Thread: Freaky celebrity diets

Default Freaky celebrity diets

CHRISTINA AGUILERA The Colour Diet
    XTINA's may love Taco Bell takeaways, but when she does gain a little more to grab onto, she resorts to the textures and colours diet.
    Every mealtime the singer eats four food items: one crunchy, one soft, one hot and one cold.
    The plate must also contain food in bold, contrasting colours.
    EXPERT OPINION: "I doubt this aids weight loss," says Sun Diet health expert Dr Carol.
    "It's really just a diversionary tactic to make food more interesting."

KATE WINSLET The Face Reading Diet
    WE love Kate's curves, but after giving birth to her son Joe the actress felt it was time to tone up.
    Rather than a sensible exercise regime and healthy food, she resorted to the bizarre Facial Analysis Diet.
    This oriental method spots vitamin deficiencies and food allergies by looking at a person's face.
    Kate lost a whopping four stone in just 10 months, switching red meat and milk for oatcakes and cucumber.
    EXPERT OPINION: "There is no evidence for this whatsoever," says Dr Carol.
    "It's very rash to cut out entire food groups based on the shape of your face! Your diet will be unbalanced so your health will suffer."

VICTORIA BECKHAM The Pineapple And Sushi Diet
    Skinny Vicky apparently lived on just sushi and pineapple to lose weight before the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
    It must have been tedious for the willowy WAG but it seemed to work.
    She is certainly slim - but how healthy was her militant regime?
    EXPERT OPINION: "She's getting protein and some vitamins but such a restricted diet means she's not eating the range of foods that we're designed to eat," says Dr Carol.
    "Without carbs her concentration will suffer and so will her mood. Without iron and calcium, she's putting herself at high risk of anaemia and osteoperosis – worrying for someone her size."

SOPHIE DAHL The Green Tea Diet
    CURVY girls let out a sigh when Sophie went from shapely to rake-like in a matter of months.
    The model said she owed her weight loss to green tea.
    Research shows green tea increases the rate which your body burns calories and one to two cups of tea a day supposedly burns up to 70 calories.
    EXPERT OPINION: "She must have been filling up on green tea but not much else," says Dr Carol.
    "The antioxidants in tea are great, but without substantial meals you cannot function properly. Food is meant to be fuel, without it your body won't work, full stop."

JENNIFER ANISTON The Atkins Diet
    THERE was a time when everyone was on the Atkins diet, from the girls in your office to your podgy uncle Pete.
    So what’s weird about it, you ask?
    Well, the fact that Dr Robert Atkins died of a heart attack should give some indication.
    Minature Jenny Aniston cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and other carbohydrates in favour of protein and fats.
    Jen lost over 30lbs on this diet and has managed to keep it off.
    The rest of us piled it all back on at the whiff of white bread.
    EXPERT OPINION: "People do lose weight on the Atkins diet, but they are burning up - it puts a lot of strain on the kidneys and heart," says Dr Carol.
    "It's bad for your cholesterol levels and creates acid in the body, giving you bad breath. Not nice."

LIZ HURLEY The Cavemen Diet
    AFTER having her son Damian, Liz Hurley shed a massive three-and-a-half stone on the hilariously titled Caveman diet.
    No she wasn't waving bones in the air and eating woolly mammoths, this diet relies on the theory that we don't need three meals a day.
    Thin Liz revealed she ate just one meal a day and never mixed proteins with carbs.
    The idea is that eating in this way maximises the body's digestive powers while minimising its fat storing habits.
    EXPERT OPINION: "Eating smaller amounts more often is much healthier than having just one larger meal," says Dr Carol.
    "No wonder celebs throw such tantrums, by eating just one meal a day, your mood and energy levels will really flag."
    "And cavemen were far too busy to sort out their carbs and proteins!"

RENEE ZELLWEGER The Ice Cube Diet
    HOW did Renee lose her Bridget Jones bulge?
    She did a daily 20-mile hike, ate low-carb meals and snacked on ice cubes.
    Hardly a diet for the faint-hearted, or indeed the sane.
    She lost three stone, for some that was three stone too much.
    EXPERT OPINION: "She looked way too thin after that dramatic weight loss," says the Doctor.
    "Snacking on ice cubes sounds a bit desperate, it's about giving your mouth something to do without consuming calories."

SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR Cabbage Soup Diet
    LIKE the Atkins, the cabbage soup diet was the flavour of the day in the mid-nineties.
    But thankfully, before we could say 'smelt it, dealt it' it had gone with the wind.
    You eat cabbage soup for seven days, along with fruit, vegetables, fish and chicken.
    The claim is you can lose up to 10lbs in a week, but in the process you will lose all your friends and embarass yourself publicly at least once.
    Sarah Michelle claimed to lose 30lbs.
    EXPERT OPINION: "With this diet you get a lot of veggies and folic acid which is great for the heart," says Dr Carol.
    "But you can get these with a more varied diet, too. I don't recommend having such a limited weekly food plan."

MADONNA The Macrobiotic Diet
    HEALTH nut Madge follows the Macrobiotic Diet - which claims to be a food philosophy rather than a weight loss plan.
    It's based on whole grains, organic vegetables and pulses, as well as occasional white fish. Sensible stuff, you'd think.
    But you're not meant to cook with electricity and food should be chewed 50 times.
    EXPERT OPINION: "Oh my god, this is weird," says the Doctor.
    "There is no logic behind this and not using electricity will certainly not make you any slimmer."

UMA THURMAN The Raw Food Diet
    Uma's diet takes uncooked to a whole new level.
    The actress uses the raw food diet, which includes beef, venison and duck.
    The idea is that raw food contains live enzymes which boost energy. These enzymes are destroyed during cooking.
    EXPERT OPINION: "This is a bad idea - meat contains lots of bacteria such as E. coli, salmonella and lysteria."
    "It's great to eat raw veg as it's packed with goodness, but I'd be very worried about eating raw meat."

MARIAH CAREY Purple Food Diet
    POP-diva Mariah claims that purple foods prevent her from getting wrinkles.
    So three days a week she eats nothing but grapes, plums, beetroots and other purple-hued foods.
    EXPERT OPINION: "Highly coloured foods can be very good for you," says Dr Carol.
    "What worries me is that she is excluding the other colours - red, orange, yellow and green foods are all just as good for you."
    The Sun Online - Diet: Freaky celebrity diet fads

If you take all these diets and look at the whole picture.... they've got one thing in common.... they eat less calories than they burn... everyone knows how to diet... wether it's healty or not is totally another discussion
    Life is a journey - it's the passion that takes you further than your dreams

Exactly.

Those diets sound ridiculous. How about a controlled calorie intake and balanced meals? It's not like those celebs can't afford their own personal nutritionist/chef

Maybe we could try 1 diet plan every day? Kind of mix & match. Some of these are quite inventive to say the least! Purple food?
    Could the next plan by a Color of the Day-Monday-purple, Tuesday-red.Wednsday yellow,Thursday-blue, Friday-orange and rainbow week ends to round it off! Hm. Might try that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

When did Sarah Michelle Gellar EVER need to lose 30 pounds???

Hiking 20 miles a day?
    This is ridiculous, only professional outdoorsman or hikers clock this kind of mileage....i smell B.S!
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    MARIAH CAREY Purple Food Diet
    POP-diva Mariah claims that purple foods prevent her from getting wrinkles.
    So three days a week she eats nothing but grapes, plums, beetroots and other purple-hued foods.
    EXPERT OPINION: "Highly coloured foods can be very good for you," says Dr Carol.
    "What worries me is that she is excluding the other colours - red, orange, yellow and green foods are all just as good for you."
    my vote for the assclown of the day is the expert who is worried because mariah isnt incorporating OTHER colors into her diet, completely overlooking the fact she's only eating purple. dork
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by sarahphim View Post
    When did Sarah Michelle Gellar EVER need to lose 30 pounds???
    Good catch! She dropped quite a bit of weight from her curvier early Buffy days to her more stick-thin, later Buffy days, but no way it's 30 pounds. She's a tiny thing too.

^Yeah, I remember that she thinned out from early Buffy, and she said she lost weight filming "I Know What You Did Last Summer," because the food was nasty, but she is relatively short and has a small frame, so I would have guessed maybe 15 lbs. And she didn't even "need" to lose that. More of a baby fluff kind of thing. She's put on a little weight in the last couple of years, though, and I think she looks really good.

I call bullshit and say they all used the coke diet.

I dont believe half that shit. Blow and maybe a coffee is their diet.

I thought Dr. Atkins died after slipping on an icy sidewalk and bumping his head, not from a heart attack...or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

These people have millions of disposable dollars on hand, I'd say lipo and coke are the main Hollywood weight loss plans.

Thread Information