Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin closer than ever to running for POTUS

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Sarah Palin closer than ever to running for POTUS

Sarah Palin says she would run for President in 2012 if she believes it is the right thing to do for the country and her family. While it wasn't quite her folksy "You betcha," Palin left the door wide open for her political future Sunday.
    "I think it would be absurd to not consider what it is that I can potentially do to help our country," Palin told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday," during her first appearance on a Sunday show.
    "I won't close the door that perhaps could be open for me in the future," she added.
    The former Republican vice presidential candidate was in Nashville, Tennessee this weekend for the inaugural National Tea Party Convention, where she gave a keynote speech to the grassroots activists. While many see her as the leader of the movement, Palin says "Tea Party-ers don't believe that they need some kind of well-oiled machine," but they do have "common sense solutions that we want our politicians to consider and to implement."

HURT: SARAH'S TEA TALK SOUNDS PRESIDENTIAL
    "This is much bigger than a hockey mom from Wasilla. It's much bigger than any charismatic guy with a teleprompter. It is the people's movement. It's about the people and I'm proud to be a part of this," Palin said.
    Pressed about the relationship between the Republican Party and the Tea Party movement, and whether the grassroots movement should become a third party, Palin suggested the two should be compatible.
    "The two are and should be even more so merging because the Tea Party movement is quite reflective of what the GOP, the planks in the platform are supposed to be about. Limited government and more freedom, more respect for equality. That's what the Tea Party movement is about, so I think that the two are much entwined."
    Palin specifically called for Attorney General Eric Holder and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel to step down for "giving our president wrong advice."
    According to Palin, President Obama won't be re-elected if he continues on his current path. She predicted "if the election were today, I do not think Obama would be re-elected," however, if he "played the war card," by declaring war on Iran or showing stronger support for Israel, he might convince voters that he is tougher than they think on national security.
    "If he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and our allies. I think people would perhaps shift their thinking a little bit and decide, well, maybe he's tougher than we think he is today. And there wouldn't be as much passion to make sure that he doesn't serve another four years."
    No matter her ultimate decision to run for the presidency, Palin says she will continue to be the voice for common sense solutions. "I want to speak up for the American people and say, no, we really do have some good common-sense solutions. I can be a messenger for that. Don't have to have a title to do it."

Read more: Palin 'won't close door' on presidential bid - NYPOST.com
    On one hand I'd love for her to run because it would be great fun watching her get ripped apart. Then again, the morons that seem to be growing in number across the States would probably vote her dumb ass in.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

According to Palin, President Obama won't be re-elected if he continues on his current path. She predicted "if the election were today, I do not think Obama would be re-elected," however, if he "played the war card," by declaring war on Iran or showing stronger support for Israel, he might convince voters that he is tougher than they think on national security.
    "If he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and our allies. I think people would perhaps shift their thinking a little bit and decide, well, maybe he's tougher than we think he is today. And there wouldn't be as much passion to make sure that he doesn't serve another four years."
    Say what?

You stupid bitch reading crib notes off her palm like a 5 year old.. played the war card? That's what you think is missing? More war?

Oh honey please run. Please.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I was just going to say that she better grow a couple of extra hands if she's going to run.

I wish I knew how to embed things, because SNL had a hilarious "apology" from Rahm Emanuel (via Adam Sandberg) last night.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

"I think it would be absurd to not consider what it is that I can potentially do to help our country,"
    Renouncing her citizenship would potentially help the country, too. Maybe she needs to consider that. And she didn't mention anything about the economy or jobs, she just wants more wars.

I'm counting down the days until she runs for president and falls flat on her face again.

"I think it would be absurd to not consider what it is that I can potentially do to help our country," Palin told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday," during her first appearance on a Sunday show.
    Yet she refuses to consider shutting the fuck up and going away.

Here's a link to the SNL skit...

Saturday Night Live - Rahm Emanuel - Video - NBC.com
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I can see Rahm saying all of this.

'You come after me on Facebook? What are you 14?' Go back to the tundra you fucking gimmick.'

I'm incredulous that she has any shred of credibility left. With anyone. She doesn't with me.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Go over to some of the conservative sites and you'll read loads of comments from people who seem to think she's 'real' and a 'real American' and yes, that we need a revolution.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If the US houses enough citizens willing to elect this idiot, who's not even
    able to run her own family, into office then it deserves all the disasters that
    will, without a doubt, be a result of that election.
    I know that my family would NOT return to the US until that troll was gone,
    whether voluntarily or whether somebody made her leave.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

It must feel odd to be in the Republican leadership right now. I doubt most of them want SP to be their candidate in 2012, but they can't afford to talk smack about her and alienate voters. I wonder what they will do if she becomes a serious contender? I wonder if they'll find a way to take her out...

There's no way she will get the nomination from the Republican party. It's not going to happen. They won't publicly degrade her or make disparaging comments about her, but they WILL quietly make damn sure she is not on the ticket.

But honestly, I don't even think they will have to pull strings or do anything shady behind the scenes to make sure it doesn't happen. I don't think that she has much support, even from Republicans. Most Republicans even feel that she's too controversial to be a credible candidate, and we need someone solid in the 2012 election. I don't know any Republicans who want to take the risk of putting her on the ticket and basically throwing away all chances of a win.

They are as afraid of her as they are of Limbaugh, and so long as Michael Steele is the face of the party, it's going to be a very long haul for any Republican recovery. They will pick up some seats, mostly because (like in Mass.) people are voting against their own interests because they don't think change is happening quickly enough.

Solid republicans? LOL

All they have left are teabaggers and retards.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information