Thread: Does website "The Skinny" photoshop pics?

Default Does website "The Skinny" photoshop pics?

They claim not to, but I'm not so sure. Here is an example in which they claim that the blurriness of Anne Hathaway's arms is due to having to resize the pic, not because of Photoshop (click on the link to see the PS looking pic; if I post the pic itself, oddly enough, it looks normal:

http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/page/3/

And here is almost the same pic someone posted on another thread here:

What do you all think?

I think the arms look the same in both pics

She indeed looks thinner IMO.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I think there is some doctoring going on. But I dont know if its on that site, or from wherever she's getting the photos.

Those Anne photos definitely had the contrast messed with to make her appear thinner. You can tell by the way the light hits her shoulders. Its unnatural. Look at those ellipse-like marks on her shoulders, how light the movie poster looks, and how the metallic parts of her dress appear almost white. The contrast was pulled way out.

you see her bones better on the skinny website, but she does look thin on that photo too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I think there is some doctoring going on. But I dont know if its on that site, or from wherever she's getting the photos.

Those Anne photos definitely had the contrast messed with to make her appear thinner. You can tell by the way the light hits her shoulders. Its unnatural. Look at those ellipse-like marks on her shoulders, how light the movie poster looks, and how the metallic parts of her dress appear almost white. The contrast was pulled way out.
    They claim on the site that the distortion is due to having to resize the pics, but I don't get why only her arms look distorted, and not anything else in the picture...

I donīt think resizing distorts photos like that, at least I've never seen anything like that before.

i've never seen that site before, but looking through the photos, i def think they are doctored. alot of them have that blurriness, usually around the arms or legs or areas being pointed out.

kristen johnson's thigh in the first pic of her under the scary skinny section looks seriously messed with.
    Last edited by JerriBlank; June 20th, 2008 at 12:37 AM.

I had never heard of that site until I read this thread. Anyway, I read through page after page of that site and I feel it's absolutely disgusting. Yes, I read the disclaimers, the FAQs and all that jazz, but you can't tell me that the owner of that site doesn't have an unhealthy obsession with weight. It's clearly transferred into the posts she makes. I almost felt sorry for all the people commenting - it was also so mindless.

I wouldn't be surprised if she does photoshop the pictures.
    ssabmud

Lol!! It IS because of resizing. I can speak from experience. The web does NOT do a good job resizing images for you, those 'bumps' you see on her arm are a very common problem as far as that goes. Here, why don't you try this: right-click an image, click properties, and then copy the Address (URL) in the box that comes up. Paste it into your web browser and it should open up just the image at it's maximum size... whaaa?? there are no bumps! Sorry, no conspiracy theory here.

As far as those images being darker than the one you posted, it can simply be due to different exposures. Your image looks slightly washed out to me, so the exposure setting on the camera was too high in my opinion.

I'm just going to try to post one here, if they don't show up sorry, but as you can see there are no bumps at full size...

http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/200...tos/#more-9146

Thread Information