Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Palin: US law should be based on the Bible and the 10 commandments

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    @Bible Spice.

I guess it didn't occur to Palin that if we created a society & laws based on the Bible then women would have no legal rights and she wouldn't be able to work or make her own money.

And if the founders were so concerned about creating a Christian theocracy then why did people like Thomas Jefferson insist on a separation of church and state.
    It's because of the 18th century equivalent of people like Sarah Palin that Jefferson and the other founding fathers pushed for separation of church and state.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11-12)
    You know, if it would shut her up I'd almost consider it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I don't know...some Christians actually believe that women are equal to men...but that's what a few of them? Anyways I am not really shocked by her comments.

^^^
    some individual christians might believe that but it's not what the bible says.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I say don't let 'em cherry pick. If they want Bible rule, let's go all the way. The first one on the chopping block will be Palin herself.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

How did Sarah Palin make it so far in politics without knowing anything about US history or government?
    It's like she's living her life with no information at all, but instead just bluffing her way through as she goes along.
    As Palin is a successful person with lots of money, and yet has no qualifications for her very public position, her role in this life is clearly fated and she is an example of predestination.
    Sarah Palin is the example I will now use for my argument on why we have no free will.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

I'm without sin! *picks up rocks*
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by Little Goon View Post
    How did Sarah Palin make it so far in politics without knowing anything about US history or government?
    It's like she's living her life with no information at all, but instead just bluffing her way through as she goes along.
    As Palin is a successful person with lots of money, and yet has no qualifications for her very public position, her role in this life is clearly fated and she is an example of predestination.
    Sarah Palin is the example I will now use for my argument on why we have no free will.
    She hasn't made it far in politics at all. Half a term as gov and that's about it. Now she's a pundit for Fox, not exactly great on the political CV.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm without sin! *picks up rocks*
    *picks up boulder*

--Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Goon View Post
    Because all she ran for was mayor of a tiny town and then Gov. of Alaska. In the governor's race, she ran on "charm" and being an outsider against opponents who were either bad on TV and/or gave the appearance of being a party hack.

Then the righty commentators and the McCain staffers had a hard on for her (probably literally), and the rest is history.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information