Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

The only conspiracy going on against Palin is common sense.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And as far as I can see, the timeline is the conspiracy theorist's recap of the expense reports. Where is the link to the expense reports themselves? Where did the person get them? I'd like to see them for comparison purposes. If they are public information, as you've mentioned, why don't they show the basis for how they compiled the reports?
    If you're so worried about information from the expense reports, why don't you dig them up and look at them yourself? Do you not know how to search for something? Do other people have to do all the work for you?

^ Of course he does. He's the typical dumb republican.

It does look "off". This is what bothers me-someone could bird dog my actions over months and draw wild conclusions that were no where near the truth. I think they could in all of our lives. Still,the flying home in labor thing-particularly,since she was already in Texas,where there are some of the best neonatel clinics in the world. To leave baby experts behind and travel past Provedence Hospial in Anchorage(also with excellent care) out to the sticks to deliver a Downs baby with known health risks, is either staggeringly stupid (we have to remember who we are dealing with) or cold blooded plotting-no worries for the babe,he being already safe. Good lord.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It always does come back to why the hell would she deliver the speech, hop on the plane for a long trip and then bypass a number of hospitals when her water had already broken. It defies logic. But, as has been pointed out, it is Palin so...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I'm a democrat. What's with the insults?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    If you're so worried about information from the expense reports, why don't you dig them up and look at them yourself? Do you not know how to search for something? Do other people have to do all the work for you?

When someone like this blogger is making a case, the obligation is on him/her to properly source it so that we can see where things are coming from. Not to make all the readers run around and cross verify what she says.
    Last edited by Tati; March 2nd, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Not necessary, and not allowed.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Anchorage Daily News lists the trips for which Palin has to reimburse the state. Perhaps this would clear up things:
    9 trips Gov. Palin took with her children: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

Governor to pay for 10th childrens' trip: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

When someone like this blogger is making a case, the obligation is on him/her to properly source it so that we can see where things are coming from. Not to make all the readers run around and cross verify what she says.
    You forget that a lot of Alaskans have read and looked at the material since it is available publicly. "This blogger" probably just assumes that some of those reading the material will actually be familiar with the situation instead of resorting to a reflexive "I don't believe this" stance every time new information is available that punches holes in Sarah Palin's stance that she is Trig's mother.

The kids travel/expense statements are here (pdf). Have fun flipping through all 142 pages.

You forget that a lot of Alaskans have read and looked at the material since it is available publicly. "This blogger" probably just assumes that some of those reading the material will actually be familiar with the situation instead of resorting to a reflexive "I don't believe this" stance every time new information is available that punches holes in Sarah Palin's stance that she is Trig's mother.

The kids travel/expense statements are here (pdf). Have fun flipping through all 142 pages.

It's my habit to not believe something preposterous until somebody has proven it fairly conclusively. I have looked through the travel reports that were just linked. They don't mean a lot (people get dates and notes in travel records wrong all the time, despite their best efforts) unless you corroborate them with the photos (assembled by the blogger and hosted on her Flickr account). And the photos, as I've said before, often don't show sources, rarely if ever provide links, and even have the blogger guessing at the dates on at least one of them. In addition to that, it seems fairly safe to assume that this blogger is predisposed to comparing a timeline and photos, looking for the holes, and then filling in the gaps with suppositions that they must support the blogger's argument.

If the blogger really wants to get to the bottom of things, and punch a permanent hole in Palin's story, they should probably rappel into the records room of the Matsu Hospital and rummage through their files until they find the documents of who was treated as an obstetrics delivery patient there - Sarah or Bristol. No guts, no glory.

It's my habit to not believe something preposterous until somebody has proven it fairly conclusively. I have looked through the travel reports that were just linked. They don't mean a lot (people get dates and notes in travel records wrong all the time, despite their best efforts) unless you corroborate them with the photos (assembled by the blogger and hosted on her Flickr account). And the photos, as I've said before, often don't show sources, rarely if ever provide links, and even have the blogger guessing at the dates on at least one of them. In addition to that, it seems fairly safe to assume that this blogger is predisposed to comparing a timeline and photos, looking for the holes, and then filling in the gaps with suppositions that they must support the blogger's argument.

If the blogger really wants to get to the bottom of things, and punch a permanent hole in Palin's story, they should probably rappel into the records room of the Matsu Hospital and rummage through their files until they find the documents of who was treated as an obstetrics delivery patient there - Sarah or Bristol. No guts, no glory.
    So basically people should resort to breaking the law now? Clearly, you can't refute what's in the expense statements, so you'd rather be in denial about it.

Even if there was a flub or two within the expense reports, say they were off a day, however unlikely given that there is a paper trail for compiling these, you miss what the expense statements do prove: that Bristol wasn't traveling around the state like her sisters were in late '07 and early '08. Exactly the time she would have been pregnant with Trig.

Bristol didn't go back to school after the New Year's '08. She wasn't traveling around the state, even though her mother had no problem dragging her around previously. And why exactly is that?

So basically people should resort to breaking the law now? Clearly, you can't refute what's in the expense statements, so you'd rather be in denial about it.

Even if there was a flub or two within the expense reports, say they were off a day, however unlikely given that there is a paper trail for compiling these, you miss what the expense statements do prove: that Bristol wasn't traveling around the state like her sisters were in late '07 and early '08. Exactly the time she would have been pregnant with Trig.

Bristol didn't go back to school after the New Year's '08. She wasn't traveling around the state, even though her mother had no problem dragging her around previously. And why exactly is that?
    Just because someone isn't traveling doesn't mean they are pregnant. It seems like there may be kind of a rift between Bristol and Sarah given Bristol's comments on abstinence and other relation issues lately. It could be that they had a huge blowout and they were away from each other for a while.

Just because someone isn't traveling doesn't mean they are pregnant. It seems like there may be kind of a rift between Bristol and Sarah given Bristol's comments on abstinence and other relation issues lately. It could be that they had a huge blowout and they were away from each other for a while.
    Your denial is hilarious. They "had a falling out?" This is a mother and daughter, not best friends. Good grief. Do you think Bristol stopped attending high school in '07/'08, where all her friends are because she had a falling out with her mother? Seriously, your entire rationale goes like this:

Bristol: I'm giving up my entire life to live in seclusion for months just because of you! So there mommy!

Sarah: Fine!

Your denial is hilarious. They "had a falling out?" This is a mother and daughter, not best friends. Good grief. Do you think Bristol stopped attending high school in '07/'08, where all her friends are because she had a falling out with her mother? Seriously, your entire rationale goes like this:

Bristol: I'm giving up my entire life to live in seclusion for months just because of you! So there mommy!

Sarah: Fine!

And where's the "hard proof" for the falling out, huh?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And where's the "hard proof" for the falling out, huh?
    Exactly!

Thread Information