Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John McCain/Sarah Palin supporters on Barack Obama: "Terrorist! KILL HIM! Treason!"

Exclamation John McCain/Sarah Palin supporters on Barack Obama: "Terrorist! KILL HIM! Treason!"

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | McCain: "Who Is The Real Barack Obama?" McCain Supporter: "Terrorist!"
    McCain: "Who Is The Real Barack Obama?" McCain Supporter: "Terrorist!"

By Greg Sargent - October 6, 2008, 5:37PM
    After John McCain delivered the central question of his speech today -- "Who is the real Barack Obama?" -- the first, and loudest, supporter seems to yell:
    "Terrorist!"
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjf0NlfO73M[/youtube]
    That's what John Aravosis and Marc Ambinder heard, and it does sound like it.
    McCain seemed to pause, and didn't denounce the epithet. [It sounds like people are laughing.] I'd argue that there's no way to arrive at a conclusive answer as to whether he heard it or not, short of asking him and getting a frank answer. McCain could have been pausing to admire the pith and artfulness of his smear, or to bask in the adulation it brought. And McCain is not responsible for what some whackjob yells at his rally.
    That said, the moment is uncomfortably revealing: McCain is now dabbling in the tactics employed in the most viral smears of Obama, if not to the same degree. No honest observer would dispute that McCain's speech today was about sowing fears of Obama as a risky, unknown, and vaguely sinister "other," and this supporter, at least, read the subtext, intended or not, loud and clear. And when McCain delivered that line there was a gratified, even visceral roar from McCain supporters, as if this attack -- fear the alien in our midst! -- was the gloves-off moment they'd been waiting for.
    In Fla., Palin Goes for the Rough Stuff as Audience Boos Obama

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin gestures during a campaign speech on Oct. 6, 2008 in Clearwater, Fla. (Chris O'Meara/Associated Press)

By Dana Milbank
    CLEARWATER, Fla. -- "Okay, so Florida, you know that you're going to have to hang onto your hats," Sarah Palin told a rally of a few thousand here this morning, "because from now until Election Day it may get kind of rough."
    You betcha. And the person dishing out the roughest stuff at the moment is Sarah Palin.
    "I was reading my copy of the New York Times the other day," she said.
    "Booooo!" replied the crowd.
    "I knew you guys would react that way, okay," she continued. "So I was reading the New York Times and I was really interested to read about Barack's friends from Chicago."
    It was time to revive the allegation, made over the weekend, that Obama "pals around" with terrorists, in this case Bill Ayers, late of the Weather Underground. Many independent observers say Palin's allegations are a stretch; Obama served on a Chicago charitable board with Ayers, now an education professor, and has condemned his past activities.
    "Now it turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers," Palin said.
    "Boooo!" said the crowd.
    "And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,'" she continued.
    "Boooo!" the crowd repeated.
    "Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.
    Palin went on to say that "Obama held one of the first meetings of his political career in Bill Ayers's living room, and they've worked together on various projects in Chicago." Here, Palin began to connect the dots. "These are the same guys who think that patriotism is paying higher taxes -- remember that's what Joe Biden had said. "And" -- she paused and sighed -- "I am just so fearful that this is not a man who sees America the way you and I see America, as the greatest force for good in the world. I'm afraid this is someone who sees America as 'imperfect enough' to work with a former domestic terrorist who had targeted his own country."

"Boooo!" said the audience.
    Posted at 11:57 AM ET on Oct 6, 2008 | Category: Battlegrounds
    Last edited by lurkur; October 7th, 2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Edited to add the ignorant "Treason!" remark on 10/7/08.

charming people.

Could she be wearing any more tranny foundation? Holy shit.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I have to say she had way too much blush on
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Trash.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

What a contradiction. They boo and yell for a man accused of being a terrorist to be killed. Wouldn't a riotous lynch mob be domestic terrorists at work.

This election is an embarrassment.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

John McSame should be banished from politics and his little harpy attack dog should be banished to a moose lodge. They are truly disgusting and the people who are at those rallies are almost as bad. He is pandering to the racist base and he should burn in hell for it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Where the hell are the Secret Service? They should have taken the man who yelled, "kill him!" into custody on the spot.

This is seriously it for me. I honestly tried to give these people the benefit of a doubt, but no longer. These republicans with their so-called family values and moral grandstanding are truly the foulest people on the earth. They don't even deserve to call themselves human beings, much less Americans. And for someone to read something like this and only comment on how much blush Palin has on makes you all the more despicable.....yes, I'm talking to you cupcake.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Where the hell are the Secret Service? They should have taken the man who yelled, "kill him!" into custody on the spot.

A good point we all should have picked up on. Isn't it illegal to even say something like that about a presidential candidate?

Yup. Just checked. It's against federal law to threaten to kill a presidential candidate. I say they hunt the little fucker down and throw his ass in jail.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Whats interesting if someone shouted to kill McCain or Palin- I bet the reactions would be entirely different. Shes a piece of work and if she had any decency she would have reprimanded that guy- by ignoring it she is condoning that sentiment. And I agree where was the Secret Service?

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    He is pandering to the racist base and he should burn in hell for it.
    Well said.

These two could not get more disgusting if they tried. They lie, they lie about their lying, they smile as if everything's fine and dandy with trying to brand someone a TERRORIST. How bout they are the terrorists? Trying to inflict fear, just like all Republicans do so close to election day.

You know, whether Obama or Mccain wins, I'm a firm believer in karma. And Mccain and Palin have something very special coming to them for stating these beyond ignorant things. Let's not forget Mccain's ad where he basically tried to pin Obama as a fucking pedophile.

Karma is a bitch.

Well said.

These two could not get more disgusting if they tried. They lie, they lie about their lying, they smile as if everything's fine and dandy with trying to brand someone a TERRORIST. How bout they are the terrorists? Trying to inflict fear, just like all Republicans do so close to election day.

You know, whether Obama or Mccain wins, I'm a firm believer in karma. And Mccain and Palin have something very special coming to them for stating these beyond ignorant things. Let's not forget Mccain's ad where he basically tried to pin Obama as a fucking pedophile.

Karma is a bitch.

Well said.

Karma is a bitch.

Well said.

Karma is a bitch.

It's unfortunate that the McCain campaign is encouraging and not discouraging this type of attitude. They should be ashamed of themselves.

ROFL. Who the fuck boos because someone reads the New York Times, one of the last respected newspapers out there?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information