Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bond girl Gemma Arterton puts her shapely figure on show in a string bikini

Default Bond girl Gemma Arterton puts her shapely figure on show in a string bikini

Bond girl Gemma Arterton puts her shapely figure on show in a string bikini while taking a break from filming

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 10:20 AM on 21st May 2009

source: Bond girl Gemma Arterton puts her shapely figure on show in a string bikini while taking a break from filming | Mail Online

Her curves have been the subject of much debate in recent months but Gemma Arterton was more than happy to show them off as she stripped down to a bikini while relaxing by a hotel pool yesterday.
    The 23-year-old actress looked like she didn’t have a care in the world as she chilled out on a sun lounger while enjoying a day off from shooting Greek epic Clash of the Titans in the Canary Islands.
    Poolside fun: Gemma Arterton relaxes by her hotel pool in a bikini during a break from filming her latest movie in the Canary Islands

Dressed in a black two-piece swimsuit with her hair scraped into a messy bun, the smiling actress appeared to be making the most of her brief time off and went for a dip in the pool before lighting a cigarette and pulling out a book.
    Earlier this year, Gemma revealed her pride in her size ten hourglass shape, following pictures of her sporting signs of a double chin.

It was a far cry from the toned figure she showed in the Bond film Quantum Of Solace, in which she appeared naked with Daniel Craig.
    But Gemma insisted she was happy with her image and said she would not be slimming for future roles.

Curves on show: The actress is proud of her size 10 hourglass shape

She added: 'I refuse to conform to this muscly, sinewy look that so many actresses seem to think is attractive. I hate it and I don't think it's very feminine.
    'I dress like a woman and wear a lot of couture because it's made for real women with curves. I'm a size ten, which I don't think is big.'

Gemma’s career has been going from strength to strength in recent years and it was recently revealed that she is to take on the role of Cathy in a new movie version of Emily Bronte’s classic novel Wuthering Heights.

The role of brooding lover Heathcliff will be played by 21-year-old Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick.

Elite Member

She has a nice figure, but the bikini looks too small. Think she forgot that you're supposed to go 1 size up in bathing suits.

Don't think she's a UK size 10, more like a 12.
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

she's got a nice body but yeah, the bikini is too small.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Peike View Post
    It was a far cry from the toned figure she showed in the Bond film Quantum Of Solace, in which she appeared naked with Daniel Craig.
    But Gemma insisted she was happy with her image and said she would not be slimming for future roles.

She added: 'I refuse to conform to this muscly, sinewy look that so many actresses seem to think is attractive. I hate it and I don't think it's very feminine.
    STFU, coming soon, the new svelte Gemma, how I lost 50 pounds!

So f**king predictable.

Gold Member

The Daily Mail must employ some dodgy men and women , they are so obsessed with women's bodies. It's getting boring , she looks ok but should have choosen a flattering piece of swimwear

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    she's got a nice body but yeah, the bikini is too small.
    Yea, she doesn't look too comfortable in it, but lovely figure

Very hot
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    STFU, coming soon, the new svelte Gemma, how I lost 50 pounds!

So f**king predictable.
    LMAO! celeb_2006 you're cracking me up with your predictable comments, rinse and repeat.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

She's a real woman.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She looks like a typical brit. Chavvy and chubby. But good for her i guess. She's so 'secure' that she doesnt need to 'conform'. Typical fat girl wank. Trust me, if she lost about 15lbs she'd look a littlle more spectacular, and less like the slappas i see in town on a daily basis, flaunting their muffin tops and bingo wings.

She's beautiful and her body looks nice.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    She's a real woman.

Unlike all the other women of different shapes and sizes... she's a real one. So is she only a real woman because she stopped working out or was she a real woman before as well?
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Unlike all the other women of different shapes and sizes... she's a real one. So is she only a real woman because she stopped working out or was she a real woman before as well?
    Err...right...
    I say she's a real woman because she has a reasonable and natural amount of body fat, as apposed to having the unatural and sickly look of a malnourished greyhound.
    Women are predisposed to carry a healthy amount of fat, regardless of their bodyshape...which I said nothing about....what's the problem with my comment?

Elite Member

I think her figure is great and healthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information