Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1696

Thread: The official 2008 American Election thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I don't consider myself liberal or conservative. I truly am right in the middle.

I know people can change. I have.

If I may hijack the thread for just a second:

I was vocally opposed to gay marriage, which can be seen in some of my older posts. Over the last few weeks, I have listened to the other side, including the eloquent and honest posts from gay people here on the board. I never thought I would ever think of supporting gay marriage, but now, I can't see myself supporting oppression and the disregard for someone's civil rights, especially one based on the most precious of human emotions. Love.

This is why I support open discussion. Yes, the debates get heated and people get pissed, but if even one mind can be changed, isn't it worth it?
    Thank you for your honesty and your open mind. The world would be a much nicer place is everyone took the time to listen as you did.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i have stereotypes like this shit. its my experience (and maybe its cuz of my generation im in) that they're all wrong anyways. you'd be suprised what really happens behind closed doors my friends.

anyways, i love Michelle, to me - she seems like his equal, like he called her last nite in his speech - she is his best friend. and best friends are equals.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Thank you for your honesty and your open mind. The world would be a much nicer place is everyone took the time to listen as you did.
    I will always have an open mind and open ears. I'm not always right, and can admit that.

i hate that guy ^

Good afternoon, everyone.

STILL crying every hour or so whenever I stop and think about this historic landmark we've all been a part of. I'm so unbelievably proud... prouder than I've been in a very long time. I have hope, not only for America, but for myself too and change will be a theme I will try to apply to my own life now that this opportunity has been given to us.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Nader has really turned into a bitter old man.
    Word. And I don't think he was ever particularly pleasant, OR relevant.

His sister is a huge bitch too. She's a shrink, lol, and a lousy one. I had a horrible encounter with her once. What a troll.

I despise Fox News but somehow, I have a big soft spot for Shepard Smith. So I'm pleased as punch to hear he dissed Nader.

I'm over the moon about Obama but am coming to terms with the sad realization that misogyny and homophobia are the two last frontiers of twisted thinking in this country, and we have such a long way to go towards overcoming them. I'm hoping that with Obama in office, perhaps we can speed the process up a little. Last night, watching African-Americans everywhere weeping with happiness over Obama's victory (and so was I) I got a momentary vision of how I'll feel if I ever see a woman elected President. Not that I think it'll happen in my lifetime, but ya never know. A couple of years ago, I would've said THIS could never happen but here it is! I still keep thinking I'm gonna wake up...
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Word. And I don't think he was ever particularly pleasant, OR relevant.

His sister is a huge bitch too. She's a shrink, lol, and a lousy one. I had a horrible encounter with her once. What a troll.

I despise Fox News but somehow, I have a big soft spot for Shepard Smith. So I'm pleased as punch to hear he dissed Nader.

I'm over the moon about Obama but am coming to terms with the sad realization that misogyny and homophobia are the two last frontiers of twisted thinking in this country, and we have such a long way to go towards overcoming them. I'm hoping that with Obama in office, perhaps we can speed the process up a little. Last night, watching African-Americans everywhere weeping with happiness over Obama's victory (and so was I) I got a momentary vision of how I'll feel if I ever see a woman elected President. Not that I think it'll happen in my lifetime, but ya never know. A couple of years ago, I would've said THIS could never happen but here it is! I still keep thinking I'm gonna wake up...

You know that's the beauty of this election. It has shattered the ultimate color barrier. Also, the fact that people voted for Sarah Palin shows that people ARE ready for a female president. Now that Obama has shattered the racial barrier I don't see why it would be that hard to elect a female president if her qualifications are good enough. Truly anyone regardless of color or gender can one day aspire to be president.

I too agree about the homophobia and in another post expressed how sad I was that proposition 8 was supported so strongly in the African American community.

In Obama's opening line of his acceptance speech I thought it was wondrous that he mentioned gays along with other races in terms of what it means to be united as Americans. But again I agree that it's sad that homophobia knows no color bounds.

Jesse Jackson might be sincere in his tears, but i think he's upset it isnt him that is going to be president.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The next person who posts a Jesse Jackoff pic will be exiled to Wasilla!

I'm surprised Al Sharpton wasn't out in the crowd somewhere.

I think Barack would be wise to not have and photo ops with Jesse Jackson.

I'm sorry but Jesse Jackson irritates the hell out of me.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post

I can't imagine what he must have been feeling. This was a man who was there when Martin Luther King was assassinated. He was there on Bloody Sunday. I mean...were I him and had witnessed what he had I'd have probably been in the fetal position.

oops. I guess I'm exiled.

Jesse Jackoff

Isn't he's also a man who (crudely) said he wanted to castrate Obama? And called New York City "hymietown?"

please stop, i fucking hate jesse, he cant rain on my obama parade!!!

Thread Information