Thread: LGBTQdollar.com

Default LGBTQdollar.com

LGBTQdollar.com is a way for queer and allied people to show, as they are spending their money that they support equality for LGBTQ people. Over time, we will start to see our LGBTQ dollars in circulation, which will raise awareness for our causes like full, federal civil rights.

Please participate and can also join the Facebook event: Login | Facebook

Before you spend your cash, write LGBTQdollar.com on the front and back as pictured below.

Why not?

I'll do it with an ultra fine point sharpie here and there.

Is it legal to deface your tender?

ETA: Ah!
    The law defines 'illegal' defacement as defacement that renders bills unfit to be re-issued. For the legal details from the*U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, please Click Here.
    Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service. The United States Secret Service web address is www.secretservice.gov.
    I guess that the aim is to encourage the recirculation of the cash & that's why this doesn't apply.
    Last edited by Novice; December 30th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

As long as it does not make the money unusable, why not...

..although I would hope that this kind of thing would not catch on..I don't want to get money with all kinds of different crap written all over it...

Jesus Saves!
    PETA!
    Roll Tide!
    Pedo's unite!

Ya know? where will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Is it legal to deface your tender?
    I would guess it would get taken out of use if it gets too bad.
    Last edited by Tati; December 30th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.

The money is YOURS. Reclaim it. Power to the people! It'll be fun competition.

It's just paper. HAHA! It'll be meaningless, which it is, we're the ones who give it meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    As long as it does not make the money unusable, why not...

..although I would hope that this kind of thing would not catch on..I don't want to get money with all kinds of different crap written all over it...

Jesus Saves!
    PETA!
    Roll Tide!
    Pedo's unite!

Ya know? where will it end?

I would guess it would get taken out of use if it gets too bad.

I will be putting ROLL TIDE on every bill I spend now, thanks Sojiita
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Soj, the point is awareness. If people start seeing that ~teh gayz~ are spending normal money at normal stores like normal people, the "other" stigma will lessen and, hopefully, go away completely someday. TEAM GAY MONEY!!!
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

The bit that the OP didn't post was about spending this money at Gay UNfriendly places. Personally I don't see the point in that, I wouldn't want to spend ANY of my hard earned money at somewhere that despised me for my sexuality just as I wouldn't spend my money anywhere that despised my gender, colour or race.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

You don't have to. But the actual bills will probably make their way to these places eventually if enough of them are out there.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well, I went through my billfold today and wrote that in wee little script on my cash.

Unfortunately, it did not take long

For as long as I can remember there has always been a bit of writing on cash every once in a blue moon. Anyone else notice that during the course of their day?

Thread Information