Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordin Sparks called obese by anti-obesity activist!

Default Jordin Sparks called obese by anti-obesity activist!

MeMe Roth, of the National Action Against Obesity, says Jordin Sparks is obese and a bad influence for America's youth:

Best Week Ever Blog Archive The Sourest Skinny B*tch To Ever Be on Fox News Calls Jordin Sparks Obese, Passes Out From Hunger

The folks at Best Week Ever were quick to defend Jordin, saying she is pretty, and far from fat.

Elite Member

i saw this interview. firstly, jordan is not obese. maybe she's slightly overweight, but she's like 6 feet tall. second, id rather have jordan sparks as a mentor than nicole richie. did they forget that all these skinny starlets suffer and cause eating disorders. wtf. and thirdly, even if shes overweight that doesnt mean she eats junk 24/7. maybe she eats normally and in moderation but her metabolism is slower, or she eats a little extra sweets. its not like she stuffs her face with doughnuts all day. she is far from obese. so is queen latifah a bad role model? ok, ill make nicole and lindsay my role models and get some coke and we'll be all good.

I wanna slap that skinny bitch so hard that she coughs up the mentos she ate for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post
    I wanna slap that skinny bitch so hard that she coughs up the mentos she ate for lunch.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    i saw this interview. firstly, jordan is not obese. maybe she's slightly overweight, but she's like 6 feet tall. second, id rather have jordan sparks as a mentor than nicole richie. did they forget that all these skinny starlets suffer and cause eating disorders. wtf. and thirdly, even if shes overweight that doesnt mean she eats junk 24/7. maybe she eats normally and in moderation but her metabolism is slower, or she eats a little extra sweets. its not like she stuffs her face with doughnuts all day. she is far from obese. so is queen latifah a bad role model? ok, ill make nicole and lindsay my role models and get some coke and we'll be all good.

^^^
    High Five! ITA

I think the woman is insane. Jordan looks fine. Her weight suits her body type, plus she's tall, and tall people can carry more weight.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post
    This belongs in the best quotes section

Jordin is such a pretty girl-I hope such criticisms don't get to her.

And yeah, she's far from thin, but like others said, she's a big girl overall-height and bones. She's a bit overweight, but far from obese.

Jordin, to quote Paula is fricken gorgeous! She is not fat. Obviously she's not skinny, but she's tall, an overall big girl, in proportion and damnit, she looks good and is probably a damn sight healthier than half the twigs out there with bleached hair tottering about in high heels.

This lady proves what an idiot she is when she says that when she looks at Jordin she does not see healthy, she sees high blood pressure/cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes. I don't even watch AI so I had to watch that video closely a few times. For the life of me, unless I am missing something I don't see what the fuck this lady is talking about.

She appears a big girl stature wise (I can tell she's tall). Compared to someone who is an ectomorph and extremely lean, with little to no excess bodyfat whatsoever (where they might even stand to need more) I suppose she could be called plump. But I bet if you tested her bodyfat it would fall within the normal range. And by *normal* I don't mean average American (who IS overweight-obese), I mean within medically healthy range for adult women.

If she wants to rant about the health issues that the obese are at increased risk for, she needs to find someone who actually IS obese. Otherwise she looks like a nutjob. I bet if we did full medical workups and compared them that this girl Jordin is healthier than her. When I look at that lady I see osteoporosis, premature aging of the skin, organ damage/failure, infertility, decreased immunity/resistance to disease and infection, pneumonia and other respiratory issues (double that if she smokes to keep her weight under control), dry brittle hair and nails, congestive heart failure....those are just off the top of my head. All the things that she claims to see when she looks at Jordin I've seen in plenty of normal-underweight people who did not take care of themselves properly or were genetically unfortunate.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

God help Lakisha if she had won - or even Melinda who has a little spare tire (she looked great on the finale though!)

I think she is very pretty.
    I don't see anything wrong with her.

what sucks is that these skin and bones girls are shoved in everyones faces all day long...on magazines, tv shows, movies etc...so now, normal looking girls, or girls with a little extra weight look obese to people. Its really sad. I think we are forgetting what a healthy woman/girl looks like. I think Jordin looks great, yes she could lose a few pounds, but if shes happy with the way she looks...leave her be. Not everyone wants to starve and be miserable. Im glad they defended her, and called the MeMe chick out...just looking at that name we should know shes not all there and to top it off shes probably starving.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Bronze Member

I think she looks fine, and whomever said she was obese has obviously not seen an obese person before.

This is a new low. There are such idiots in this world... The camera obviously adds a fair amount of weight, and the word "obese" gets thrown around way too easily. This girl is FAR from obese, and in this skinny-obsessed world, I would say it's very much a positive that more normal looking people are around as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information