

She looks gorgeous here:

Wonder how tall she is?
    Shortish: 5'3".
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

She is a really pretty lady, and some of her latest pics are gorgeous. What's up with those nails though?

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Shortish: 5'3".
    Ah, so she looks quite slender for 160 (at that height anyway).

Gotta be some photoshopping there, but she still looks nice.

Looks around 135 here.

What she do take a duce?
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

I really like her this weight. She shouldn't try to go any skinnier ever. This looks right.

And poor dear is always going to have an uphill battle with this
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information