Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother's fears for 'super-skinny' Amy Winehouse

Default Mother's fears for 'super-skinny' Amy Winehouse

Mother's fears for 'super-skinny' Amy

Thinner: Amy's mother has voiced her fears for daughter Amy over her super-skinny appearance

Amy Winehouse's mother has revealed her concerns over her daughter's weight loss.

Janis Winehouse says she is terrified that the Rehab singer will waste away to nothing. She said: "Amy's always been slim but has never been this skinny before."

But her daughter appears to be preoccupied with other things - in a sign of newlywed affection, Winehouse was recently spotted with a bruise on her neck which looked suspiciously like a love bite.
    Winehouse’s husband Blake Fielder-Civil was certainly in a protective mood during the star's recent performance in London.

He shielded his 23-year old bride and wouldn't let anyone near her as she left her gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire.

Indeed, Blake hasn't left her side since they got hitched in Miami 11 days ago, and he was in the front row last night showing off his Amy tattoo behind his ear.

Winehouse was back to her best as she took to the stage in front of a celeb-packed crowd, writes Andre Paine. Sir Elton John and hubby David Furnish were at the gig, as was David Schwimmer and Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts.

"Thank you for giving me another chance, I'm grateful," Amy Winehouse told the fans who were supposed to have seen her in Shepherds Bush back in March.

"I broke my tooth, it's not pretty, but at least I can just about sing," she said with a gappy smile. Scroll down for more
    Onlookers spotted a bruise on Winehouse neck, which appeared to be a love bite from her new husband

Amy with protective husband Blake Fielder-Civil who kept fans and media at bay after her gig in London

That was her explanation for pulling the original show at the last minute, which meant that people were turned away on the night. A second postponed date will happen tonight.

But while Winehouse lost an incisor (in an incident that might possibly have involved alcohol), in the weeks since her mishap she has gained a top 10 album in the US, an Ivor Novello award for Rehab - and a husband.

"I don't know if you heard, but I just got married to the best man in the entire world," she said, glancing dreamily at Blake Fielder-Civil, who she wed in Miami 11 days ago.

Then she turned to her father in the audience, and added: "My dad's going to kick my head in - he's still got to pay for the proper wedding."

This recent romantic drama resulted in an extraordinary performance, because Winehouse spent part of the first half blowing kisses to her husband in the balcony and mouthing "I love you" during Just Friends.
    Object of affection: Amy mouthed 'I love you' and blew kisses to husband Blake Fielder-Civil during her hour long set

For a young woman whose best songs deal in heartbreak, this was a bizarrely public display of affection. But at least it was less erratic than some of her gigs, which have been marred by alcohol.
    Winehouse was drinking last night, and although she didn't make any sense when explaining her songs, she was generally on good form and obviously deliriously happy.
    Her band, including a brass section and two lively male backing singers, provided a sumptuous backdrop to Winehouse's expressive voice. Yet this show didn't always sparkle, partly because she was so distracted.
    Biggest fans: Sir Elton John and partner David Furnish enjoy the show

At times, Winehouse was also unwilling to fully embrace the emotion in her own songs. In front of a home crowd familiar with the material, that didn't matter too much. US audiences, however, may be more demanding.
    Her sprawling Back To Black undoubtedly had soul, though, and it set the tone for a storming second half, which also included the classic R&B of Tears Dry On Their Own and the powerful Love Is A Losing Game.
    By the encore, there was a party atmosphere in place after a crowd-pleasing Rehab and the unapologetic You Know I'm No Good. An hour was frustratingly short but, nevertheless, this was Amy Winehouse back to her best. Marriage definitely suits her.

Love bitten Amy wears heart on her neck | the Daily Mail

She is really ugly. I can't even be sarcastic to her.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

^^ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Man, I wish I could see Amy Winehouse live!! Hope she comes to Atlanta soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Man, I wish I could see Amy Winehouse live!! Hope she comes to Atlanta soon.
    ... and you're right!! But I cannot help that!!!!
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

wow she is looking rough for only 23!!

Her square face doesn't match with her tiny body.

By the way, she looks like Janice (Friends) to me.
    I beat anorexia.

Hit By Ban Bus!

And I fear super-skinny Amy Winehouse! *hides under desk*

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    Her square face doesn't match with her tiny body.
    ^I completely agree that her face doesn't match her body...it looks awkward and mismatched to me...

Personally, I think she looks like a tranny...BUT she's a very talented singer.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

She is one of the best singers to come along in a while -- there's nothing manufactured about her.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    She is one of the best singers to come along in a while -- there's nothing manufactured about her.
    Yes, she's fantastic! That's why I just can't call her "ugly", there's so much more to her than her looks.
    I think her style suits her music. It would look weird if she was all cookie-cutter pop star up there belting out those tunes!

I won't say anything bad about her either, because I like her music a lot. However, her husband reminds me of Doherty and that is not a good sign, take care of yourself, Amy.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    wow she is looking rough for only 23!!

SAY WHAT????????20 freaking 3.You have to be joking????
    I thought she was at least 33!Like,seriously.WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post

By the way, she looks like Janice (Friends) to me.
    Absolutely!

"Oh my GOD!"
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

She looks like a real junkie. She looked better before she went "off the rails".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information