Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ramos sisters had heart defects

Bronze Member

Default Ramos sisters had heart defects

I get so frustrated when I see these sisters deaths being used by the media to beat up the skinny model debate

scaryskinny the post is dated 28/2

Both girls had congenital heart defects and the coroner in Uruguay found both sisters healthy and well nourished and that anorexia DID NOT contribute to their death

It's not fair to the Ramos sisters or their family
    Last edited by xiaoecho; March 6th, 2007 at 01:45 AM.

^ It's such a tragedy about those girls. But I read that their aunt or cousin said they lived on salad and diet coke.... In anycase anorexia or not eating properly over a prolonged period of time causes harm to our vital organs which can also affect the heart. So anorexia could have indeed been a factor in their death but not the direct cause considering they had heart defects to begin with...

Is anorexia a form of suicide perhaps?
    Often times a celebrity uses it to come back from the brink of celebrity suicide.
    I think that's a sad fact
    At least I'm not afraid to show my real face when I have a go at someone.

I dont necessarily think death by anorexia is always a form ofof suicide, although i see the pt, bc not all anorexics WANT to die--they WANT to be thin. I dont know, i think they just get to the point where they dont care about anything else except their weight as opposed to trying to die

Elite Member

I think anorexia is a form of addiction. Its not about food or body image or any on thing in particular, its a whole lot of stuff and the inability to deal with any of it. Its a way to get control in a life that feels out of control. Its obsessive compulsive. Its like someone who cuts themselves open. Its not suicide, its a cry for help before it gets to that point.

I have to admit, when I was at my lowest weight, in hospital. I just wanted to die. I wanted the pain to stop. I wanted it all to be over. Its an emotional and mental death. The brain switches off and you become unable to really..live. You become the walking dead. Starve the body, starve the mind.

So yeah after all thoes rambles, it really is a form of suicide, just really long and really torturous and in many ways worse then suicide because of that.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    I dont necessarily think death by anorexia is always a form ofof suicide, although i see the pt, bc not all anorexics WANT to die--they WANT to be thin. I dont know, i think they just get to the point where they dont care about anything else except their weight as opposed to trying to die
    you have no idea what you're talking about. anorexia and every other eating disorder has nothing to do with food. it has to do with underlying issues. Lani, sorry to hear about your case. hope you stay well.

^^^ you have no idea what youre talking about --- the obsession is an obsession with weight. I did not mention anything causal about the obsession. You are talking about the underlying issue, I am talking about the manifestation of the underlying issue. Two totally seperate concepts.
    Last edited by Femmefatale; March 9th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Elite Member

FF you really have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody chooses to be anorexic. IT only appears to be an obsession with weight because its a way to control something. When life spins around everyone goes to an addiction - work, alcohol, drugs..whatever. IT would be like saying 'oh depression is just caused with an obsession with being sad'. Idiot.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

^ what are you talking about when did i say anything about CAUSE. cant you read? Depressed people do act sad, just as anorexic people obsess about weight--but again, youre talking about a cause and Im talking about the manifestation

well the eating disorders certainly couldn't have HELPED their heart problems

Bronze Member

The media (still) keeps promulgating these girls deaths as resulting from anorexia when the coroner SPECIFICALLY STATED that they were not.
    He found that(Luisa at least) was NOT underweight at the time of her heart attack - It was caused not by her 'lettuce leaf and diet coke' eating habits but BY HER HEART DEFECT

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoecho View Post
    the coroner in Uruguay found both sisters healthy and well nourished and that anorexia DID NOT contribute to their death
    I don't believe this for ONE second. The father admitted that the 2nd girl had been living off lettuce and diet coke in the months before her death and that had nothing to do with it? Bullshit. Its a media coverup.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

It's strange how people NEED these girls to have died from anorexia.
    I cant read portugese but at the time the true cause of death was published all over the south american press but the 1st world press immediatly picked up on the fact that the sisters were models and dead.
    It was good copy as Carolina Anna Reston had died of ANOREXIA a few weeks prevously. People will believe what already confirms their own prejudices.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I don't believe this for ONE second. The father admitted that the 2nd girl had been living off lettuce and diet coke in the months before her death and that had nothing to do with it? Bullshit. Its a media coverup.
    I agree I think its a media coverup too...

why is everyone so mean to eachother? We don't need to call eachother idiots if we said something wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoecho View Post
    It's strange how people NEED these girls to have died from anorexia.
    I cant read portugese but at the time the true cause of death was published all over the south american press but the 1st world press immediatly picked up on the fact that the sisters were models and dead.
    It was good copy as Carolina Anna Reston had died of ANOREXIA a few weeks prevously. People will believe what already confirms their own prejudices.
    WHy are you so adament about proving they DIDNT die of anorexia? WHy are they living off lettuce leaves and diet coke? It that a NORMAL diet? What if they were a normal weight??? You can still die from anorexia and bulimia from the wreck you do to your body. If any coroner says that this didnt have an affect on the cause of death, that is BS. Plus, in some places coroners are ELECTED and dont have to have any medical backround....so i take anything with a grain of salt and ANOREXIA continues to be the most deadly mental illness.....its a shame that you are so soaked in the model, denial culture that you can't even acknowledge the cause of death of these two girls.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information