Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Alicia Douvall: 'I've had so many operations I can't feel my stomach or left breast'

Wow Brah. I hope you are doing better now. I can't imagine what that's like, but it makes me so sad to think of someone being isolated like that.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

So sorry Brah. But it was pretty amazing of you to share that here with us. Thank you. I had no idea about this disorder. I hope you are receiving some wonderful help with this. Please tell me you are getting some suport. We can totally help you too with lots of love! I promise!
    Belt Up likes this.

Thank you I actually just finished an intensive outpatient program today, and have been in therapy for years (even though I only recently got a diagnoses). BDD is hard cause I just get put in ED stuff, even though the two are in the same vein but not really very similar. Plus it's not very well heard of (I'd never heard of it till after my second surgery had caused a slow breakdown, and my mother Googled stuff and then emailed me a documentary from Youtube on BDD and realized that I fit everything about it and saw people going through exactly the same thing), so I usually get brushed off by professionals or people lose patience. But I've managed to not only make a friend, but one that I can open up to and receive support from (who is a handsome guy that has expressed interest, nonetheless, haha, however crazy it is to me), which has been amazing in itself and more help than years of therapy. But yeah, people like Alicia, I hear people say how hard it is to believe that someone could do that to themselves but even though I haven't had the amount of surgeries she had, I'm only planning my third right now, I can completely understand the self-hatred behind doing something like this.

Edit: My god, these new smilies are so lame and a bit creepy.
    Last edited by Brah; March 28th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
    levitt likes this.

^ I have mild to moderate BDD. It's been a bit dormant lately so I'm doing quite well. I just avoid cameras at all costs (much to the chagrin of family and friends). I had a photo taken with Jesse Eisenberg when I met him because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but even that made me want to pick my face off and throw it at something. I know how you feel about wanting to literally cut your own face off, I've scratched at my face in the throes of an episode before, hoping to 'start over', but then I realise if I scar my face I'll be even uglier. I wish I could be a faceless entity a lot of the time.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Oh sweetie I am so sorry you go through that..
    levitt likes this.

I do find it difficult to talk about it most of the time, because when I tell people I know I get the usual 'oh, everyone feels that way!', which I can't decide if it's just pure ignorance or they don't know what to say. Maybe a combination of both. But I'm glad there on people on this site to offer support and just to read/listen really. It's one of those things that listening is probably the best short-term cure, nothing anyone has ever said to me so far has helped so it's nice to know I can just type utter nonsense and you're all forced to read it (unless you put me on ignore, you swines)
    SuriCruise likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

big hugs to you two, brah and levitt.
    levitt likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

levitt and brah, big hugs from me, too.
    levitt likes this.
    -

Alicia Douvall vowed not to have any more cosmetic surgery but her battered and bruised look on Monday told a different story.
    The former glamour model who recently shared details of her £1million addiction to surgery stepped out with her nose heavily bandaged with her baby Papaya in London.
    But it seems this time she opted for surgery to have something taken out - rather than put in.

More surgery: Alicia Douvall stepped out with bruising and a bandaged nose as she walked with her dog and baby Papaya in Central London Monday

Family time: Alicia made sure to make time for her daughter Papaya despite her personal issues

She told a source: 'I have had problems with my implants so I had all of the implants in my nose, cheek and eyes removed.'
    And confirmed that she wasn't planning to have any more plastic surgery.
    Her addiction saw her sometimes have an operation a week, and all available funds went on her quest for perfection.
    She added: 'Apart from my daughter’s education, I spent nothing on anything but surgery. I ate beans on toast and never had a holiday. I even persuaded boyfriends to pay for operations.
    ‘I’ve had so much surgery, my face doesn’t move. I can’t smile properly and can’t breathe through my nose. If I’d never had surgery, I’d be far better looking than I am now.’

Keep the cap low: Alicia's low sitting baseball cap could not hide the bruising on her face

How she normally looks: Alicia seen last month working out in the park
    It seems that this new round of procedures may be an attempt to correct some of the problems.

Alicia who is also mum to Georgia, 17, keot her baseball cap on low as she strolled with Papaya, one.
    Papaya's dad is ex-Crystal Palace boss Simon Jordan, who she took to court last year in a bid to forced him to admit paternity.
    She also claimed to have bedded Simon Cowell a record eleven times in one night.
    Alicia made the headlines recently after she revealed that her addiction to cosmetic surgery had cost her close to a million pounds.
    She opened up about how she was taken advantage of by unscrupulous surgeons who never questioned her when she told them she wanted to look 'perfect'.

Braving the public: Alicia soldiers on with her daily life despite looking rather sore as she walks her dog Versace and baby Papaya in Central London

‘I often used that word. I took a Barbie doll to one medical consultation to show them exactly what I was after.
    'I was unwell; addicted to surgery. But none of those doctors tried to stop me. I think they just wanted my money,' she told The Mail.
    She first went under the knife when she was 17, and since then has had six nose jobs, 11 procedures on the skin around her eyes, cheek implants (both adding and removal) and a facelift.
    Alicia says she also had a rib shortened to give her a slimmer silhouette, her toes shortened ‘so they looked better in heels’, a tummy tuck, bottom implants and chin implants..
    Her penchant for procedures saw her spend time in rehab, and even have a painful operation to have her toes shortened so they looked nicer in designer shoes.

Read more: Battered and bruised Alicia Douvall breaks her surgery ban... this time to have her facial implants REMOVED | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I had no idea who this woman is but came across the Glamour Model - Mum & Me doco on tv last night. Fascinating, in a slightly depressing way.

Her daughter is refreshingly normal and sensible, but it's so sad to see the parenting roles reversed. Mum trying to convince daughter to get a boob job, while daughter tries to convince Mum she doesn't need the umpteenth surgery to "fix" her face or boobs or whatever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information