Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Carey - 70 lb weight loss

fgg

Default Drew Carey - 70 lb weight loss

Drew Carey Drops 70s Lbs; "I Got Sick of Being Fat"

Drew Carey has dropped a reported 70 lbs. -- and he tells UsMagazine.com he couldn't feel better.

"I just got sick of being fat," he told Us Wednesday at the 2010 CBS Summer Press Tour Party in Beverly Hills.

In early May, the National Enquirer reported that The Price Is Right host, 52, was dieting and working out. A month later, it claimed Carey was using an "custom-made appetite suppressant administered by a Hollywood nutritionist."

But Carey told Us he's been following a cardio program, "so there's nobody really standing over me. I do work with somebody who gives me advice on what to do, how many minutes to run, what my heart rate should be and all that kind of stuff."

Carey, who said he is no longer diabetic, told Us he wants to lose more weight "so I can be looking that great at 86."

Added the actor, "My fiancee has a 5-year old, and wow, I'd love to see him graduate. I'd love to be able play with him without getting tired, enjoy my life and watch him grow."

Though he still eats meat, he told Us he has one strict food rule: "No donuts!"

http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylif...ng-fat-2010297

Wow, he looks great. Good for him. I've always thought he was awesome.

he kind of looks like a less macabre larry king now. i don't know if he's wearing make up or if he has a tan or what but he looks jaundiced.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love him. He looks great.

In the second after pic, he looks a bit like a wax statue. :/
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

He looks good.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

He looks so much better--he looked awful on The Price Is Right.

Good for him.

Syd

I think he looks like shit. Waaaaaay older than 52.

He looks incredibly old, a lot older than he really is. This is so, so weird. I saw him do standup earlier this year, April maybe, and he still looked like his before picture up there. I'm all for losing weight but he looks kind of ill. Hope he's taking care of himself, he seems like a nice guy.

fgg

after beeyotch's comment i was wondering about gastic or lap band, etc. but he says diet & exercise...

Drew Carey: How I Lost 80 Lbs.

By Sara Hammel
    Thursday July 29, 2010 12:40 PM EDT

Drew Carey has been known as a loveable, teddy-bear type as far back as his long-running sitcom The Drew Carey Show. But, he says, being big was a burden – and he had to make a change.

"It sucks being fat, you know," Carey, 52, said Wednesday at the CBS, Showtime and The CW TCA Party in Beverly Hills. "I was diabetic with Type-2 diabetes.”

Not anymore. After Carey embarked on a strict regime, shaving his diet of carbohydrates and hitting the gym religiously, he dropped 80 lbs. since January and says, "I'm not diabetic anymore. No medication needed."

So how’d he do it?

"No carbs," Carey says. "I have cheated a couple times, but basically no carbs, not even a cracker. No bread at all. No pizza, nothing. No corn, no beans, no starches of any kind. Egg whites in the morning or like, Greek yogurt, cut some fruit."

He snacks on fruit, and for dinner he’ll have grilled chicken and steamed vegetables and water. "I don't drink anything but water," he says. "No coffee, no tea, no soda."
    Hitting the Gym

Equally important, he says, is keeping up his workouts. His secret: "Lots of cardio. About 45 minutes of cardio, at least 45 minutes of cardio. I've been kind of lazy like lately, so I'm not doing it 6 days a week, but I will be for this next month."

All this discipline has gotten Carey from a size 44 pants to a 33-34, with his goal to lose another 10 lbs. and shrink to a size 32.

"I like being skinny," says Carey. "I was sick of being fat on the camera. Really, I just got sick of it. Once I started losing weight, again, like once I started dropping a couple pant sizes, then it was easy 'cause once you see the results, then you don't wanna stop."

I am really happy for him.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Wow.. he looks great but SO DIFFERENT.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

A huge weight loss after the age of 35 really seems to age people badly, doesn't it?
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs a different haircut, though. This one makes him look all bones about the face.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Bronze Member

He looks good. Everyone who loses weight looks a little different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information