Thread: Sophia Bush: 'Even skinny girls have cellulite'

Default Sophia Bush: 'Even skinny girls have cellulite'

Body image means a lot to Sophia Bush, who is careful about what she sees and projects.

"It's weird: In our business, I'm a size 2 and considered curvy," the One Tree Hill actress, 26, tells Health magazine for its October issue, on sale Tuesday. "It's important to remind young women, 'Listen, even skinny girls have cellulite, even Halle Berry has cellulite, and what you see in photos isn't totally real.' "

Staying fit, she says, is "the reason I'm not a smoker or a big drinker, and it's why I'm getting more active. For me, fitness isn't about wanting to be rated with Jessica Alba on the 'Hot 100' list. I want to be able to hike the mountains of California with my grandkids."

And yet, it was not always this way. "You can look up old episodes of my show and see when I was being far too friendly with the craft-services table. Because I'm 5'4" and athletically built, if I gain five pounds it looks like a lot."

In the same vein, "I'm not a waify girl and never will be," she says. "I think it's healthy when fitness experts encourage fitness rather than getting a certain body shape. And I'm Italian I love food. I'm not going to cut out bread and pasta and wine to be thinner."

Sophia Bush: 'Even Skinny Girls Have Cellulite' - Health, Bodywatch, Sophia Bush : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Duh... cellulite has nothing to do with how much you weigh. I wish people would research stuff before they spout off. I also wish that cellulite was not considered the plague. Most of us have it - deal with it and move on.

Skinny girls who don't exercise maybe.

Build up some muscle and maybe you can afford to lower your bodyfat enough to get rid of that shit without looking like a concentration camp victim.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Skinny girls who don't exercise maybe.

Build up some muscle and maybe you can afford to lower your bodyfat enough to get rid of that shit without looking like a concentration camp victim.
    Nope, cellulite is mostly genetic, and even working out won't totally banish it if you are destined to have it. People shouldn't be so scared of it...it is not a death sentence. I think Sophia Bush has sounded so damn sane, down-to-earth, and respectable in every interview I've seen. Good actress too. And I LOVEEEEEEE her quote about wanting to be healthy to hike with grandkids. Everyone would probably be happier with a bit of cellulite and more energy. It's a more than fair trade off, I think.

I guess it was just my imagination and wishing real hard upon a star that got rid of it when I lowered my bodyfat.

Or maybe I was seeing things that weren't there beforehand.

But you're right that "working out" won't get rid of it. Not in and of itself, anyway.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

You know I keep hearing it's about the genes, but my mother doesn't have any, my father doesn't have any, nor do my brothers. Both my grandmothers only got it when they were well into their 50's. I'm 27 and I have it, and I'm within my healthy weight range. I train muay thai 4 times a week and although it has gone down, I still see it there. So whose effed up genes did I inherit???
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I thought she was 5'6''/5'7''...
    I love Sophia, she's a good actress in my opinion and seems like a great girl.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

I agree with what she is saying. I'm 5'4" too and if I gain 5 pounds I look chunky.

I absolutely love her so I am biased.
    Fabulous!

Thread Information