Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shockingly, Newt Gingrinch slams Barack Obama over Chavez handshake

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    That wasn't a video of Obama...it was a Hispanic newscaster speaking Spanish. I'd like to see Obama's response.
    did you watch the whole thing? It's what i said it was.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    did you watch the whole thing? It's what i said it was.
    Yeah, to the end. Spanish speaking lady all the way. There is footage of Obama talking privately but she is the voiceover. I guess I expected an Obama public response, like a press conference.

I don't think he should have been rude to Ortega and caused a diplomatic incident, but it's a bit galling to have to listen to a slimebag murderer, who is also a child molester rant on about how screwed up we are.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I dont think he should have been rude either, I just think he could have said something, they played him like a fiddle,as far as the book, I have no desire. Thats what they want, why do you think they gave it to him so publically? They knew we would all run out and buy it, and it soared over night, its filth I wouldnt waste my time on it
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I don't think he should have been rude to Ortega and caused a diplomatic incident, but it's a bit galling to have to listen to a slimebag murderer, who is also a child molester rant on about how screwed up we are.
    there's a balancing act going on here. Do you know what conference the Prez wisely rejected this week? One that would be full of US bashing and calls to end all criticism of Islam with fear of imprisonment...worldwide?

What do you think Obama wants to show the world right now? Think about it. If he can take a few hits from a tin-horn like Ortega, it completely invalidates the inevitable hewing and crying by Iran that Obama won't sit for criticism. (this also means that the Ortega bitching has to make the news...so moderate Muslims will ponder it.)

Ortega is a munchkin. Iran is scary.

One has to pick one's battles carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Im all for handling things gracefully but they are insulting and humiliating us. Hand our president an anti american book and then shake his hand? Chavez is a thug . It was nothing more than a propoganda tool.
    You haven't read the book, you don't know.

I dont think he should have been rude either, I just think he could have said something, they played him like a fiddle,as far as the book, I have no desire. Thats what they want, why do you think they gave it to him so publically? They knew we would all run out and buy it, and it soared over night, its filth I wouldnt waste my time on it
    You haven't read the book, you don't know.

You don't even know what it is or says, yet you've judged it filthy enough to burn. Sad. What are you so afraid of?

Im all for handling things gracefully but they are insulting and humiliating us. Hand our president an anti american book and then shake his hand? Chavez is a thug . It was nothing more than a propoganda tool.
    You know, we had Eight years of someone doing the most ignorant, disrespectful shit to various countries in the world...to have some one just shake a damn hand and brush him off, is not enough. No, we want our President to act like an ass, to the world defending our honor. I say fuck it, people are going to find fault with him no matter what he does so, do what you please...and make them pay back that tax credit their asses were ungrateful to receive!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm too afraid to switch to FauxNews, because all they do is spew hate. How is it possible they aren't under investigation for hate speech? I thought that was a crime.

They're trying to get everyone in a roar about two grown men shaking hands. People don't realize that when the heads of states belabor hysterically for the sake of the cameras back home, when they don't get along, it's the ordinary citizens who get sent to die. If Bush, Gingrich, Obama, O'Reilly, Buchanan, start a fight with an enemy leader, it's the Faux viewers that pay - with their wallets and their lives.

They're so brainwashed with fear and hate they can't even see past their torches. Wake up. Maybe if you read history instead of burning it, you wouldn't be ensuring your own oppression.

How can anyone take anything seriously that someone named "Newt" says? He needs to STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    At least he didn't bow to him.
    For some reason, I read that as "At least he didn't blow him."

I agree! Sit there and listen to a 50 minute rant on America not say a word to defend our country, not a word. It didnt have to get ugly, he could have said something in his calmn voice. I hope he burned the book. I dont want to read anything in that book, he can shove the book you know where
    You know who else advocated burning books????

Yes, I just Godwined the fucking thread *runs off*

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Cupcake, you need to read up a bit on diplomatic behavior. It's not about bluster, it's about taking a longterm view and knowing that allowing yourself to blow off steam at what is essentially a childish provocation and posturing for his domestic audience on the part of Chavez would be short-sighted and ultimately would get no one anywhere. And Newt? What an ignorant asshole.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

shockingly, Newty contradicts himself completely on the subject:

Gingrich in 2007: Politics ends at water’s edge - Daily Kos TV (beta)
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yes, that would be the adult thing to do.

oh look, here's Obama sternly lecturing Chavez for being a bag of dicks:

Dailymotion - Chavez Obama, un vĂ*deo de noticias24. chavez, obama, venezuela
    Judging by that video Obama doesn't look like he's inviting Chavez to the prom. The facial expressions and body language speak volumes, even you can't tell what's being said.

But of course some people, especially on the right, are just focused on Obama greeting Chavez with a smile and hearty handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    there's a balancing act going on here. Do you know what conference the Prez wisely rejected this week? One that would be full of US bashing and calls to end all criticism of Islam with fear of imprisonment...worldwide?

What do you think Obama wants to show the world right now? Think about it. If he can take a few hits from a tin-horn like Ortega, it completely invalidates the inevitable hewing and crying by Iran that Obama won't sit for criticism. (this also means that the Ortega bitching has to make the news...so moderate Muslims will ponder it.)

Ortega is a munchkin. Iran is scary.

One has to pick one's battles carefully.
    Well said. People need to understand that not every president is going to be a bull in a china shop like Dubya and say 'it's my way or the highway.'

Elite Member

shockingly, Newty contradicts himself completely on the subject:

Gingrich in 2007: Politics ends at water’s edge - Daily Kos TV (beta)
    Gingrich hypocritical? Now, that's a real shock.

Elite Member

It's not anti-USA. I've read it It's a man-on-the-ground account of what life was like in Latin America during the 70s, when dictators were making tens of thousands of people disappear over-night. It's exactly like some of the first person accounts of life under Stalin.

There isn't so much criticism as there is overwhelming sadness that journalists are being massacred, protesters mowed down and legal voting invalidated.

YES the USA backed every single right-wing dictator in Latin America with guns and death squads. But Days and Nights isn't about that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information