Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The real Star Jones story

Default The real Star Jones story

I went to a party tonight and the subject of celebrity weight came up. One of the guests was a nurse at Lenox Hill hospital in NY. She is a family friend of the anesthesiologist who was part of the team for Star Jones' gastric bypass surgery at the hospital.

About six months after the surgery, Star went into ICU because she got very sick as she did not follow the prescribed diet. She was eating too much food which caused her to vomit and irritated her stomach. By the time she had to go to ICU she had not been absorbing food because it just kept coming up.

After that, she followed the plan and went on an exercise program. So when she says she keeps slim through diet and exercise, that part is true, except she omits how her weight loss began.

Thanks for this info. I believe it. Shame on her for being so shady about it in the first place!

Elite Member

she admitted to it already like 10times

A*O

I know she threw a Pity Party for herself about the 'complications' but I didn't think she ever actually admitted to having gastric bypass surgery in the first place?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I know she threw a Pity Party for herself about the 'complications' but I didn't think she ever actually admitted to having gastric bypass surgery in the first place?
    yeah i think i would have caught that somewhere!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I never knew of her flat out admitting it.

Stupid toadfaced whore.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I believe this. I also believe she is a stupid toadfaced whore. She's as fake as her marriage.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Of course there are going to be complications when you try to eat through that teeny pouch like you still have a ginormous gullet! Amazing to me that she still couldn't stop eating like she was when obese (surely she had to physically feel like complete shit and sick as hell every single freaking time she did this!?) until faced with complications that could possibly...oh, kill her a mere 6 months after. It usually takes a person a lot longer to stretch that stomach back out when they manage to do it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She looks worse now than when she was fat, if that's possible. I guess losing weight for some people is like getting a new paint job for a Yugo.

I still think gastric-bypass is the easy way out. I mean damn, self control is a virtue.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

A*O

^^^ It's also a pretty unpleasant experience post-op. Your stomach is roughly the size of an orange so you live on a more or less liquid diet for a while, taken in tiny quantities and if you have even a mouthfull too much you puke. After several weeks of feeing nauseous you can progress onto semi-solids but the /nausea vomitting (or 'wet burps' as they like to call them) continue. Eventually, you can manage solids (but certain types of food will still cause puking) but again, it has to be in tiny quantities.

The weightloss can be spectacular but at what price? Personally I cannot think of anything worse then constantly feeling (or being) sick. Some people are obviously desperate enough but I agree that if you are sufficiently motivated and a bit of self-control/willpower you can get the same results on a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) like Optifast.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Thumbs up Agree

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    ^^^ It's also a pretty unpleasant experience post-op. Your stomach is roughly the size of an orange so you live on a more or less liquid diet for a while, taken in tiny quantities and if you have even a mouthfull too much you puke. After several weeks of feeing nauseous you can progress onto semi-solids but the /nausea vomitting (or 'wet burps' as they like to call them) continue. Eventually, you can manage solids (but certain types of food will still cause puking) but again, it has to be in tiny quantities.

The weightloss can be spectacular but at what price? Personally I cannot think of anything worse then constantly feeling (or being) sick. Some people are obviously desperate enough but I agree that if you are sufficiently motivated and a bit of self-control/willpower you can get the same results on a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) like Optifast.
    Yes, I agree. If someone wants to starve to lose weight, they should just do it without the surgery. It would be much better for them as well as healthier?
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I'm fairly certain she admitted to having 'medical intervention' in helping her slim down, but never went so far to actually SAY it was gastric bypass. Though, recently I think she has all but admitted it---Rosie O'Donnell called her out.

That's such bullshit. She couldn't lose weight on her own, she needed her stomach stapled to do it- like it's a big secret.

If she'd had her jaws wired closed to lose weight, would she then say she finally learned to keep her mouth shut?
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information