Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christinia Ricci thinks she's too fat; her deflated funbags beg to differ

Thumbs down Christinia Ricci thinks she's too fat; her deflated funbags beg to differ

Christina Ricci believes she is too fat to be a Hollywood actress.

(BANG) -

Christina Ricci is paranoid she is too fat to be a Hollywood actress.

The 'Speed Racer' star - who has previously been treated for anorexia - thinks she would be dismissed as overweight if she was starting out in the film industry today.

Ricci - who shot to fame after appearing in the film 'Mermaids' aged just nine - said: "Seriously, if I was just starting out in this business, I'd probably have to lose 20lbs.

"As a teenager, my favourite rejection was, 'She looks too healthy', which of course translates as, 'She needs to lose weight.' But I never had any illusions. I knew I would never be cast as the pretty girl. I went through an awkward adolescence and had braces."

The 28-year-old actress believes she now gets better roles because she is not as conventionally beautiful as some of her rivals.

She added to Britain's Independent newspaper: "This business is all about appearances, which leaves a lot of the more interesting roles to actresses like me."

Christina Ricci's weight worries : Bang : CelebEdge : Sympatico / MSN
    Oh honey.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I loved her so much in 'The opposite of Sex'..before Hollywood got it's teeth into her and ruined her mind. Fucking Hollywood. It was predicted that Hollywood would ruin her and make her lose weight..and of course she ended up anorexic. She does make some good points though.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

"She looks too healthy."
    God forbid a person does not look like a skeleton. It's sad that she was anorexic, I hope she doesn't relapse. Does anyone think that comments like the one above is the real reason she got a breast reduction. I know they were large and were probably giving her back problem, but now I wonder if it was due to her body image problems.

Oh dear

I think she's gorgeous.

I get it. I've always loved her. I find her beautiful and intriguing.

I think she's a great actress.

"This business is all about appearances, which leaves a lot of the more interesting roles to actresses like me."

I thought she appeared a lot more interesting when she was younger and plumper.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Eli

Look honestly she should have just made 'The Wednesday Chronicles' and stuck with that. Lots of psychotic obsessive fans of her in that role. Me being one of them.
    I like her but I don't like the roles she chooses now. Like Black Moaning Woman, whatever it was called. And she suits the dark look, not the blonde bimbo look. Truthfully, she's not pretty enough to pull off a genuine smile. She annoys me when she smiles, because it looks so phony. I think she should latch on to Tim Burton, or if not him, go for Spielberg. I'd like to see her in that When Worlds Collide movie this year. Not everyone in his movies has to have brown hair.

Anyway, love her. But I could tell in Grey's Anatomy that she was too skinny for her own good. She suits plump, well not plump, healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Look honestly she should have just made 'The Wednesday Chronicles' and stuck with that. Lots of psychotic obsessive fans of her in that role. Me being one of them.
    I like her but I don't like the roles she chooses now. Like Black Moaning Woman, whatever it was called. And she suits the dark look, not the blonde bimbo look. Truthfully, she's not pretty enough to pull off a genuine smile. She annoys me when she smiles, because it looks so phony. I think she should latch on to Tim Burton, or if not him, go for Spielberg. I'd like to see her in that When Worlds Collide movie this year. Not everyone in his movies has to have brown hair.

Anyway, love her. But I could tell in Grey's Anatomy that she was too skinny for her own good. She suits plump, well not plump, healthy.
    Oh I've got to disagree with you on this one Allie. She was fantastic in Black Snake Moan and she didn't play a bimbo, the role was much deeper than that. That movie really showed off her acting abilities. Great film, IMO.

And fat? Puh-lease! Her body is amazing. She needs to stop the fat talk/obsession.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

She looks perfect the way that she is...no she isn't cookie cutter beautiful but I think that is what makes her MORE beautiful!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I love her body. I hope she doesn't get all sickly thin. Snap out of it, Christina.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ugh,

Elite Member

I don't get it. Isn't she bobblehead thin right now? She doesn't have 20 lbs to lose. If she had said this a couple years ago I would be sympathetic, but I just dont think she can play this card right now. Cause this is my reaction instead
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ hi fatguy!!! i miss u!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information