Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Kidman bulks up on the Bridget Jones diet

Default Nicole Kidman bulks up on the Bridget Jones diet

She is renowned as one of the most svelte actresses in Hollywood, but all of a sudden Nicole Kidman is piling on the pounds.

And like Renee Zellweger before her, it's all for her art.

Just as Renee had to bulk up to play Bridget Jones, so Nicole has already put on 10lb for her latest film, The Reader.
    Scroll down for more ...
    Bigger star: Nicole's fuller figure

And the 40-year-old Australian actress is planning to double her weight gain in the coming weeks, according to sources on the movie, in which she stars alongside Ralph Fiennes.
    Profile: Nicole's looking swell

"Nicole has said this is one of the most challenging film roles of her career," a close friend said.

"She is naturally very slim and loves to run and swim so she is always very toned.

"The part she plays demands that she gets fatter throughout the movie as her character slips into middle age.

"It's a very demanding role because there are a lot of explicit lovemaking scenes.

"The film is set over several decades so her character changes a lot.

"Nicole was originally planning to use prosthetics but was told by the director, Stephen Daldry, that it would be more realistic if she gained the weight."

The star plays Hanna Schmitz in the adaptation of the bestselling German novel The Reader, which deals with the emotional repercussions of the Holocaust-in post-war Germany.

It tells the story of Michael Berg, a 15-yearold boy who has a passionate affair with older woman Hanna in 1958.

But Hanna disappears suddenly and Michael sees her again only years later when she is on trial for a war crime after it is revealed she was an SS camp guard.

Nicole's calorie-rich diet includes drinking daily protein shakes and ensuring carbohydrates are in every meal.

"She has been eating about four meals a day," said the friend. It's not usual to see her work her way through a big plate of pasta, with bread, and then a dessert.

She's having to gorge herself. She has quite enjoyed gaining the first 10lb and has been having lots of her favourite puddings as well as chocolate.
    The Jones diet: Renee Zellwegger as Bridget

"Nicole loves her new bosom, but she is finding eating so much makes her lethargic and sleepy.

"She's usually running on adrenaline and has to be reminded to eat a meal. Now she's eating four, and sometimes five small meals a day."

The recent weight gain led to speculation that the actress was expecting her first baby.

The Oscar-winner was snapped this month in a tightfitting white dress in New York sporting what looked like a baby bulge and a bigger cleavage.

"Nicole usually has a flat stomach so when she was pictured looking more curvy, everyone thought she was pregnant," said the source. "In fact, she has been putting on weight and has had to buy bigger clothes."

The actress follows in the steps of Zellweger, who piled on 30lb to play Bridget Jones in two movies by eating a diet of pizza, peanut-butter sandwiches and fast food and drinking Guinness.
    She ballooned from a dress size six to 14 before dieting back to her normal weight.

Nicole bulks up on the Bridget Jones diet | the Daily Mail

Nicole Kidman is ridiculously thin and in need of a few pounds, but actually, this . . .

does look like a baby bump. The weight is so concentrated in just the tummy area.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

All she had to do was eat for a change.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

A*O

Top Pic - you can almost SEE the breast implants. And yes, she looks preggo in that white dress. Or her posture is bad. Or both.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Top Pic - you can almost SEE the breast implants. And yes, she looks preggo in that white dress. Or her posture is bad. Or both.
    My tummy looks JUST like that if I slack off on my pilates. Of course, I've had two children, but she is ten years older than me, so her muscles are relaxing anyways. I strongly doubt that is a pregnancy bump.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

The weight went straight to her tummy - I'm like that too! You can see the weight gain in her arms too.

i'm not sure i see her in the role of hannah... stephen daldry's good but even he can't do anything about nicole's death mask of a face.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She looks like an ugly botoxed ghost to me

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post

I think it's just fat, only because she had boobs back in the 90's during Days of Thunder. But I do agree they have that look with how they are pushed and the shape of her belly.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I don't see implants. The breasts look like the dress/bra has some serious uplifting action in grabbing the pecs.

I am very aware of her chin - looks implantish to me.

She looks like she never does any exercise on her core and like she is one of those people who piles on pounds in the belly first.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I don't see implants. The breasts look like the dress/bra has some serious uplifting action in grabbing the pecs.

I am very aware of her chin - looks implantish to me.

She looks like she never does any exercise on her core and like she is one of those people who piles on pounds in the belly first.
    It just looks like she's finally eating.....I still can't believe how Renee Zellweger can control her weight so drastically...surely that can't be healthy to drastically go from one extreme to another? It can't be good for her organs

The PS must have been worse than I thought because the new weight is NOT giving her that healthy glow. It just makes her look... weird. I remember when she was a lovely woman...
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Dont most women have a stomach like that?

What the hell is going on with her left boob in the first picture? Yikes.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

good she needs to gain weight! btw i think her arms look a lot bigger too; usually they're toothpicks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information