Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme celebrity weight gains and losses

Default Extreme celebrity weight gains and losses

The pressure to stay thin and trim in Hollywood is relentless, leading many stars to diets, drugs, and daily dates with their personal trainers. But sometimes stars fall off the boat and pack on the pounds. Always in the public eye and under scrutiny, extreme celebrity weight shifts may be due to stress, a baby, a movie role, or an unhealthy lifestyle. We’ve gathered some of the best and worst celebrity slim-downs and plump-ups, including Jessica Simpson, Mischa Barton, Oprah, Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie.

1.Mischa Barton - reportedly dropped two dress sizes in two months in 2008. [Photos: Splash News Online]

2.Jessica Simpson - got major heat for sporting unflattering high-waisted jeans at a concert in January. On her newly voluptuous figure, Simpson states "Curves are better, I don't get the whole rail thing. It's not good for your heart, it's not good for your mind; it's emotionally destructive, it really is." [Photos: Getty Images]

3.Tyra Banks - Never one to contain her feelings, Tyra Banks infamously confronted criticism about her weight gain on her talk show, and posed for the cover of People with a headline, "You Call This Fat?!"[

4.Renee Zellweger - After packing on some pounds for her role in Bridget Jones' Diary and its sequel, Renee Zellweger quickly went from booby to boney.

5.Lindsay Lohan - While Lindsay Lohan's weight has been fluctuating since 2004, it seems the height of her waifishness was in 2005. Lohan blamed stress and losing baby fat.

6. Amy Winehouse - Since "Rehab" threw Amy Winehouse into the spotlight, she's gone from foxy to frail...and something tells us it's not due to diet and exercise.

7.Marlon Brando - was once known for his smoldering good looks and stellar acting chops. However, in the late 80s, his sweet tooth got the best of him. He frequented a Beverly Hills ice cream shop, often leaving with five gallons at a time!

8. Lily Allen - kicked off her career as a normal-sized Brit with an edge. Recently, she has slimmed down, causing rumor mills to speculate not what goes in her stomach, but what goes up her nose.

9.Carrie Underwood - has rapidly gone from American Idol frump to country star fab!

10.Jennifer Love Hewitt - While she has claimed she's still a size 2, Jennifer Love Hewitt has gained some badunkadunk since her Carson Daly days.

11.Kelly Clarkson - Tight and toned after her American Idol win, Kelly Clarkson spent less time at the gym and more time rocking out as she gained fame.

12.Val Kilmer - has dropped the Batman get-up for a beer belly.

13.Courtney Love - Not a stranger to the plastic surgeon, Courtney Love recently appeared on a beach looking astonishingly slim...in an unnatural way.

14.Kirstie Alley - Ex-Jenny Craig spokeswoman Kirstie Alley has publicly struggled with her weight for the last ten years, even creating a Showtime mockumentary, Fat Actress, which ultimately flopped.

15.Britney Spears - 2007 VMA performance will forever remain ingrained in our minds. Though she once claimed to do 500-1,000 sit-ups a day, we're thinking that regimen fell by the wayside during her very public meltdown.

16.Kate Bosworth - played a buff surfer babe in Blue Crush, but has since widdled herself down to a sack of bones.

17.Ricki Lake - made her debut as Tracy Turnblad in the Broadway production of Hairspray and has since transformed herself via exercise and a healthy, organic diet.

18.Oprah Winfrey - The original queen of the bulge battle, Oprah Winfrey has tipped the scale at both ends.

19.Mel B - spiced up her body after a stint on Dancing with the Stars.

20.Hilary Duff - has shed her kid star image - and some pounds too. But some say the actress has gotten too skinny.

21. Nicole Richie - was known for her extremely skinny frame, but she's stayed healthy since giving birth to daughter Harlow in 2008.

22.Kelly Osbourne - is just as sassy as when she was a teen, but she's left her younger body behind for a slimmer frame.

23.Toccara Jones - America's Next Top Model toned up and slimmed down on Celebrity Fit Club.

24.Jennifer Connelly - Her husband has said that her recent weight lose is due to the stress of losing her father.

25.Jared Leto - has messed with his body for various roles - slimming down to play a heroin addict in Requiem for a Dream and packing on 60 pounds for Chapter 27.

26.Janet Jackson - has fluctuated between abs and flab her entire adult life.

27.Jack Osbourne - dropped the drugs and booze for exercise, and ended up looking fierce.

28.Beyonce - reportedly dieted on the Master Cleanse to lose 20 pounds for her role in Dreamgirls.

29.Aretha Franklin - Her body has grown with her career - the bigger, the better!

and finally...

30.Marie Osmond - Dancing With The Stars' Marie Osmond boogied her way to a slimmer bod.

Source:Top 30 Extreme Celebrity Weight Gains And Losses | Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Scandalist
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

wow to the Jared Leto,.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^ They picked like the worst picture for him. It made me laugh out loud.

Some of them don't look bad when they were supposedly 'fat'......

How can this be the same person?

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Renee looks better heavier, Val Kilmer scares me...actually most of the super skinny ones scare the hell out of me. Eat a sandwich!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Mischa looks like shit no matter what weight shes at.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

The one I find shocking is Amy Winehouse. She looked so good before with all those curves, and she was healthy. It's a shame how she looks now.
    Rock the fuck on!

With the exception of a few, most of these women do look better with more weight on them.
    ssabmud

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Folieadeux View Post
    With the exception of a few, most of these women do look better with more weight on them.
    Yep. Connelly in particular.

Oprah is lucky she still looks good while overweight - goes in nicely at the waist.

Almost every-one of them look better with some weight on.

My god, Brando was beautiful.

A few standouts who look a lot better in their "fat" pics:

Renee Zellwegger
    Lindsay Lohan
    Amy Winehouse
    Kate Bosworth
    Hilary Duff
    Nicole Richie
    Jennifer Connelly
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Jennifer Connelly looked beautiful in 2000, with the 'extra' weight. She looks really unhealthy these days.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    My god, Brando was beautiful.

Tell me about it. He was quite yummy back in the day.
    I agree that many of them looked so much better at a heavier weight like Renee Z., Jennifer Connelly, and of course Amy Winehouse.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Silver Member

I kind of feel bad for Jared Leto. No doubt he gained that weight so he can get some acclaim for that role but that movie came and went. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must have felt to get so fat in such short a time. Usually people gain that kind of weight in years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information