Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colin Powell to Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney: It's MY party

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, just letting himself be used and then publically supporting Dumbya's middle east retard misadventures while whispering "misgivings" in a tiny voice that even Britney Spears's dietician could top while she was cramming herself at the buffet.

really, a blot on his record? a blot? he sold his SOUL and was partly responsible for the murder of 100,000 people or so along with the rest of them
    Sorry, but I don't agree with that. It was widely known even before Powell left the State Department that he had major clashes with Rumsfeld and Rice and others of their hawkish persuasion before the war, over the conduct of the war, and after the toppling of Hussein/occupation. He didn't obsequiously bend over and endorse every crazy idea that Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld had, or he wouldn't have been pushed out of the Administration as early as he had been.

Obviously, he is accountable for the PR campaign to persuade the international community to agree to a multilateral invasion and occupation of Iraq, but I don't think it makes him a murderer. It's definitely possible that I'm wrong, but I don't believe that any of the international organizations that wish to charge various Bush Administration officials with war crimes related to Iraq have included Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Powell stood by for 8 years and supported the Bush ASSministration. Now the walls are crumbling and he wants to clear his conscience. NO! He kissed the Repub ass to climb the ladder.

Yes, as Powell says, the GOP is in shambles, but that is what happens when idiots are allowed to run amok. He can not disassociate from the group he assisted and supported.

Too little, too late. I think is is hilarious the party he sold out too is reminding him he is not the type of face they want representing them.
    He didn't serve with Bush for 8 years. He was only part of the Administration until 2005. And he basically stopped publicly supporting Bush on Iraq in 2005.

^^Ok, he supported Bush for 3 years less. My mistake. So he should thirty-eight percent less reviled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information