Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kerastase Initialiste Hair and Scalp Serum

Because coloring (or is it lightening?) your hair lifts the cuticle on the hair shaft, apparently it makes the hair look slightly thicker. According to my hair dresser.

Have you seen a trictologist? (or however it's spelt?).
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I started taking a prescription vitamin d supplement. I, like almost everyone on the planet, has a vitamin d deficiency. Mine was really bad. Most people should be around 50 - 70 ng/ml. Mine is less than 10ng/ml. I'm in the single digits. My doctor put me on 50000 IU per week. It's really made a difference in my hair loss. Finally!! Also, my nails are looking really great
    Brookie likes this.

Moroccanoil has done wonders for my hair. My stylist told me not to put conditioner near my scalp. Worse advice ever (though I love her)! I thought my hair was falling out because of age. It was receding right above my temples. I decided to flip my part, lay off the flat iron, and started the oil. After a few months, my normal hair line is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Moroccanoil has done wonders for my hair. My stylist told me not to put conditioner near my scalp. Worse advice ever (though I love her)! I thought my hair was falling out because of age. It was receding right above my temples. I decided to flip my part, lay off the flat iron, and started the oil. After a few months, my normal hair line is back.
    I'll have to try that. Did you notice the receding after you had your kids? I had the 6 month postpartum hair loss, but that came back relatively fast. Then, at about the 2 year mark, it started again. I felt noticeably thinner around the front, mostly on the side where I have my part.

So, do you put the oil on your scalp?

Good luck with your doctor visit Holly, I hope you can get some answers that are manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'll have to try that. Did you notice the receding after you had your kids? I had the 6 month postpartum hair loss, but that came back relatively fast. Then, at about the 2 year mark, it started again. I felt noticeably thinner around the front, mostly on the side where I have my part.

So, do you put the oil on your scalp?
    My hair went really funky with each kid. I have always had really thick, curly hair that I blow out. After my kids it went straighter, then curlier, now it's back to normal. And yes, I lost a lot of hair after each one of them was about 3-4 months old.

I think my problem at my hair line came down to too much heat and not enough conditioner. I use some of the oil at my part but, mostly, I work it into the ends. It's easy to overdue so start slow. If you have lighter hair, get the lite Moroccan oil too. The regular stuff can darken your hair a bit.
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    My hair went really funky with each kid. I have always had really thick, curly hair that I blow out. After my kids it went straighter, then curlier, now it's back to normal. And yes, I lost a lot of hair after each one of them was about 3-4 months old.

I think my problem at my hair line came down to too much heat and not enough conditioner. I use some of the oil at my part but, mostly, I work it into the ends. It's easy to overdue so start slow. If you have lighter hair, get the lite Moroccan oil too. The regular stuff can darken your hair a bit.
    I have blonde, naturally wavy hair. I blow out my hair with a dryer and round brush and then sometimes finish with a flat iron. My hair was amazing during pregnancy and right after. Then, the massive shedding, the grow back and then shedding again. The back of my head, toward the top/crown grew back in some weird texture. I have to blow it out really good to get it smooth. I had to cut back on the drying in order to save it from falling out.

I'll pick up the oil tomorrow. Thanks

That all sounds familiar! It can be hard to find the real Moroccan Oil. I think you have to go to salons. I've found some Argan Oil at places like TJ Maxx but they are a bit watered down. The best price I've found so far is on Amazon.

Oh, I also found Umberto hair mask at Target. It's about $12 but it's awesome! I use it once/week now and think that has helped a bit too. The 2-3 days after using it, my hair is much smoother.

czb

moroccan oil stimulates hair growth? or just makes the hair you have look better.

i too have noticed some thinning. i started taking biotin and that seems to have helped a little but if a topical will help, i am up for trying it.

^^I'm not sure what's stimulating the growth, but my hair is slowly coming back. The hair around my temples and forehead are growing back. I'm so glad. Not sure if its the vitamin d or the oil. It's something.

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread in a while!
    I got some more tests done, & I had a few things that were slightly elevated & a couple that were slightly below normal. I can't remember what they were...but basically I may be starting menopause! The dr wants me to come back in July to get rechecked. I'm only 43, so it's kinda on the young side for menopause but not out of the realm of possibility. So weird.

In the meantime, I have been taking every kind of vitamin, supplement, multi-mineral for my hair for the past few months & my hair has really been looking & feeling great! I've even gotten compliments on how healthy & thicker it's been looking! I'm very excited about it. I'm barely shedding. It's been great.

Congratulations on your hair Holly.
    Sorry to hear about the menopause stuff(is it peri-menopause?) but I think that we have that covered in another thread.
    If it helps at all, I work with a load of women& a number of them are menopausal & they are 45-46-ish. Full blow, no periods stuff too. No consolation for you really though!
    holly likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information