Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is plastic surgery so frowned upon?

No, it isn't. Chocolate cake is.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^ I might be just a little bit less risky than going under the knife too.

Chocolate cake does NOT carry the huge risks and definite downgrade in many many cases in the looks department. I honestly simply do not think that anyone looks good getting PS. I don't. Obviously the only ones that get away with it are the ones that don't have noticeable effects, and that is great for them and all, but seriously, how many are these people??? I think it is totally noticeable in most cases. Fake breasts can usually be spotted even over layers upon layers of clothes, don't kid yourselves. But hey, like sputnik said, no one is here to tell anyone what they SHOULD do, it is just different people's opinions and I probably can't change yours just like there is no way you will change my own negative outlook on PS. I just believe it is necessary for people to oppose PS openly, because so few people seem to do that nowdays. And maybe just a very small portion of people will think twice before undergoing huge, risk bearing, life altering surgery to very possibly move the problem from one area to another...

I agree, that most surgery is obvious even if the person who had it likes to say it isn't. You can always spot the fake breasts at the beach; they're the ones that sit up like two little mountains when a girl is lying down sunbaking- natural breasts deflate when we lie down.
    And most nose jobs, lip jobs, face lifts, all very obvious.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yesterday I was realizing that as much as I dislike my nose sometimes, even the slightest tweak would give me a totally different look and it would just be too too weird. And you can't go back!

There's something about the way we're born that's just unique and even kind of sacred - unless we're completely fug and then we have to take that issue up with The Force

Elite Member

You can either fight the system (aging) or be a bitter cow trying to make the world see that its beautiful. Everyone will agree with u, but behind your back they'll be botoxing the shit outta themselves... hehehahahahaahahaha
    ^that was sad to read

Its the truth, nobody wants to age - how can u say an old woman is visually more appealing than a young one? DENIAL can be an ugly thing.
    Everyone wants to look in the mirror and be pleased! its the same as your surroundings, you have to LIVE in them and LOOK at them all day, u want it to be tidy and neat right? Then why bother putting on nice clothing either...
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Well, seeing as everybody will get old eventually unless they die of an accident or disease, the idea that only youth is desirable is quite short-sighted. No matter how much plastic surgery you have to avoid looking your age, you are still that age.

I'm not against a tweak or two, but I see the kinds of women who refuse to age all around me and they are anything but "beautiful." They will never be satisfied, and they are as empty inside as they are plastic outside.

Women (or men) who have a fear of ageing need a psychiatrist.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think there is something respectable about aging and accepting it.
    This is kinda off-topic but I once went to a buddhist temple with my mom to pay respect to my dad's side's ancestral tomb and met with a monk. He was old and going both deaf and blind. And he was telling us how that was the path of life and you couldn't fight it. And it made me think of my grandma who was about the same age as the monk (close to 90). She'd go to all sorts of doctors for her problems; her sight, hearing, aches and pains. There comes a point you have to accept what you can't change.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Exactly. But I can tell you it ain't easy!

Well, plastic girls and ladies, you are looking at one person who thinks natural aging is BEAUTIFUL. I myself am 26 years old, I have no reason to be "in denial" or "bitter" or whatever other shit. We are more and more being surrounded by plastic, abnormal, stretched freaks, and I find it creepy and ugly to the point that I have come to find the sight or wrinkles endearing. It is dignified to grow old gracefully. I guess a lot of people aren't dignified enough for that. Of course aging isn't easy for most people to accept, but filling yourself up with chemical shit makes you look even more pathetic than a couple of wrinkles ever possibly could. You usually don't look younger, you look embalmed. And I don't think the risk is worth it.
    PS supporters might also be a bit in denial that people CAN love other people who do look their age. I just don't understand why it has become such a crime for REAL people to grow older like they should.

it doesn't have to be either or. i think you can accept that you are aging and still try to look your best, and maybe get a tweak or two, not so much to look young, but to look good for your age. i've seen great plastic surgery in person, and i know women that regularly have botox and they look fabulous, not frozen and waxy, because they're not doing it to get rid of every single line on their face, just to make the ones they have a little less noticeable. they don't look like plastic freaks in denial about aging, they just look fabulous for their age. you'd never guess they'd had PS. same goes for subtle, natural looking nose jobs and parcimonious use of fillers. it's not all plastic tits that sit up even when the girl is lying down and janet jackson nose jobs.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it doesn't have to be either or. i think you can accept that you are aging and still try to look your best, and maybe get a tweak or two, not so much to look young, but to look good for your age. i've seen great plastic surgery in person, and i know women that regularly have botox and they look fabulous, not frozen and waxy, because they're not doing it to get rid of every single line on their face, just to make the ones they have a little less noticeable. they don't look like plastic freaks in denial about aging, they just look fabulous for their age. you'd never guess they'd had PS. same goes for subtle, natural looking nose jobs and parcimonious use of fillers. it's not all plastic tits that sit up even when the girl is lying down and janet jackson nose jobs.
    That's pretty much my opinion. Nothing wrong with non-invasive cosmetic procedures or good PS, as long as you don't go overboard on either. The goal should be, like you said, looking your best, not turning into a completely different person/trying to pass for twenty years younger. That's when it gets funny-looking,

I'm amused by how fanatical people get on the PS debate, on both sides of the spectrum.

Well, I am glad it amuses some people, because I don't find it amusing when these things spread like a disease to even the most normal people who spend ridiculous amounts of money just to look "done", and the way this whole idiotic system makes people feel inadequate or "bitter" or "in denial" if they DON'T aspire to looking 25 when they're 50. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just speaking my mind, but it would be nice if even one person even thought twice about doing these things, like I said before. So I think it is important to say these things. Sorry if you don't like 'em

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 6th, 2007, 11:40 PM

Thread Information