Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwen Stefani: 'I've always been on a diet'

Default Gwen Stefani: 'I've always been on a diet'

You can excuse a girl a bit of vanity – even Gwen Stefani. "If you had paparazzi outside your house, you'd make sure you looked good, too," the singer and fashion designer tells Harper's Bazaar in its May issue.

Stefani, 37, says she was "dying to get out of the house" when she was pregnant last year, but says: "I had to sneak into the back of my brother Todd's car – eight months pregnant – and lie down on the floor. Just so we could go to Target."

Baby Kingston was born in May 2006 and Stefani immediately set about losing her pregnancy pounds. "It's so much work afterward to get the weight off," she says. "If you just do it, it comes off. And when you're nursing, like I am, your metabolism is like whoosh!"

Still, Stefani admits that she struggled to keep her size 4 figure even before her pregnancy. "I hate talking about it, but it's true," she says. "I've always been on a diet, ever since I was in the sixth grade. It's an ongoing battle and it's a nightmare. But I like clothes too much, and I always wanted to wear the outfits I would make." She adds with a laugh: "And I'm very vain."

She says she contents herself with "all the healthy stuff" most of the time, "but I let myself cheat once or twice a day with a cookie or pizza."

Stefani can expect quite a workout when she embarks on her two-month U.S. tour to promote her new album, The Sweet Escape, on April 21 in Las Vegas. After that? Well, she did tell Ellen DeGeneres in February she was "ready to go" for another child.

"Now I'm in a repeater zone," she confirms to Bazaar. "I just want to make babies and make records."

Luckily, she's got help from her husband of more than four years, Gavin Rossdale. "I even wrote in a song, 'You seem like you'd be a good dad,' " she says. "So, yeah he's lived up to my expectations, more than. He has always been very loving and romantic."
    Gwen Stefani: 'I've Always Been on a Diet' | Gwen Stefani : People.com

Elite Member

I'm glad that she's honest.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She is soooo over-rated. When did anyone think she was attractive?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A*O

I've always liked this woman - she's got style and class. And yes, she's being honest about dieting instead of the usual lies about "lucky genes" or "lots of pilates" or "a naturally fast metabolism" bullshit they normally spout.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

SVZ

I remember when she was on that macrobiotic diet...I'm kinda glad to hear she went off it when she had her baby.

At least she is honest about the struggle.

Really, A*O, you like her? I may have to re-consider her because I've always thought she was such a poser.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Everyone knew she wasn't going to be a Skinny Minnie in her eighth month, so why hide?

I remember when Shania Twain was pregnant. She spent the entire nine months hidden away at her house in Switzerland so no one would see her with a belly. Like, wtf?

I loved showing off the big belly when I was pregnant!

oh well, i'm not going to complain that another celebrity is talking about their weight because i hate it more when they say they "EAT HEAPS OF JUNK FOOD".

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

I loved showing off the big belly when I was pregnant!
    Same! I was as proud as hell of my belly

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    oh well, i'm not going to complain that another celebrity is talking about their weight because i hate it more when they say they "EAT HEAPS OF JUNK FOOD".
    and never exercise, and were big losers in high school!

^LOL, and they HATE plastic surgery. Thats another good one. I'm talking to you KATE BECKINSALE.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I may have to re-consider her because I've always thought she was such a poser.
    I just think that within the limitations of vapid celebrity-dom she's managed carry herself with a degree of dignity and she recognises the importance of grooming Having an IQ higher than room temperature helps too.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^haHAHAH...fair enough....

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I just think that within the limitations of vapid celebrity-dom she's managed carry herself with a degree of dignity and she recognises the importance of grooming Having an IQ higher than room temperature helps too.
    Yes, she is always turned out so glamourously. Not that I always like her clothes, but she always looks clean. Plus, she admits how hard she works out for her figure. Like someone already said, the celebs that brag that they can eat Taco Bell and still stay slim inspire hate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information