Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 2 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By Novice
  • 1 Post By sprynkles

Thread: What do you know about Nerium?

Default What do you know about Nerium?

I have a friend who is now hawking Nerium? Does anyone know anything about it? Truth or bullshit?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I know nothing but the marketing sure makes it sound like a massive scam.
    holly likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Yeah, gut tells me to be suspect.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Here's a review of it - sounds like it could be toxic
    Despite being poisonous, nerium oleander is commonly used as a skin cancer treatment, so what will it do for your wrinkles? Nerium International markets their product as an anti-wrinkle treatment and a lucrative business opportunity. This is where I start to see red flags. Personally, I am not a fan of multi-level companies. They all tend to over-hype a “newly discovered ingredient” and rarely do their products deliver. Not to mention, all the sign up fee’s, auto-ship programs, recruiting meetings… what a drag! Before you know it, you have a closet full on unused product and your friends have mysteriously stopped taking your calls.

Nerium oleander contains cardiac glycosides, which are toxic. They are the reason the ingredient is poisonous when ingested. When cardiac glycosides were combined with malignant cancer cells, oxidative stress increased and the cancer cells died.

Oxidative stress isn’t usually considered a good thing. It may kill unhealthy cells, but it destroys healthy cells, too. In fact, many skin care products use antioxidants to prevent oxidative stress because it speeds up skin’s aging process.

If nerium oleander is applied to skin, is there any proof the cardiac glycosides can distinguish between healthy and unhealthy cells? I couldn’t find any.

I wish the company would explain why they believe Nerium diminishes wrinkles. My research shows the main ingredient is more likely to damage skin than anything else.
    These are snippets from this review. I wouldn't touch the stuff.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'll just say that all the women out here that are stay at home mom's are hawking this shit. First it was that Mona Vie shit and now it's Nerium.

I read some of those same reviews last night. I double questioned myself because I had a different friend, who doesn't sell it, said she heard the stuff was awesome, so I thought I was missing the boat on something. I feel better now.

My step sister just got a new Lexus from Nerium. She loves selling it and swears it's going to help her retire early. I am trying the product myself in a week. She's been doing it for awhile now in Washington and loves it.

Here are some pretty impressive before and afters. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4kynwnbofzkut7/A6wresm0Y_

^^I just read in the DM that Ray Liotta is suing the company for using his image without permission and falsely claiming he used their product:

Goodfellas' Ray Liotta sues Nerium International skin care company | Mail Online

If they stole his picture, I wouldn't be surprised if before and after pictures have also been stolen.
    Novice and whitetigeress like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    My step sister just got a new Lexus from Nerium. She loves selling it and swears it's going to help her retire early. I am trying the product myself in a week. She's been doing it for awhile now in Washington and loves it.

Here are some pretty impressive before and afters. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4kynwnbofzkut7/A6wresm0Y_
    Beanie.had plenty of new cars & expensive toys but it.didn't make his ponzi scheme legal, and it won't legitimise this.
    Brookie likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

You guys got me thinking. I was looking at a new pic of my step sister and couldn't help but notice that she really does not look any better than before she started selling Nerium. I looked at all the terrible reviews it's received on Amazon, and I think I'll have to pass on trying it. A lot of people said it really irritated their skin and mine is red enough on it's own. I don't need to make it worse. I still use Nu Skin products, the last line she sold, and love it. I was pretty excited to try it. I love and trust my sis, but this is one thing I can't spend $100 a month on.
    Last edited by sprynkles; March 8th, 2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Brookie likes this.

sprynkles - I use Nu Skin too and my skin loves it. Non-irritating, anti-aging, anti-oxidant.

- Mark Twain

I love the Galvanic Spa. It works. I used to have two of them so I could do both sides of my face and neck at one time. I also use Elizabeth Grant products. I love them too.

I take their supplements too, and use face and body stuff. I distribute it but don't have any customers and don't push it on anybody; it's not the cheapest thing around.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information