Thread: The Great Kate Weight Debate

Default The Great Kate Weight Debate

The Great Kate Weight Debate

February's GLAMOUR Magazine Reveals What Celebrities and Real People Say About the Relative Sizes of Three Famous Kates: Kate Moss, Kate Winslet and Kate Dillon.

The U.S. is massively obsessed with who weighs what and how to get rid of it. Is the real problem one of body or mind? GLAMOUR magazine's February issue poses "The Great Kate Weight Debate," questioning celebs and real people about three different widths of woman:
    Kate Moss (model: 5'7", approx 115 lbs)Kate Winslet (actress: 5'8", approx 130 lbs)Kate Dillon (model: 5'11", approx 175 lbs).
    Here are quotes from the Kates themselves:
    "Now I'm being blamed not only for anorexia but also for lung cancer." Kate Moss "I'm not a stick. I like having a good pair of tits on me and a good ass." Kate Winslet "I weigh myself every week to make sure I'm not losing any weight. I love my body." Kate Dillon
    And comments about which Kate's body was best:
    "Kate Moss is too skinny. She also looks like she's 11. It's practically illegal to look at her picture. God bless Kate Dillon, but size 14 is just a little too big. Look at me talking, I just lost 28 pounds, so I should have more sympathy, but I don't." Gary Dell'Abate, The Howard Stern Show producer "Kate Winslet is a beautiful woman. If she put on another 10 pounds, I'd still outweigh her by 50. People just want to make fun of her weight because she got to make out with Leonardo DiCaprio." Gabrielle Reece, pro beach volleyball player and ex-model "(Kate Moss) is a little scary. The men I know want a woman with an ass, like Jennifer Lopez. Kate Dillon looks great. To me, you're too heavy when you can't get up and walk a mile without being out of breath." Ananda Lewis, MTV VJ "I think Kate Winslet is perfect, and I'd love to go out with her." Clifford, NYC cab driver

Here are the preferences of real people polled in two different areas of the country:
    WomenMenNew York CityWinslet: 58%
    Moss: 24%
    Dillon: 18%
    Winslet: 50%
    Moss: 30%
    Dillon: 20%
    Missoula, MontanaDillon: 42%
    Moss: 36%
    Winslet: 22%
    Moss: 56%
    Winslet: 32%
    Dillon: 12%

Great Kate Weight Debate

I can't see any of the pictures in the post.

i cant see them either...i didnt know kate moss weighed only 15lbs less than kate winslet??
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Yeah, that really doesn't make sense, especially since Kate Winslet is taller, and Kate Moss doesn't seem to have a heavy skeleton.

i was ready to jump in and snarl because i thought it was another Kate Winslet "my body is real and womanly" thread.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

The weights they give are always bs. I am 5 ft 3 and weigh 135, yet I sit here in a size 4Petite skirt. I'm athletic and exercise a lot. People have no idea what 140 lbs looks like and it doesn't look the same on everybody. I'd say Kate Winslet is more like 160, but she looks fabulous. I'm so sick of the numbers game.

Kate Winslet looks great, but there is no way she weighs 130 pounds. I would guess 145-150, and she carries it well and looks awesome.
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Kate Winslet is no 130 pounds. I am 5'8". I am not small boned. At 130 pounds, I am a walking stick. I am a skinny, bony, size 2-4 which leads people to question if I am a fan of chemicals. (I am not)

She is 150+ if she is 5.

Kate Moss? I am going to say less than 115.

^^ i think it all varies on your frame, shape and muscle mass. I'm 5'7 and weight 110 which is less than kate moss, but I am not a stick, I am slim, yet toned and curvy. But I highly doubt kate moss weighs over 100lbs...

well im 5'8 and weigh 170, right now i could definitely stand to lose another 20lbs, but its been hard to get the last 20 down (used to be 200lbs)i dont think i look gross...i think kate winslet is around 150 also, and kate moss..no way shes over 100lbs, she looks sickly..i wish i could see the other chick, if shes 5'11 and a size 14 she cant look that bad, because im in between a 12 and 14 right now...14 is too big, 12 is a lil snug right now.

i think kate winslet is gorgeous. but i also love kat moss' looks. just two very different types of bodies and beauties. i just googled kate dillon and she's not fat but she does have a heavier build than what i really like.
    i agree that these people have no idea what celebs weigh, i think they just pull numbers out of their asses and hope no one notices.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i just searched for some pics of her also, i dont believe kate dillon is a size 14, i would say more like a 16 maybe...shes 3 inches taller than me, and looks a lot heavier than i do

i think all of these weights for these women are off

I looked for photos of Dillon. In some she appears to be a 16-18, while in others she appears to be a 10-12. Angles maybe?

My target size is 8. Smaller and I look ill. Clavicles protrude, jaws sink, etc. I can get away with up to 12, but I do not "feel" well. So, 8 it is.

Thread Information