Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mormons baptised Pres. Obama's mother after she died without his consent

Exclamation Mormons baptised Pres. Obama's mother after she died without his consent

A Provo, Utah newspaper has confirmed our earlier story - a Mormon geneological Web site does in fact list President Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, as having been baptized into the Mormon faith after her death (and presumably without her, or her son's, consent). The Mormon church has yet to confirm to numerous reporters' inquiries whether they did in fact baptize the President's dead mother last year in the middle of the presidential campaign. If true, and it's looking increasingly likely, this could cause the Mormons quite a bit of trouble politically and in the public relations sphere.

Still unanswered is whether the Mormons also baptized Obama's father.

More from the Provo Herald Extra:

At the same time that Barack Obama sealed the Democratic nomination for president last year, someone in the Provo LDS Church temple was performing a baptism and temple rites for his dead mother.

The move is a serious breech of protocol for church members, who in the past have been criticized for performing such proxy baptisms for victims of the Holocaust.

"Church members are specifically instructed not to submit the names of persons not related to them," reads a statement on the LDS Chuch Web site. "Before performing temple baptisms for a deceased family member born within the last 95 years, members are instructed to get permission from the person's closest living relative."

Officials of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have yet to confirm the incident, but records on their FamilySearch.org genealogical site clearly show that Stanley Ann Dunham received proxy rites in the Provo temple on June 4 and June 8 of 2008. The birth and death dates of the person for whom the rites were performed match those of Obama's mother.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Well then.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

They do that do everyone, collecting and pouring over official death records, doing Mormon rain dances and chants over the names of the non-Mormon dead. Guess they have nothing better to do.

This would piss me off no end.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was raised Catholic; when my father was in the hospital dying, one of my uncles (his brother), who had several years before become a born-again Christian, asked one of my brothers if we would like his pastor to come in and see my dad. My oldest brother, a staunch Catholic himself, said no, we will have a priest of our own religion come in. The next day as we arrive at the hospital, we hear voices in my dad's room; my uncle went ahead and brought in his pastor, as well as a few ither members of his church, to pray around my dad's bedside. Needless to say, my brother was pissed. I realize my uncle meant no harm, but the bottom line is he asked, the family declined, but he still did it anyway.

Elite Member

With any luck, the personal connection will get his attention. How obnoxious are the LDS....

Bronze Member

How does one baptize a dead person? Wasn't being alive and consenting to it a requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I was raised Catholic; when my father was in the hospital dying, one of my uncles (his brother), who had several years before become a born-again Christian, asked one of my brothers if we would like his pastor to come in and see my dad. My oldest brother, a staunch Catholic himself, said no, we will have a priest of our own religion come in. The next day as we arrive at the hospital, we hear voices in my dad's room; my uncle went ahead and brought in his pastor, as well as a few ither members of his church, to pray around my dad's bedside. Needless to say, my brother was pissed. I realize my uncle meant no harm, but the bottom line is he asked, the family declined, but he still did it anyway.
    Wow! I don't blame your family for being mad. A born-again pastor and members of their church holding some prayer-meeting over a Catholic's bed? If your father was at all cognizant, it could have made him worse if he knew it was going on.

Elite Member

They need to STOP! Maybe if we start post-mortem converting their dead family members to like Taoism or Islam they'll get the picture... seriously!

It gives them a chance at afterlife. It happens all the time. Stupid if you ask me but they believe they can be converted after they die
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Maybe Muslims could start converting Mormons to Islam without their consent and they could see what it felt like?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Maybe Muslims could start converting Mormons to Islam without their consent and they could see what it felt like?
    I'm converting Joseph Smith to Islam!

I'm so not surprised they did this. Ironic, since Utah went for McCain though...

Next time LDS comes to my door, I'll say I'm converting after I die.

Elite Member

Presumably God knows the counterfeit baptisms from the genuine baptisms.

That's a bit rude

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information