Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

Oh I forgot to add- My mum gave birth to me when she was 7 months (almost 8 months give or take a week) - I weighed in at 3 pounds and 3 ounces, this baby weighed over 6 pounds and she looked hardly pregnant. I dont believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i think she's an asshole; lack of sun light has deadened her brains
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Hit By Ban Bus!

i am trying to keep an open mind. the comments i have read about why she didn't announce her pregnancy early on make sense, she didn't want the public or any of her nay-sayers trying to make it look like she couldn't do her job because she was pregnant. she would have been under extra scrunity the whole nine months, instead of just a couple at the end. everytime she would have looked tired, been 15 min. late to a meeting, etc, people would have questioned her ability to be the gov. of alaska, which people already questioned cuz she is a mother with young kids.

i saw the video of when she is 7 months pregnant, and i'm sorry, but it does look like she is trying to hide something under that brown jacket. she is not very big, but she was bigger around the middle then nicole kidman was, and people believe she had her baby.

as far as waiting to have the baby in alaska, her water had not officially broken, she was leaking fluid. the woman had already had 4 babies, she knew what she was doing, or at least felt pretty damn sure of it by then. she had been experiencing minor contractions for awhile, and her doctor told her she would be okay.

everyone is just very quick to jump on this scandal, and i think it would be more prudent to see what she has to say about any of this. the woman is not stupid, i can't see her accepting the vp nomination if she had this huge skeleton in the background. (but then again, john edwards thought he could get away with it).

This is supposed to push people away from Obama?

Lmfao. No. I actually though McCain had a chance with Palin, but after reading several of her latest controversies. No fucking way.

She could have at least used a Katie Holmes pillow FFS.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    But the woman who played volleyball wasnt high risk- This baby has Down Syndrome, many babies with this condition are prone to infections and have heart defects- and thats not accounting her age. And she was stupid to risk her life of her baby especially- I think the majority of most OB GYN would say get to a hospital straight away.
    The point is, every woman is different and reacts to birth, high risk or not, differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Too bad the photo doesn't agree with the timeline of Trig's birth.
    Last edited by Tati; August 31st, 2008 at 07:29 PM.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    What evidence? You're basing evidence on photos? How many Hollywood celebs on this site have we seen who don't even look pregnant at nine months? Did you know that her son, Trig, was barely 6 pound when born? So yeah, for such a small baby, that picture looks like a woman who hasn't gained much weight.
    I'm no expert on being pregnant, so I'll ask a question to anyone who has been. Would she be showing at 7 months at her age and after 4 babies already?

But either way, stop complaining. This is a gossip board. WTF else are we meant to do? And dont bother bringing Michelle Obama into this discussion - She hasnt been pregnant lately. When she fakes a pregnancy, then we can argue about it.

Democrats can't understand how a middle-aged woman can have both a career and a family, especially one that includes a baby with Down Syndrome
    That's not even the main issue. The issue is that she appears to be lying about her pregnancy and she is mothering her grandchild as her own. I don't even think the major issue here is that the child has down syndrome - it's the fact she lied.
    ssabmud

what other shady stuff? im sure there is shady stuff b/c a) i dont trust repugs, especially repug women and b) i dont trust pro-life women!
    EXACTLY!!!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    The point is, every woman is different and reacts to birth, high risk or not, differently.

But if it was you - in that position would you react that way?
    I wouldnt, I was born with a disability and my mother went straight to the hospital when her waters broke- she didnt experience regular contractions until much later but she went straight to the hospital and her labour was one of the most difficult one she had due complications - I was a breech birth and it was too late to do a C-Section although they were prepping for one.

Palin had probably about 8 hours travel time and thats not including the drive to her home town to deliver her baby- ANYTHING could have gone wrong she was gambling with the health of her child and it was irresponsible.

Gold Member

what other shady stuff? im sure there is shady stuff b/c a) i dont trust repugs, especially repug women and b) i dont trust pro-life women!
    Google news for Sarah Palin's wiki page; it's been massively edited in the past couple days, including editing out comments where she expressed agreement with Obama on an issue.

someone alert conservapedia! there's bias on the loose!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ Ugh, fucking politicians

this is exactly why I LIKE OBAMA SO MUCH.

Hit By Ban Bus!

DailyKos Embraces The Palin 'Fake Pregnancy' Rumor But Rejects The Edwards Story

Its the wackiest rumor about Sarah Palin or any other politician so far this election. It's making it's way all through the internet. And of course it came from DailyKos.

Let's hear from noted reporter ArcXIX, following up on story by the widely respected Inky99...
    Well, Sarah, I'm calling you a liar. And not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better.
    Daily Kos: Sarah Palin Is NOT The Mother [Photos+Video]

The whole story is based on an insulting view of fundamentalist Christians; that they'd be so freaked out by a teenage pregnancy that they'd have the Governor -- the most highly visible and public women in the small fishbowl of Alaska -- fake a pregnancy to cover up the sins her of daughter Bristol.

That diary got 'rec'd' -- voted as one of the 'Best Of' on DailyKos.

The diary is uncited, breathless, and spins a story that's totally far-fetched. Without going through the whole hot mess point by point, I'll mention that no doctors, nurses, hospital workers or other patients have come forward to say anything was amiss. Plus, there's this picture.

The irony for me, of course, is that despite making over fifty short political videos with a clear progressive point of view, I was banned on DailyKos for saying that it seemed reasonable that John Edwards was seen at the Beverly Hilton late at night.

To be sure, some on DailyKos pointed up the numerous problems with the Palin story. But 'the community' in large part embraced it and it's part of a trend...

The election hasn't even been won yet and there's already a liberal hubris developing. Progressive standard bearers such as DailyKos and Keith Olbermann have been showing signs lately of a nasty tendency towards stifling dissenting opinions and promoting the sort of crazy rumors usually associated with the right then the reality based community.

It's not effective, it's not progressive, and it's not a good or accurate reflection on Barack Obama or the Democratic party.

Update: There's a weird pivot on this story. What started as 'she wasn't pregnant!' is morphing into Palin getting attacked for her choice (after talking to her doctor) to go back home to Alaska after her amniotic fluid began a small leak.

Two points. First, nothing bad happened - her judgment in this case worked out just fine. In fact, the baby had to be induced. Second, people LOVE to spout off about other women's birth choices.

Lee Stranahan: DailyKos Embraces The Palin 'Fake Pregnancy' Rumor But Rejects The Edwards Story

OMG, Huffington Post is defending a conservative. Hell had just frozen over.

Thread Information