Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 120-Pound Australia’s Next Top Model Contestant Asked to Lose Weight

Default 120-Pound Australia’s Next Top Model Contestant Asked to Lose Weight

120-Pound Australia’s Next Top Model Contestant Asked to Lose Weight
    Photo: Courtesy of Foxtel

Last year, Australia's Next Top Model crowned a size 10 contestant the winner. But this season, contestant Alison Boxer, a 16-year-old from Melbourne, says she was told to slim down just a week into filming. She weighed about 120 pounds (55 kilograms) at the time.
    "It was a shock to the system to be told I needed to lose weight," she said.

"At home a lot of people say I'm too skinny. I was 50kg at one stage, which I thought was a bit scary.

"So I was coming from a place where people were telling me to gain weight, to now people saying I should lose weight."

She says she was asked to lose "centimeters from her thighs." A scout for the show said that "at the end of the day you have to be tall and skinny to be a model."
    "Hopefully, we have a range of body shapes, faces and personalities, but tall and slim is what works," she said.
    And how does that provide a range in body shapes? Boxer — and remember she is 16 — said she has never tried to lose weight, but now goes to the gym twice a day and watches her diet. What's worse is that the television network actually admitted they asked Alison to lose the weight, only they claim they asked her to lose centimeters from her waist, not hips and thighs. But this is a rather sick way to drum up publicity for the show, which starts airing in July.
    So it's great that Crystal Renn just walked the Chanel resort show, but super-skinny models still seem to be what the industry wants more than anything. Casting Renn in a fashion show just distracts from how thin the other models are.
    Australia's Next Top Model tells contestant she's too fat [news.com.au]
    120-Pound Australia’s Next Top Model Contestant Asked to Lose Weight -- The Cut

------------------------------
    Not surprising in the fashion industry these days, but thought I would post it anyways.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

horrified

If you want to model, that's the way it is. You want to be in print, then you have to conform. It's not real fucking life, it's ads. An idealized image.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Jesus Christ she's so fat it's like white Precious
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

She could tighten up those thighs with some strength training, but this would probably require a few more pounds of muscle gain than fat loss, unless she has more bodyfat than you can tell (by her being so skinny).

The reason these broads all have to starve and do blow (and get fat when they eat normally or get older) is because they're asked to stay at such ridiculously low weights. You can't retain any muscle tone when you're a naturally skinny broad who's asked to get and stay even skinnier.

Even if she lost bodyfat while gaining muscle they probably would not like to see the shape of any muscle on her body anyway, since they like these women to have flattened, stick-like appendages and also be as narrow in width and depth (excepting their waists) as humanly possible.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Tell them to fuck off and get another job

Gold Member

I weigh 120 lbs at 5'6 and I'm slender. I can't image how thin this girl already is at model height, and they want her to lose more? Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Horrified at her evident lack of willpower around food. Yep, she's a fatty.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Do these top models actually become known models? I know the American version they usually win, and are never heard from again.

At 120 and 5'5, I was a size 2. What precisely are they shooting for? Oh right, right. Clotheshanger. How can I forget.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    Do these top models actually become known models? I know the American version they usually win, and are never heard from again.
    There was this same kind of TV consept in finland called "Model School" which basically had the same idea. The winner, Suvi Koponen, is now a very successful model internationally. After that came the Top Model TV show and the winner of that didn't do so well.

I think it's easier for foreign shows to "make" models than american ones, not many people in america watch the foreign ones... Alice Burdeu from Australias Next Top Model did pretty well and the crazy one from last season Cassi was sent to Paris fashion week but she started twitting about snail slurpers and went home.
    "Well isn't that special"

Yeah, she's a fat cow.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information