Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree860Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

czb

i don't think i could watch anything with her in it.

i started watching a dylan docu on netflix. it is 15 years old and i didn't know it existed. i think i need to crawl out from under my rock.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    just started watching 'the serpent', about serial killer charles sobhraj who murdered a bunch of hippies in asia in the 1970s. i'm only one and a half episodes in but so far it's great. i had never heard of this guy but a friend recommended i watch the show because turns out the dutch diplomat's wife (the couple who helped crack the case) went on to become UN high representative for disarmament affairs and we knew her professionally. and i had no idea about it or that she'd been instrumental in cracking the case.
    Ha, coincidentally my husband wanted to watch this so we did and then it sounded familiar--I just now went back and found this post. To say, I am really liking it. We're nearly done at episode 6. It's driving me nuts that he did all this gruesome murdering essentially to rip people off. Travelers checks and gems. I guess that goes far in southeast asia but murder? It seemed like the guy just liked manipulating people, total sociopath scum. A Jim Jones type.

That's wild that you knew the diplomat's wife professionally.
    sputnik likes this.

Bronze Member

Gotta check that out. I hope I don't digested to the point of anxiety. I hate watching innocent people murdered by psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by czb;[URL="tel:3813520"
    3813520[/URL]]i don't think i could watch anything with her in it.

i started watching a dylan docu on netflix. it is 15 years old and i didn't know it existed. i think i need to crawl out from under my rock.
    you & me both!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne;[URL="tel:3813145"
    3813145[/URL]]I was going to say the same thing about The Irregulars - I couldn't watch it during the day without closing all the blinds because it was so dark. I still loved it though.
    I watched it because of you guys & loved it, but I heard recently that they have cancelled season 2 . I was looking forward to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch;[URL="tel:3813221"
    3813221[/URL]]No, you're right. Ewan will play Halston in the Ryan Murphy series. I'm not sure about the casting, as Halston seemed so suave, classy and reserved. That's not exactly how I see Ewan McGregor, but he's easy on the eyes so I'll watch, lol.
    Ah! That might be the advert I saw then.
    I always think of Ewan as a bit “rough & ready” with his Belstaff & riding across Syria looking at ancient sites....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

i started watching mare of easttown with kate winslet. i'm 2 episodes in and so far it's good if a little depressing - it's a murder mystery but everyone lives in this dead end small town and has miserable lives. super well made though.
    levitt and fgg like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I watched it because of you guys & loved it, but I heard recently that they have cancelled season 2 . I was looking forward to that.
    NOOOOO! I thought for sure they'd get another season. But I bet they'll renew Shadow & Bone, and I've tried 4 times now and just can't get past episode 3.
    Novice likes this.
    Be excellent to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Noooooooo I was so sure they're renew it!
    Netfliiiiiix sorry I didn't mean what I say, your director of photography is awesome, I don't care if it's dark all the tiiiiiiiiime !!!!

Faithanne >> Apparently Shadow and Bones will get 4 seasons - I actually really liked it, mostly because I liked the books and definitely thought it improved on them.
    (Especially Mal. His character is so BLAH in the books, when he's not a complete asshole, his romance with Alina must have been one of the least interesting I've ever read)
    Novice likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

No! Really???
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    (Especially Mal. His character is so BLAH in the books, when he's not a complete asshole, his romance with Alina must have been one of the least interesting I've ever read)
    These 2 characters are the least interesting in the show too. Plus I'm confused about the geography, and also I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about the dude with the walking stick and his crew. I really want to like it but just can't get into it.
    Be excellent to each other.

In the end I really wish they had left the Crows out - to m 6 of Crows & Crooked kingdoms were better books than the Shadow & Bones trilogy, the characters were a lot more interesting, and would have deserved their own season - Nina and Matthias especially (who join the Crows later) are absolutely pointless in this season, we don't quite know why Nina is so important that we have to follow her along. Makes more sense in 6 of Crows.
    I understand why Netlfix chose to mix the books (because Mal and Alina are boooooooring XD) but I was wondering if it was a wise choice for the non book readers
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Watched Drive to Survive on Netflix. So yeah, now I’m a F1 fan. My god it’s a well made show.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Binge watching The Brokenwood Mysteries on ACORN TV. Compulsive and fun.
    fgg likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Started watching The Nevers and OMG THE COSTUMES !!!!!
    The underlayers are correct! Women wear chemises under their corsets! They DO STUFF in their corsets and don't faint all the time! Silk petticoats, I see you! It is the same 2 women who worked on Game of Thrones who are also doing costumes in The Nevers, and it shows. the fabrics (apart from ye olde polyester velvet XD), the cuts, the embroideries, it is splendid.

I had to watch the first episode a second time because I ended up being so focused on the costumes I didn't pay attention to any of the names or anything really
    Super intrigued with where this is going
    (also, HBO has better technicians, you can actully see shit during the night scenes * hem hem, Netflix XD *)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Looks great.
    Equally it’s American & looks to be a different class of people from the Netflix one filmed in the uk.
    Having said that I will be checking it out ASAP!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I remember Game of Thrones having several night episodes where I couldn't see shit and just assumed it was my TV being shitty or my eyesight being shitty. But that was an HBO production.

Thread Information